Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help with my monk?

2 posts in this topic

So, I got no clue what I'm doing wrong with my monk. I've looked up like 10+ guides and videos to see what I'm doing wrong, and they all cover the same basics of what I already know. So I decided to come to you all for help... 

Character: Gyin Logs:https: // (Cycle to the fights that you want to see)

Rotation: Jab for chi, Tiger palm, RSK, pop serenity, spam Blackout kick until it wears off, pop TeB, then FoF. Use Blackout kick for excess chi and use RSK and FoF off CD. I'm honestly at a loss for what I'm doing wrong. Tired of seeing myself doing shit dps all the time.

Looking at Gruul - keep in mind I haven't windwalked in a while(been too busy enjoying BrM), so things MAY have changed a bit if you have 2/4 sets, but I don't believe you do, but this is what I know.

Tiger Power: Uptime on Gruul 73%+ this is really bad for having Serenity(Tiger Power is less important when taking Chi Explosion). Make a weak auras or something to make sure you keep it up 95%+ of the time.

Energizing Brew: Could've been used one more time.

Chi: You wasted 11 chi due to Jab, and 1 Chi due to Chi Brew. Do not use these abilities if it's gonna over-cap you on Chi (Say you have 4 Chi and you jab, that's over-capping on Chi, therefore wasting ONE chi). This *ISN'T* absolutely horrible. But it's something you can easily avoid. And wasted Chi = lost DPS :(

Tiger Eye Brew: You used it 7 times. But you probably could've used it a LOT more.

Here's how I use TEB:
In the opener I use it during Serenity. Then after that I get up to 6+ stacks and use it for FoF. Then the next set of TEB at 6+ stacks for the NEXT FoF. Then very quickly try and build it up (using chi brew for a boost) to get 6+ stacks for Serenity. If you time it correctly, you may be able to come out of that Serenity with TEB duration remaining so you can use it on your next FoF.

Whilst it's more optimal to use TEB with 10 stacks, it's okay to use it with less. As it's still a sizable increase and you actually get more out of it using it with less stacks more often. 

RSK: Debuff was at 82%+. You should be able to get this to 95%+ as it's a VERY good damage increase to the targets with it.

Chi Brew: Okay, it looks like you might not have been using this correctly. How you use it: Use BOTH charges in the opener. Then after that keep ONE charge on CD at ALL times. Using the second charge if you need a boost in either chi or TEB stacks (if using it for TEB stacks MAKE SURE YOU CAN USE THE CHI AS WELL otherwise you're wasting a Blackout Kick or a RSK).

Opener: yours looked all wrong, refer to this thread on how to open up (that thread really should be stickied, it's so helpful)

Gear: looks like you logged out in BrM. But make sure your using Multistrike enchants and such.
But I hope this helps ^^' and can I recommend hitting a target dummy to get a feel of your rotations flow. So it becomes muscle-memory for whats coming off CD and such, and makes it easier to perform your rotation in a raid-environment whilst being able to focus on mechanics :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Moooooooon
      This is a link to my armoury:
      These are the logs of my hc progress (sadly only nyth) where i greatly under performed:
      My rotation revolves around fist weaving and using as much thunder focus brews as i can, getting resets on Rising Sun Kick. My main healing spells are the 2 HOTs Enveloping mists and renewing mists, and i use my cooldowns when i see fit.
      As i realised though, i am not really performing well and i would really appreciate someone with a lot more experience than myself to help me. All help is welcome, i just want to get better! 
    • By Greendexter
      <Should be Studying> is a 3-day raiding guild on Mal’Ganis US. We’ve been raiding as a group for years, starting in the Firelands. We’re currently looking for more raiders to bolster our roster as we head into Mythic EN.
      We are a guild that is concerned with making meaningful progression, but even more concerned with having fun and maintaining a low-pressure atmosphere. We don’t consider ourselves guildies or simply a raid group, we are all friends here. We respect each other while pushing everyone to get better individually as a player.
      We’re an adult guild, with most members being in their mid 20’s-30’s. Additionally, we are an international raid team. We have players from the US, Brazil, Turkey, and Australia. Don’t worry though, everyone speaks English! :)
      Current Progression: 7/7H EN
      Raid Times: Tue/Wed/Sun 7:30-10:30 CST (8:30 EST)
      We are looking for primarily ranged DPS at this time. All exceptional applicants are encouraged to contact us, but we are pretty full-up on melee, tanks, and healers!
      Specific class needs currently include:
      MM Hunter
      Shadow Priest
      Ele Shaman
      Mage (Lower Priority)
      If you’re interested in applying or just want to talk to us, please visit You’ll need to register for the site before you can view the forums.
      Alternatively, feel free to add Dexter#1725 or Vyndir#1769 if you have any questions.
      Thanks for reading!
    • By Adelynd
      Who We Are
      Lunae was created in early 2011 by a group of friends that have busy real lives with jobs and families.  We like to do things well but our families and friends come first.  We are looking for mature, fun, experienced, and skilled players who want to join a friendly raiding environment.  We offer a mature atmosphere that loves to raid more with the person than with a player and knows that in the end, real life is all that matters.  If you think this way then we may be the right guild for you.
      DPS and healer-prefer priest.
      Raid Schedule
      We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 23:30-02:00
      EN-Normal 7/7 Heroic 2/7
      Our Expectations for Raiders
      Be at the raid entrance 15 minutes prior to start time when invites occur Attend at least 2/3 raids per week Have fully gemmed, enchanted, and repaired gear~have an in-depth knowledge of your class Regularly read the guild forums, read up/watch videos on boss tactics before the raid Have food, flasks and potions with you Have a headset and be able to not only listen but speak English. Applications
      When applying to Lunae remember that our only insight into who you are is based on what you write on the application form.  Please be thorough.  If accepted you will be considered a trial raider for a couple of weeks so the guild may evaluate your suitability for Lunae.  Apply at:
      If you would like to have more information about Lunae please leave a message or contact Adelynd#1667 in-game.
    • By Semifreddo
      Raiding guild looking for more raiders! We have a particular need of ranged DPS and a healer or two. Melee DPS are more than welcome if they have a tank off-specc. That helps with Mythic+ runs, if we have several tanks and groups going at the same time.

