FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Felkuro

Need advice for unholy dk

Regarding Gruul: 

You really don't want to have Unholy Blight AND Defile. You either want UB + NP, or PL + Defile (PL + Defile is better on Gruul).

Also, I see you have a lot of Festering Strike casts, and  very few Scourge Strike casts. You want to spend your Death Runes on SS, as it hits harder. 

You've also used Blood Boil. I guess this is just a misclick, because you wouldn't ever need to use BB on Gruul.

Soul Reaper usage seems OK, you could probably push for a few more casts, but it's not too big of an issue. DT uptime is solid.

Here's my log if you want to compare: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GKXzk7NphJC6Bgdf#fight=38&type=summary

Beastlord Darmac: 

I think you've used FS too much again. SR could be better on this fight, because of the 3 mounts in addition to the boss. Defile positioning seems good enough (but I wouldn't know for sure, never done this fight with it). Talent wise, same situation as Gruul. 

Hans'gar and Franzok: 

I think that you'd be better off with Necrotic Plague on this fight, because of all the movement involved (it might be a preference thing, though, so don't take me too seriously). Other than that, same issue with SS/FS usage.

Hope this helped a bit.

Regarding Gruul: 

You really don't want to have Unholy Blight AND Defile. You either want UB + NP, or PL + Defile (PL + Defile is better on Gruul).

Also, I see you have a lot of Festering Strike casts, and  very few Scourge Strike casts. You want to spend your Death Runes on SS, as it hits harder. 

You've also used Blood Boil. I guess this is just a misclick, because you wouldn't ever need to use BB on Gruul.

Soul Reaper usage seems OK, you could probably push for a few more casts, but it's not too big of an issue. DT uptime is solid.

Here's my log if you want to compare: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GKXzk7NphJC6Bgdf#fight=38&type=summary

Beastlord Darmac: 

I think you've used FS too much again. SR could be better on this fight, because of the 3 mounts in addition to the boss. Defile positioning seems good enough (but I wouldn't know for sure, never done this fight with it). Talent wise, same situation as Gruul. 

Hans'gar and Franzok: 

I think that you'd be better off with Necrotic Plague on this fight, because of all the movement involved (it might be a preference thing, though, so don't take me too seriously). Other than that, same issue with SS/FS usage.

Hope this helped a bit.

I use Bitten's Spellflash addon which shows me to use Festering strike more but thanks for the advice. I'll be doing normal tonight so ill post a log of that tomorrow morning so show the comparisons.

I use Bitten's Spellflash addon which shows me to use Festering strike more but thanks for the advice. I'll be doing normal tonight so ill post a log of that tomorrow morning so show the comparisons.

Read up on the priority list and try getting rid of bitten's spellflash.

It might take some practice but you will do better without a helper because helpers tend to draw your attention to much while you should belooking at what is going on.