FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kazewulf

Boomkin DPS help. Logs included plus more.

Just going to correct the math here, but if starfire gets a 30% buff and averages 69k, then without the 30% buff it averages 53k (69k / 1.3 = x), not 66k. If it were 66k before the 30% buff, you'd see an 86k average.

Yea i fixed thanks, I'm on my cellphone and it's 9am so calculators don't work well with me atm. Thanks.

You're overcomplicating it for no reason :)

These normalized values only count for pre-pull. Once combat begins, the eclipse bar will start moving and you will start getting empowerments. That is why you see different results in the logs.

Check your Spellbook. Divide Starsurge's damage by Wrath's damage and you get 2. Divide Starfire's damage by Wrath's damage and you get 1.6. This is where I get the numbers 100, 160, and 200 from. 

On pull the eclipse bar is centered at 0 until combat beings. All the abilities are therefore affected by an equal amount.

Wrath: on the middle, affected by 50% of mastery

Starfall: on the middle, affected by 50% of the mastery.

Starsurge: affected by the highest eclipse bonus. They're equal, so Starsurge is also affected by 50% mastery.

You're right. Logs take mastery into account too. So w/e.

Personally I'm still going to use starfire in my opener. I see what you're saying now and what you're showing with the gcd, but I still don't agree with it.

yes I meant starfire .  Yeah I was idle due to popping cd to early and getting into position for Gruul as you can't really pre position yourself next to him.  How do you do your pre pull for Gruul?  Do you pop CDs out of position and then move into position afterwards or hold off on CDs until you get into position?

I'll have to play with my opener.  I'll try adding either a wrath or starfire before I cast my starsurge.

Thanks all.

lol guys, heavy discussion here.

I think its worth an own Topic.

Please do not forget Kazewulf is acutally seeking for basic helps. You arguing about advanced stuff. So he should stick to the conservative opener.

In my opinion people here seeking for help should to try focus on a basic solid gameplay. One day when they learnd the basic stuff and r coming back to us asaying "guys I do 70% dmg in my bracket on WCL, how can i improve to 90%?" then we can discuss about stuff like this again.

So back to Kazewulfs original topic.
Kazewulf, I have looked into you logfiles and have found some weird and wrong things you made..At the moment I have no time to explain it deeper, but by (latest) Monday you will be having a full analysis done by me (if Krazy isnt faster hehe :D)

Edited by Bonita

Hi Kazewulf. The way the game works right now, being able to move efficient is gonna increase your dps a lot more than looking into your rotation in depth. The fact that you pöp all offensive cooldowns and then run into melee range is alarming.

As a moonkin you don't have much mobility while maintaining dps. Basicly, all you have is the GCD of Starsurge and Moonfire/Sunfire. With your haste values that gives you about 1.3 seconds to move once in a while. So what you wanna do is plan ahead. If you need to get somewhere in order to avoid a boss mechanic or to get into a healing rain, you slowly move every time you cast an instant ability. This is essentially what you need to do when you pull on Gruul. Do your opener, then every time you cast a Starsurge/Moonfire/Sunfire you move one step closer to Gruul. Same applies for mechanics like Petrify. When you see Petrify coming up on your boss timer mods, you conserve an extra Starsurge proc or avoid refreshing your dots a bit (without letting them fall off though!). If you then get the debuff, you have some instant casts in spare to move without losing any dps. 

Yeah I normally don't pop my CDs while moving, was just a weird pull that night and the group I was in was the first soaker so had to get into position a little faster.  I do need to get better at positioning better so I can cast more.

Looking forward to the help Bonita.

Thanks all.

The range of the Inferno Slice is infinite. You can stand on the edge of the room and still soak. It's all about your angle to the boss. The only reason to stack up is for increased healing. 

So as promised I checked you logs.

Gruul:

- Dots uptime good

- Inc/CA/Shard of Nothing Usage good + pot

- SS procs usage good

- You had a 4 secounds gap between CA and Starsurge.. 4 Secounds wasted where you did nothing

00:00:01.093    Kazewulf casts Void Shards
00:00:01.151    Kazewulf casts Celestial Alignment
00:00:05.366    Kazewulf begins casting Starsurge

00:00:05.366    Kazewulf casts Starsurge on Gruul
00:00:06.532    Kazewulf casts Moonfire on Gruul
00:00:07.518    Kazewulf begins casting Starfire

- change your opener from what you posted to:
 Singletarget
 secounds till boos pull:
  - 00:03  Inc
  - 00:02  Pot
  - 00:01  SS
 Bosspull
   00:00 CA + MF (macro)
   00:01 Berserking + Shard of Nothing + Starfire (macro)
    .... Starfire
    .... SS
    etc etc

