FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Dungeon Master Vishas

Just killed him as Shadow priest. As soon as he aggros, pop Flashfrozen Resin Globule, prepot, and just burn him down, since he is quite weak. As soon as he starts casting Heated Pockets, cast Silence, then carry on burning him down.

At second Heated Pockets, casted one Mind Spike to clear my DoT's, then Psychic Scream. Just to be sure, I had specced into Body and Soul, and ran to the other side of the arena.

Easy kill afterwards.

Just killed him as Shadow priest. As soon as he aggros, pop Flashfrozen Resin Globule, prepot, and just burn him down, since he is quite weak. As soon as he starts casting Heated Pockets, cast Silence, then carry on burning him down.

At second Heated Pockets, casted one Mind Spike to clear my DoT's, then Psychic Scream. Just to be sure, I had specced into Body and Soul, and ran to the other side of the arena.

Easy kill afterwards.

Multumesc Bogdan!

I'll add this into the guide this week-end. I wish I could do it tonight, but I've been busy with transmog updates for Patch 5.1 :P

Guest Dullenge

I play hunter. I have finished all the rank one fights. They were easy enough, however I did notice that my pet never drew enough aggro from any of the opponents. The nicest part of patch 5.1 is that steady shot now can be used when moving to regain focus. Don't be afraid to move out of the way of special abilities even if you are regaining focus.

Guest Orladel

Killed as a DK. You can absorb the fire damage with your ams, generating more and more RP. In case you're not sure, simply slow / root (depends if you have Chillblains from your talents) during his buff. Oh, and it's not dispellable with glyphed touch of ice (it is NOT a magif buff). Hope it may help.

Guest Robey

Enh Sham - start of the fight i used fire elemental totem, bl, and blood flurry (orc racial). The biggest issue I had was that windshear does not interupt heated pokers! I popped shamanistic rage, frost shocked, and ghost wolf (glyphed for instant cast) to avoid. After the buff wore off, used spiritwolves and ancestral guidance then proceeded to burn. He did not have time to cast a second heated poker.

(glyphed for instant cast)

Do you mean glyphed for reduced snares? Insta-cast is baseline since 5.0 I think :)

Did this as an ARMS warrior and Unholy DK

Warrior, knock him around till you see the cast for heated pokers. One hit with that and instant death will happen. I interupted the other spell cast as at 45% DR I would rather deal with a mele hit. When heated pokers is cast RUN!!! if you have bladestorm pop it and keep moving, as long as the boss is within 8 yards it will hit so you can stay out of range of taking damage but still deal it. Whirlwind will work as well as 8 yards to hit but damage is less compared to bladestorm. I am talanted with storm bolt but I don't remember this one being stunable but the damage is not bad and it is ranged. Use everythign ranged that you can and BTW, I could NOT interupt the cast of heated pokers but the naughty secrets was interuptable.

As Unholy DK, get diseases on and kite around, cast icy touch to build runic power and then hit with death coil. Drop Detah and decay whenever available. I do have the Chillbains tallent so vishas was slowed a bit. Use outbreak to refresh diseases when they drop and use dark transformation when available. I did this at about 450ilvl and though it was close it was actually easier than with my warrior as I didnot have to stay close.

Someone please correct me if im wrong, but i do not believe Rebuke works as an interrupt for a Pally. I tried this guy a few times before bed real quick last night and in no case did it work for me.

Edited by antbanks51

Guest ironaxeman

as a warrior i pulled this guy into a corner straight away, as soon as he started casting heated pokers i ran and kited untill his buff had gone. i then popped recklessness and bladestorm. ignoring the other spell he casts i just dps'ed him down. by the time he cast heated poker again he was almost dead so i stayed on him for the kill

Guest Jesse

As a fury warrior, I kept the following CC abilities on my action bars for easy access:

- Hamstring

- Intimidating Shout

- Shockwave

Each time he uses Heated Pokers, use CC to keep him away from you. You can also use Heroic Leap to quickly get away from him. Finally, if you are Worgen, using Darkflight can allow you to outrun him if everything else is on cooldown.