Progression: 7/7N, 1/7H

Raid Schedule: 20:00 Saturday and Sunday Server Time

Communication: Discord Channel

Interest: Message me on (Semifreddo#2224), or respond to this post with what class and specc you play.
    • By mischievous
      Cleared Heroic and Normal Emerald Nightmare in the first week of it's release.
      Classes Needed:
      Resto Shaman
      Resto Druid
      Balance Druid
      Shadow Priest
      Always looking for exceptional DPS of any class.

About Us: 
      We are a guild, made up of former members of <Red Shift> and <Casually Addicted>, on Bleeding Hollow (PvP Server on a Chicago Datacenter) that have a common goal and will do what is necessary to achieve it. We are Shifty Casuals.
      We are a group of professional adults, who believe success in raiding doesn't correlate to number in days/hours you spend raiding. We are starting a fresh page within our guild history and sticking to a 3 day a week raid schedule.
      We don't tolerate elitism, bigotry, misogyny or any of the like. We enjoy our calm, adult environment and have no qualms with protecting it.
      We do loot council which is fair and distributes loot for the progression of the raid as a whole and not an individual player. No favoritism, no loot drama.
      We have our sights set on top 100 US for Legion and are looking for like-minded individuals to join our ranks.

Raid Days and Times (All times in EST as that is our server time):
      · Tuesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Wednesday 8:45pm-11:45pm
      · Thursday 8:45pm-11:45pm

Who We Want:
      Since we are reforming and building for the expansion now is a great time to get in on the ground floor and clear content with us, while prepping for the new expansion. These are some key traits that we are looking for:
      · Someone who understands that 3 nights a week raiding means that you need to bring your A-game each and every night. Attendance is expected to be near 100%. By committing to raid, you are committing yourself to our raiding schedule.
      · The ability to perform under pressure. We only recruit impressive players, and spots are always competitive.
      · Extensive class knowledge of your class. (IE: Alpha/beta testing, keeping up with theorycrafting, properly gemmed/enchanted, always be up to date on the intricacies of your class (not solely your spec(s)) and on the utility of the entire raid group.)
      · A computer that can handle 20-30 man raiding and the ability to communicate via VOIP when needed. You must have a working headset and mic, and you must be prepared to use them. We will not read chat during boss fights. Inability to give a vocal response will not be tolerated as it directly hinders progression.
      · Tough skin. We're always looking to improve ourselves as should you. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but flaming and insulting is not tolerated whatsoever.

If you have what it takes to be a part of this great team and community, feel free to apply at our website  If you have questions about the application process, contact any of the officers for additional information.

Mischievous - Officer - giggles#1351
      Esurient - Co-GM - starvingsun#1436
      Amisti - Officer - amisti#1417