- Dont use Inc & CA together at the excat secound. Wait the GCD of INC and safe you Starsurge charges if you know you will pop Inc/CA soon
00:03:24.152    Kazewulf casts Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
00:03:24.453    Kazewulf casts Celestial Alignment
00:03:24.985    Kazewulf casts Draenic Intellect Potion
00:03:25.182    Kazewulf casts Void Shards

*EDIT* nvm on Berserking. Just saw youre an Worgen

Edited by Bonita

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, PUBG, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletag: Vims#21684

To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 930~ ilvl
      - 72+ traits.
      - 8/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Druid: Balance.
      Warlock: Affliction.
      Hunter: MM.
      Mage:Frost/fire
      Rogue: Assa/sub
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By filthsilvermoon
      3/11 M Antorus (ABT)
      FiLTHYs most wanted:
      2x Balance Druid
      2x Warlock
      1x Spriest
      1x Frost DK 1x Mistweaver

FiLTH, a friendly progressive guild looking for more skilled players.

FiLTHY Raid team:
      - Push Mythic progress
      - 3 raids a week, 3 hours each (Extra raid night during opening month of new raid content)
      - Must complete M+ 15 each week
      - 72 minimum traits
      - 940+ ilvl
      Raids are: (Monday extra night) Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday at 8:45PM - 11:45PM Server time (+1 GMT)

What WE can offer YOU:
      - Great and friendly community
      - Always people around to join in your keys
      - Teamspeak 3 and Discord server
      - M+ guild groups 15 and above
      - Raid Logs after every raid
      - Website forums
      - Raid livestreams
      - Guild Whatsapp groups
      - Special event nights
      - Alt raids

FiLTH is a fun place to be and most who join call it their home and family. It’s been a competitive raiding environment for over 6 years and has a strong and experienced core.
      Wowprogress: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/silvermoon/FiLTH

APPLY AT: http://filth.guildlaunch.com/
      OR
      Reply to this thread
      Message me on Marvynn#21579 or MrRoboto#2229 or Fozzy#2286.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting ranged DPS, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 3/10M NH, 7/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk; in addition, we would like to acquire a second Shadow Priest or Demon Hunter. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      If you are interested, please PM me (violentravi#1826) or recruiting officer Sepsis (tuxedomask#1712) in game.  However, if you have time (which goes a long way) for us to give you a real evaluation there is a short forum to fill out linked on our discord: https://discord.gg/JMVuYRW

Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Lor
      Sindorei Council, a family-friendly and socially active guild has been active since 7/24/2007 (BC drop), currently 7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, and 10/10, 3/10(H) NH.  Seeking DPS (notably ranged) for completion of Heroic and preparation for 7.2.    
      We are not a hardcore progression guild - have never been and don't seek to create that atmosphere.  We are an incredibly welcoming social guild with a core raid component of very skilled players who have enough real-life going on that one night/week (occasionally 2) is what we push for.   We've reached our current raid progression on essentially one night/week. 
      Are you a good fit?  If you enjoy playing your class very well, are reliable to be on at the given time(s), yearn for a fun PG atmosphere in Gchat and Discord with mostly adults, and feel like one (occasionally 2) night per week is ideal for the time you want to put into raiding then we may be a good fit for you.  We help others get better and push people to have fun in guild, raiding or not ( be it through Questing, M+, WQ's, Roics, Pet Battles, etc.). We know our members' backstories and strive to make our guild a family.  Very active FB page and Discord.  
      Schedule:   Current main core raid night is Thursday from 7:30 EST - 10:30 EST (Bloodhoof Server time).  Sunday nights are an alternative night for us.
      Progress:  7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, 10/10 NH, 3/10 (H)NH
      Loot:  All Personal - hand down to people who need 
      NEEDS: 
      - SPriest
      - Boomkin
      - Hunter
      - Another skilled dps that is comfortable off spec as Tank works well also (Feral/Guardian, WW/BM, etc.)
      Interested?:
      BTAG: Lorienawk#1319 or Mango#1525.  
      Thanks and Happy Hunting!
    • By stormcaster
      Union is an Alliance guild on Uldum (PVE server) - I will keep this short. We are looking to add two ranged dps to our core mythic team. We would prefer a hunter/shadow priest/boomkin. We are currently 9/10 Heroic in Nighthold after 2 nights of heroic raiding. We were 7/7M in EN and 2/3M in ToV. We raid:

Tuesday - 8-11 EST
      Thursday - 8-11 EST
      Sunday 7-11 EST

We recruit players that have a good attitude, have high dps and are good with mechanics and movement. 

If interested, add me on btag: Stormcaster#1629