FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Toestubber

Fastest Spec for leveling 1-100

Looking at starting a new Warrior and wondered what the consensus is for the fastest spec to level to 100 without changing specs.  I prefer a DPS Spec but tank spec could be an option if it is significantly faster.

Tank spec spam dungeons until 90, then go DPS and quest the rest of the way(you could stay tank after that, but it'll be a little slower for questing). 
(dungeons up until 90 give a LOT of experience, you can gain between half a level to a full level per dungeon, sometimes 2 if it's lucrative in quests) IMO that's the best way to go about it. Especially if you can get an elixir of ancient knowledge, then your gonna gain a LOT more XP per dungeon/quest.

Just go arms entire way.  That way you can pvp if you want too and dps everything down.  I went prot from 90-100 and it went well for me.  pulling a lot of mobs at once and killing them all with thunderclap and shockwave. 

It depends on how you want to level on which method is faster.

If you want to do quests, then you'll want to go as Arms. You'll two shot (if not one shot) most mobs. Quest until you hit the the level cap for the zone and move to the next one. (Yes, this means you'll end up skipping / abandoning quests).

If you don't mind dungeons, or simply want to level via dungones - then Prot is the way to do this; there's no question about it. Most of the time you'll have near-instant ques and dungeons come with quests. Being the tank has it's advantages - you can guide the group to ensure all quests are compelted.

You can take either of these routes from 1 - 100. If you're looking for pure speed I'd recommend going the prot / dungeon route. 

Best of luck. Good hunting.

Hello sorry for necro-ing this thread but it ranks well in Google and nearly perfectly answers my question. I am hoping for an update for the 100-110 legion leveing curve.

I love tanking immensely, so if questing and tanking has similar leveling speeds I will choose the latter exclusively. But I get the impression that questing is important for gearing up at 110. Reputations etc.

For someone trying to avoid questing if I can help it, can I gear up at 110 without doing all the zone quests?

That is really no reason why you shouldn't be Prot all the way from 1 to 110. You can spam dungeons from 10-100 with Heirlooms and instant pops, where you can just rush, rush, rush. And for 100-110, the mobs actually hit pretty hard - I found myself trying to go back to Arms every few levels (102 and 104 etc), but it was always so painful compared to Prot. With Arms I would be around 50-80% hp constantly, and if any additional mobs would be pulled by mistake, I would pretty much just die. Prot on the other hand? I could pull 10+ mobs and still stay at 99% hp the entire time.

Tanking specs are just OP as f*** right now. You do slightly less single target dmg, but you can AoE farm like crazy with no downtime, so it more than makes up for it.

On 8/31/2016 at 5:11 PM, FoxRings said:

Would I be able to leave a zone after getting friendly with the local faction?

You could, but I don't get why you would want to do that: You have Class Set pieces that require you are Revered, and they unlock additional items at both Honored, Revered, and Exalted.

Outside of that, getting rep is actually really hard in this expansion. All you have are World Quests pretty much. It took me almost a week just getting to Honored with Nightfallen, even though it was pretty much the only thing I did every single day.

Edited by Razid

On 8/31/2016 at 4:11 PM, FoxRings said:

Would I be able to leave a zone after getting friendly with the local faction?

You can, but you'll need to do dungeons until you hit 110. Without completing every zone, you won't hit 110 without a fair few dungeon runs.