FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oresika

[Question] Spirit Link Totem affected by Amplify or DMG Reductions?

Curious about this spell's interaction with Damage Reduction abilities like  Smoke Bomb and  Power Word: Barrier, as well as  Amplify Magic. Considering the Totem effectively reduces and generates health by dealing and healing damage, as noted by combat logs of all kinds, I'm curious if mitigating damage within the spirit link and amplifying healing done actually benefit the totem's effects even more

Does damage reduction inside a spirit link also mitigate the "damage done" by spirit link itself? What about Amplify Magic or other increased healing effects? Is it possible to get the most out of the totem itself by using, for example, a personal cooldown while within its radius? My theory is that the totem's "damage done" is reduced, and therefore the group's healing taken by the totem is effectively increased.

This is a very interesting question for sure. I'll try and find some time to test this out myself this week. Just use spirit link totem when a tank uses a very big defensive CD. Then compare the total health before, total health after, and damage taken. 

Also related to this topic is the impact of immunity type CDs like Dark Bargain. I think Dark Bargain + Spirit Link gives you 8 seconds of invulnerability (though the warlock will probably die afterwards). 

I'm almost positive SLT is not impacted by % reductions or healing increases; if it were we would expect a discrepancy between its 'damage' and 'healing' done in the log report, but this isn't what happens (logs report it having done one total point of healing, presumably due to rounding.)

I'm not sure how it handles numeric shields however, or how/if it interacts with stuff like expel shadow on ko'ragh