FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Purp

Boomkin Tuneup request

Hello!

I am Torzha, new ish boomkin although my log build up is lacking. I have recently regeared my off-pieces to boomkin although a few are lacking and still rocking some low ilvl stuff. I feel like my DPS is highly lacking on fights like Imperator and gruul and a few of the single target ones. INC/EUPH is a strange combo for me because i feel like im never casting the right eclipse spell. I've been slowly working it out but i still feel low.

I have two questions that I'd like to ask. First off is about trinkets. I am wondering if using a 640/630 is holding me back as much as i think it might be. I am curious how much of an affect getting a 665 or 2x 665's would have with what you think.

Second is I'd appreciate someone looking at a few logs and seeing where things are lacking. On average my uptime on dots is pretty high but im curious where things are going wrong. Any info i can get would be appreciated!

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/usercalendar/99410

Grull 22k log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tWGBDaFr2wqkLVbP#fight=1

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Torzha/simple

Thanks in advanced!

~Torzha

Hello Torzha,

sorry that your request hasnt been answered till now, but thanks for waiting. I hope you still look at this forum waiting for an answer biggrin.png

To Answer your trinket question:

Yes, they are holding you back...Get rid of that low-itemlevel crap. Try to aim for the following trinkets

1. Goren Soul Repository - Oregorger BRF

2. Darmac's Unstable Talisman - Darmac BRF

3. Shard of Nothing - Twins HM

4. That Int/Haste/Multi Trinket from Imperator at HM, which I am too lazy to look for its name right now

Until you at least receive one of the mentioned trinkets I suggest you to upgrade your Sandmans Pouch trinket to 3/3. Costs are not that high

Logs:

Gruul

you had ilvl 660 / Cant really tell you if 22k DPS is good for 660 ilvl, but what i can tell you is...

- Your mage shouldnt pop Timewarp at 2:19 oO ...Either your guild uses it at bosspull (best choice) or at time 3:00 (whiser choice than 2:19) => Thus resulting in a lil bit more DPS for you aswell

- DoT-uptime perfectly!

- you did 1 starfall. Dont know why. Dont do it at gruul / singetargets. Waste of dps. Why? your starfall did 35k dmg. Two Starfire casts with empowered Lunar buff would have done more.

- ShootingStars / Starsurge usage: 23 SS procs + 3 charges at begin of fight + 11 recharges due to 6 minutes fight length = 37 possible =>> you used 35 (20 Lunar 14 solar 1 starfall). Usage is good

- use pot! smile.png

- opener looks ok, but theres one tiny mistake in it

You did:

00:00:01.684    Torzha casts Starfire on Gruul
00:00:02.050    Torzha casts Moonfire on Gruul
00:00:02.837    Torzha casts Berserking
00:00:03.076    Torzha casts Celestial Alignment
00:00:03.419    Torzha casts Moonfire on Gruul
00:00:05.762    Torzha casts Starsurge on Gruul
00:00:07.033    Torzha begins casting Starfire
00:00:09.067    Torzha casts Starfire on Gruul
and so on

=> Dont MF before CA. => all other looks good

Overall said: with intelligent Bloodlust/TimeWarp usage, using twice Int pot and no wasting 1 SS into Starfall you'd probably have done 3k more DPS resulting in 25/26k dps(e) with is actually pretty good for ilvl 660 and fucked up (sorry) trinkets
Would probably have been a Top200/300 Ranking on Gruul Normal

Darmac Normal:

you have 96% DPS in your ilvl-bracket. No need to investigate this fight -> Very very well

Twins HC: (75% dps in your bracket..also not that bad)

- Same here as for Gruul. Your Mage should use TimeWarp more better. It has been cast at 0:15...Please use it at pull

- Dot uptime good

- INC/CA/Berserking usage good

- Please use pot if you want to DPS more

- Keep Starfall up on everytime. Only Starsurge while INC/CA active and if you have SSprocs left over

- Opener:

00:00:02.537    Torzha casts Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
00:00:02.967    Torzha casts Berserking
00:00:03.469    Torzha casts Celestial Alignment

00:00:04.053    Torzha casts Moonfire on Phemos
00:00:05.238    Torzha casts Moonfire on Pol
00:00:06.462    Torzha casts Starsurge on Pol
00:00:07.657    Torzha begins casting Starfire
00:00:09.740    Torzha casts Starfire on Pol

=> you did not use INC/CA together at the same time => good

but you shouldnt use Beserking before CA...Berserking was active fior 5 secounds bevor you did your first Starfire cast.....Either you macro it togehter with CA (standard player) or you use it when you start casting your first Starfire while CA active (Pro Player smile.png) 00:00:07.657    Torzha begins casting Starfire)..The same applies for gruul, btw

Edited by Bonita

Thats my opener
(I moved away from Inc -> Starfire prepull to Inc -> SS)

Singletarget

secounds till boos pull:

- 00:03  Inc

- 00:02  Pot

- 00:01  SS

Bosspull

00:00 CA + MF (macro)

00:01 Berserking + Shard of Nothing + Starfire (macro)

.... Starfire

.... SS

etc etc

Multitarget

secounds till boos pull:

- 00:03  Inc
- 00:02  Pot

- 00:01  Starfall

Bosspull

00:00 CA + MF (macro)

00:01 MF 2nd Target

00:02 MF other target if available, if not => SS

00:03 SS if 00:02 didnt use SS

00:04 Berserking + Shard of Nothing + Starfire (macro)

etc

Thank you very much for your indepth reply. I have been trying to get new trinkets for two weeks now and have been losing the rolls to healers even though I'm rocking the amazing 630 and 640 trinkets. I honestly didn't even think about using Beserk and CA together in a macro (I forgot they were off GCD) so that will be happening too. As for the starfall thing I was capped with shooting star proc and already had my empowerment for the phase i was in. I didnt want to waste the empowerment so I hit starfall instead. 

Thank you again for the response and I'm not at all worried it took a while. I have been reading and trying to get a little more understanding while I look for a new guild. Thanks again!