Retribution Paladin

I recommend a build of 211223. Most of the talent options can be interchanged but this is my preferred method and makes good use of the burst that Rets have available. Remember that with a 2 minute enrage timer the T14 4 set bonus will not help, so if you have other pieces that are superior itemization use them instead. The 2 set bonus is still beneficial if you have it. Keep Rebuke handy on your toolbar to interrupt Heated Pokers and make judicious use of Fist of Justice. To burst I build up three HP and then use the following macro:

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath

/cast Inquistion

/cast Avenging Wrath

/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings

/use Potion of Brawlers Might

/use 10

/use 14

This macro starts your Inquisition (provided you built up 3 HP), pops your major CDs, uses the Brawlers guild potion of choice, uses your glove enhancement if you are an engineer and uses any on use trinket in the bottom trinket slot. As is the case with most fights in the brawlers guild you will be attacking the boss from the front a majority of the time which means being hit capped and expertise capped (up to the hard cap) is the best way to improve DPS.

Guest Agatha

Paladin

"Keep Rebuke handy on your toolbar to interrupt Heated Pokers and make judicious use of Fist of Justice."

Rebuke isn't stopping him from casting heated pokers, so I have my HoJ only. Would appreciate any suggestions, this guy is driving me nuts. I can't interrupt more than one Heated Pokers, and am unable to outrun.

Guest Pawfullycute

As feral its really easy to kill him once he uses heated pokers you have to make sure you have enough combo points to maim him if you dont either use bear stun or simply run from him until that buff is gone i opened up by pouncing on him and popping all my cool downs. and just maiming and running from him during heated pokers :)

Warrior method:

General tactics (All fights):

Ideally you are wanting the Second Wind talent, along with Avatar, as it has the highest overall damage boost. (There are some fights where Bloodbath is better - But it will be stated further into this post on the "Fight-Specific Tactics" part).

You should also be making sure to, of course, have Mass Spell Reflection (As the other two Tier 5 talents can't affect you), and at least two Potion of Brawler's Might per fight.

Pre-potting with Potion of Brawler's Might is the best idea (Hence owning two per fight) and then using the next one as soon as it's ready, alongside all of your DPS cooldowns.

Most other benefits are negligible until higher up fights or your gear is lower than average (I'm working with full 463 or better gear - As that's what I had until reaching Rank 7).

Fight-Specific tactics (Dungeon Master Vishas):

This fight is quite high-threat for us warriors, as we don't have as much self healing as almost every other class, however it is also very easy at the same time, provided you know what to interrupt, when to kite, or when to stun/fear.

The main threat in this fight that you absolutely must do what you can to counter is his Heated Pokers ability, which causes him to deal a LOT of extra fire damage with every melee hit he lands, however it's un-interruptable, so is the biggest threat.

He can, however, be stunned by Shockwave when he has the effect on him, and Die by the Sword can be used to counter it so you don't have to go running away.

Just note, however, that the Shockwave stun is not as long as the Heated Pokers buff, so use the stun duration as an opportunity to apply Hamstring to him, and run away until Heated Pokers expires.

The other ability he uses, which is not as high threat if your health is above 350k and you have the Second Wind, is Naughty Secrets - This can be interrupted and reflected at him so focus on doing that, but as I said, unless the fight goes on for a while and your stacks get insanely high (As whenever he casts it, it increases shadow damage taken), it shouldn't be too much of a threat.

- Wheelér, Saurfang EU

• Like 1

Vishas was pretty easy if you ask me as a feral. As soon as he casted Heated Pokers i put Faerie Swarm and ran around the room using Savage Roar until the skill expired. For me I don't think roots wouldve been nessecary for ferals because the Faerie Swarm is a slow mechanic. Besides that, hes basically a pew pew pew fest.

