FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Bruce

Guest Fulgora

Just finished this as an Elemental Shaman, easiest thing I could figure out was to have Glyph of Unleashed Lightning and strafe when he casts Chomp Chomp Chomp. Otherwise you can just run in circles the entire time and result in the same thing, him dead Posted Image. Heal yourself up if needed, if constantly on the move the Ancestral Guidance talent is a great help.

Just finished this as an Elemental Shaman, easiest thing I could figure out was to have Glyph of Unleashed Lightning and strafe when he casts Chomp Chomp Chomp. Otherwise you can just run in circles the entire time and result in the same thing, him dead Posted Image. Heal yourself up if needed, if constantly on the move the Ancestral Guidance talent is a great help.

Thank you very much for this contribution :) I will add it into the guide this week-end, hopefully.

Guest Guest

As elemental I just kept frostshock up on him and ran around, easiest thing ever Posted Image

Use Unleashed Lightning ofc :)

Guest shadowhawque

Hunter:

Since they nerf'd Aspect of the Fox, just kite and cast.

Also, make sure growl is off (unless you want your pet to aggro and die on the first chomp chomp chomp).

Hunter:

Since they nerf'd Aspect of the Fox, just kite and cast.

Also, make sure growl is off (unless you want your pet to aggro and die on the first chomp chomp chomp).

Thank you for all you contributions! Vlad is going to fill the Hunter-specific sections based on what you gave us :)

As elemental I just kept frostshock up on him and ran around, easiest thing ever Posted Image

Use Unleashed Lightning ofc :)

As you can see, this is all included in the guide now. Thanks!

Arms warrior, toe to toe until he starts casting chomp then run through the boss. Also you will want to be in as far as you can on his hitbox before he turns so as to have an extra second to account for errors so you can get out of the way and not get hit. I moved a bit too slowly and get a bit of the chomp on me but was at full health and was able to finish and win but it took me from full health about 379k unbuffed down to about 20% so don't expect to withstand a lengthy stay.

Guest exodia fenris

i have class advice for the warriors.

what i did was on the fight i start running around him till he casts chomp and as soon as he casted i stopped and wailed on him. rinse and repeat. i specced for shockwave and stormbolt for just in case emergency. other than that thats about it Posted Image easy for warriors. also make sure to pop die by the sword if u have to.

Guest Tanek

Retribution Paladin

None of the talents that you choose for this fight are of much importance. This fight is about as easy as your going to get. Just run rotation from in front of boss and move through when he start casting "Chomp Chomp Chomp." As is the case with most fights in the brawlers guild you will be attacking the boss from the front a majority of the time which means hit capped and expertise capped up to the hard cap is the best way to improve dps. Its not imperative to reforge to get exp hard capped but don't fret if you're over the 7.5% either.

Retribution Paladin

I recommend a build of 211223. Most of the talent options can be interchanged but this is my preferred method and makes good use of the burst that Rets have available. Remember that with a 2 minute enrage timer the T14 4 set bonus will not help, so if you have other pieces that are superior itemization use them instead. The 2 set bonus is still beneficial if you have it. To burst I build up three HP and then use the following macro:

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath

/cast Inquistion

/cast Avenging Wrath

/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings

/use Potion of Brawlers Might

/use 10

/use 14

This macro starts your Inquisition (provided you built up 3 HP), pops your major CDs, uses the Brawlers guild potion of choice, uses your glove enhancement if you are an engineer and uses any on use trinket in the bottom trinket slot. As is the case with most fights in the brawlers guild you will be attacking the boss from the front a majority of the time which means being hit capped and expertise capped (up to the hard cap) is the best way to improve DPS.

Guest HunterOfRares

For Hunter:

* Kept growl on but healed pet quite a bit

* Use stampede and the normal hunter rotation while kiting

* When he starts to cast Chomp Chomp, you can interrupt using Silent Shot (if you have chosen that talent)

do u require a certain lvl of armor or could a new 90 do it?

You can probably kill the rank 1 NPCs with item level 440 or 450 gear. As you progress through the ranks, fights require more and more DPS, so you will eventually reach fight that you cannot do with your gear.

Warrior method:

General tactics (All fights):

Ideally you are wanting the Second Wind talent, along with Avatar, as it has the highest overall damage boost. (There are some fights where Bloodbath is better - But it will be stated further into this post on the "Fight-Specific Tactics" part).

You should also be making sure to, of course, have Mass Spell Reflection (As the other two Tier 5 talents can't affect you), and at least two Potion of Brawler's Might per fight.

Pre-potting with Potion of Brawler's Might is the best idea (Hence owning two per fight) and then using the next one as soon as it's ready, alongside all of your DPS cooldowns.

Most other benefits are negligible until higher up fights or your gear is lower than average (I'm working with full 463 or better gear - As that's what I had until reaching Rank 7).

Fight-Specific tactics (Bruce):

This fight is about as easy as you are going to get in the brawler's guild, and is very little about your ability to mitigate damage, or even deal it that much.

The only thing you have to worry about at all in this fight is his ability called Chomp Chomp Chomp - When he begins casting it, move around to behind him, or towards the back but not inside him, as if you're caught even for a second by it, you will most likely die unless your health is phenomenal.

- Wheelér, Saurfang EU

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

Guest will

for hunters they may want to use a spider or a crab since they both have rooting abilities as well, and with them set as tenk spec it helps keep most of the boss's away from you leaving u pleanty of time to dps or heal as necessary. regarding gear a new 90 or one in 450 pvp gear can go through rank 1 and part of rank 2 before they will have to change there gear, at rank 3 they will need about 470 item lvl to go past blat

Guest Whoflungdung

Feral Druid - wearing my guardian tank gear - Go kitty spec and stand toe to toe using all your kitty dps rotation, when he chomp chomps go thru him to the back and you may use your shred. Bleed him. Use all your moves you would do if soloing. PRE-POT if you need that dps boost and AVOID CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP> it will one shot you. simply simple.

Guest mid

Moving through the boss does not seem to work. I made it to the tail and still died from chomp chomp chomp. The best place to be is at his side.

As a frost DK I use hungering cold to freeze him in place. use icy touch, frost strike, and obliterate. Obliterate is the best damage dealer. death strike and syphon life are helpful for healing. Also, avoid army for these as you will not be able to avoid the chomp chomp chomp while he changes directions.

Guest Punintended

Just got my blood soaked invitation today, got my ass handed to me by Bruce and decided I should maybe do some homework :D

I am a 90 Mistweaver Monk ilvl 482. Didn't see a monk guide so I will toss my hat into the ring. This guy was very easy, always start with your [summon Jade Serpentine Statue]. I reccomend the talent [invoke Xuen, the White Tiger] for an extra 10-20k dps.

Once the fight gets rolling, just do your [Jab] -> [Tiger Palm] combo until he casts Chomp Chomp Chomp, then just roll past him or walk through, whichever you feel safer doing.

Rinse, repeat!

Punintended, 90 Mistweaver Monk Sen'Jin <Aegis>

Guest Greywurm

Shadow Priest strat:

• Start off by first applying Powerword: pain and Vampiric touch to Bruce as soon as he spawns.
  • Next apply Powerword: shield and begin to kite him in a circle around the arena.
  • Avoid his cone attack called chomp chomp chomp or you will most likely die.
  • As you gain some distance from Bruce cast Mind Blast and reapply your dots.
  • If you repeat the above steps you will defeat Bruce with little difficulty.

Guest Dixinormes

Seems like Bruce's melee attack doesn't squale with the stat squish in WoD 6.0.3. At 21k a bite through plate, it doesn't seem to be easily tankable without very strong self heal.