FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tinkybelly

Blizzards Customer Service FAIL!!!

This is just too damm funny not to share.

Here is yet another fine example of Blizzards Customer Service FAIL!!!

I received a in-game mail from a GM stating that my restoration problem was fixed, to my surpise no less since I never put in a ticket for any item restoration.

So I try to do the right thing and promptly open a ticket explaining the details in hope that the 'other' toon with my toons same name may hopefully get their issue resolve.  The following is cut an pasted for what was sent and the responses.  

This is my original message to customer service:

"I was rather bothered when I recieved this ingame mail: 

"Greetings Tinkybelly, 

We were able to provide the restoration you requested. If you need any further assistance... etc.. etc

Regards, 

Game Master Onikifu

Customer Services

Blizzard Entertainment

Now considering that I, Tinkybelly of Stormrage did not request any restoration of any items in quite some time, makes me think that it must be one of the other "Tinkybelly's" (there are only 5 that i'm aware of) out there requesting this service.

Now I only bring this up for i'm sure that was sent to me via clerical errror, it happens no big deal. But the 'other' Tinkybelly is probally still waiting for a response about their issue and growing ever so impatient as time goes on without a response. 

I hope that this note brings awareness to the clerical error and that proper help can be served to the appropriate Tinkybelly. 

Thank you again for you time, have a great day."

It took them 22hrs to give a response, which considering the circumstances I thought was appropriate.

Here was the response from customer service:

"Hey there, this is Zach (AKA Game Master Elebanifset) with Blizzard Entertainment, at your service! I just had a chance to thoroughly review your petition and I'd like to help!

The previous response was in relation to your petition about the player scamming gold from other players with mount codes.

While we cannot provide the gold restoration you requested, we definitely appreciate you taking the time to bring the situation to our attention and I can assure you that all of the proper actions are being taken towards the reported player.

I realize this is not an ideal solution, but I wish you the best of luck with all your future endeavors in the World of Warcraft!"

By this time I was outraged and furious by the lack of attempt to even comprehend the message sent to them as I was trying to help out a fellow player.  

So here is my response, I wouldn't be surprised if they banned me for pointing out that their Customer Service Reps don't even take the time to read what's coming in but just spamm that auto-reponse button that they have seemed to make for most items that come to them.

"DID YOU NOT EVEN READ THE DAMM MESSEGE!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING BULLSHIT THIS IS WITH YOUR DAMM AUTO-RESPONSES.

I DID NOT REQUESTS ANY FUCKING SERVICES, YOU SENT THE ORIGINAL MESSEGE TO THE WRONG FUCKING TOON. 

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND ACTUALLY DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS. NO WONDER PEOPLE FUCKING HATE THE SO CALLED "CUSTOMER SERVICE" THAT YOU THINK YOU PROVIDE.

Yes I admit I was pissed.  But if I owned a company were my customer services reps were so indolent.  I would fire them on the spot.  We as paying customers should never be subjected to such services.  

Now I know that there are some outstanding people working for Blizzard as customer service reps, I've actually meet a few in my years of playing.  I'm not trying to say that they are all bad at all.  

But the trend for the ever growing auto-responses that don't even apply to the circumstances has to stop sometime.   

Unfortunately, as companies get bigger, the need for automation grows, and some of the coffee - drunk reps will occasionally miss out on very important details.  I had a similar problem when trying to get a quest bug fix, on the account that I had never completed the quest but the game insisted I did.  I had to tell the GM that whatever they had on record about me completing the quest was inaccurate  (Since I was unable to obtain any followups).

And still It took me 3 tickets before finding a GM that would fix the problem for me.  I just had to find a GM who was nice enough to really listen to what I was saying instead of treating me like someone who "forgotten that I completed the quest".

In all honesty, I feel the customer support from years ago was much better than it is now.  And I think much people will agree with me.  (Nostalgia aside).  

Your case does suck I'd say.  Did you remember to rate the interaction at the end?  tongue.png

Man, you sure showed them. I like how you typed it out in caps too. I could actually sense the red face, the sweat pouring down your face while you smashed f bombs down at the keys. You're mad at something blizz did. I get it. Something that didn't go the way you wanted it to go. How many times do you think that happens a day? How many players does the game have? Can you imagine the mountain of tickets they receive daily? For everything in the game there are droves of people who will find something wrong with it. If Blizzard hired the amount of reps needed to cover that, they'd go broke. A game with a playerbase this size absolutely needs some kind of automation. Especially with a "problem" as minor as yours. 

If you get that mad over something that minor, then you need to re-evaluate what is worth getting worked up over.