• Like 1

Warrior method:

General tactics (All fights):

Ideally you are wanting the Second Wind talent, along with Avatar, as it has the highest overall damage boost. (There are some fights where Bloodbath is better - But it will be stated further into this post on the "Fight-Specific Tactics" part).

You should also be making sure to, of course, have Mass Spell Reflection (As the other two Tier 5 talents can't affect you), and at least two Potion of Brawler's Might per fight.

Pre-potting with Potion of Brawler's Might is the best idea (Hence owning two per fight) and then using the next one as soon as it's ready, alongside all of your DPS cooldowns.

Most other benefits are negligible until higher up fights or your gear is lower than average (I'm working with full 463 or better gear - As that's what I had until reaching Rank 7).

Fight-Specific tactics (Dungeon Master Vishas):

This fight is quite high-threat for us warriors, as we don't have as much self healing as almost every other class, however it is also very easy at the same time, provided you know what to interrupt, when to kite, or when to stun/fear.

The main threat in this fight that you absolutely must do what you can to counter is his Heated Pokers ability, which causes him to deal a LOT of extra fire damage with every melee hit he lands, however it's un-interruptable, so is the biggest threat.

He can, however, be stunned by Shockwave when he has the effect on him, and Die by the Sword can be used to counter it so you don't have to go running away.

Just note, however, that the Shockwave stun is not as long as the Heated Pokers buff, so use the stun duration as an opportunity to apply Hamstring to him, and run away until Heated Pokers expires.

The other ability he uses, which is not as high threat if your health is above 350k and you have the Second Wind, is Naughty Secrets - This can be interrupted and reflected at him so focus on doing that, but as I said, unless the fight goes on for a while and your stacks get insanely high (As whenever he casts it, it increases shadow damage taken), it shouldn't be too much of a threat.

- Wheelér, Saurfang EU

Vishas was pretty easy if you ask me as a feral. As soon as he casted Heated Pokers i put Faerie Swarm and ran around the room using Savage Roar until the skill expired. For me I don't think roots wouldve been nessecary for ferals because the Faerie Swarm is a slow mechanic. Besides that, hes basically a pew pew pew fest.

Thank you guys. I am adding your comments to the guide ;)

Guest NiteOwl

hay guys things for this guide it was very helpful in understanding the mechanics of the fight i did the fight as a windwalker monk and i saw you did not have anything in the monks bit so i thought i would give a bit of insite for any monks who might be reading this what i did is just dps like normal then as soon as you see him casting Heated Pokers you can cast fists of fury if you got the chi and its not on cd but if you can't then roll with your momentum just simply click roll once that will give you enough speed to get away and if he starts to gain for before its the spell is finish then click it again its usually the easiest thing and of cause make sure you have all pets out so you can still do damage while you are running

Guest Mort

Mistweaver Monk -

Easy enough. I buff up with maximum chi, usual food buffs and anything else you want, though these are not too necessary. However, it is worth having healing potions available. Don't worry about Mana Tea as if you go in with max Mana, you are not going to use that much unless you have not properly Reforged. If you have not reforged, firstly a slap around the head, you daft bugger, and secondly, I suggest using the Icy Mist reforge guide immediately, and also the add Reforge Lite.

Jade Lightening is your friend here as in with most ranged attacks, especially as the more you Jade Lightening him, the more your Chi and health replenishes. Crackle him whilst he is a distance away, and before he casts Heated Pokers, paralysis him if you are ranged, or if he is near, Spear Hand Strike him.

If he casts Naughty Secrets, just Detox.

When he gets close, use Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick. However, KEEP 3 CHI BACK TO FINISH HIM WITH TOUCH OF DEATH. For that reason, I prefer Tiger Palm.

When melee is getting a bit too hot to handle, get away with Roll, turn around, and fill that sucker full of Jade Lightening!

Keep attacking, running and debuffing until he is low enough to finish him off with Touch of Death.

You prodded buttock! Now time for the next one!