Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ourselin

Affliction Macro

7 posts in this topic

I used to play with this macro.

/use Soulburn

/cast Soulswap

This macro instantly applied my 3 dots to my target in one GCD. With 5.1, it no longer works, /use Soulburn uses a GCD and i have to hit twice my macro for the same result.

Did you use a such kind of macro?

I use

#showtooltip Soul Swap

/stopcasting

/cast soulburn

/cast Soul Swap

so, essentially /cast instead of /use.

I'm having no such issue with a simple macro like this:

#showtooltip Soul Swap

/cast Soulburn

/cast Soul Swap

You should not be incurring a global cooldown when using Soul Burn. The stopcasting is likely a fantastic addition to avoid what happens to me occassionally where I inhale DoTs when I don't pay attention and pull DoTs off of a target instead of reapplying them all. Report this as a bug as it should not be happening.

It seems to be a macro issue.

I've read on others forums that pre 5.1 macro were not compatible and has to be recreate.

@Zagam

I don't get the point of adding /stopcasting at the beginning of the macro. What does it do ?

Moreover, i'm looking for a way, to prevent

- loosing shard if the target is out of range

- not inhale dots from my target if i have no shard left.

Any tips on that ?

Edited by ourselin

I'm not sure what you mean, Zagam, I'm still getting the inhale.@ourselin: I was trying to think of a way to do this and I imagine it would have something to do with the [aura] [noaura] crap that's above my head.

I'm having no such issue with a simple macro like this:

#showtooltip Soul Swap

/cast Soulburn

/cast Soul Swap

You should not be incurring a global cooldown when using Soul Burn. The stopcasting is likely a fantastic addition to avoid what happens to me occassionally where I inhale DoTs when I don't pay attention and pull DoTs off of a target instead of reapplying them all. Report this as a bug as it should not be happening.

Unfortunately, this still happens to me too when I'm being dumb. I'm thinking of actually ditching a macro and just doing it manually since I'm actually using soul swap more in Terrace.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed now that you can no longer Soul Swap your dots off Lei Shi when she has her bubble up? I used to be able SS them onto one of the adds but now you have to do it BEFORE the bubbles up, which is impossible.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Legion Beta Bible (WIP!)
      By Zagam
      Hey boys and girls, I'm back!  WoD sucked.  Legion looks awesome.  So I'm back to make sense of it all for my (correct version of ) purple friends.  I'm putting together my version of the "Warlock Bible" that has anything you can think of related to our class.  IT IS VERY MUCH A WORK IN PROGRESS but I'm working on it essentially every day.  As new things are changed or added, I add it.  So far what I have is...
      Legendaries laid out along with their effects and spell ID's for Weak Auras Early iteration of our gear selections and where they drop from in raids including our tier pieces Trinkets, what they do, and their RPPM/Spell ID's for Weak Auras Destruction Artifact Trait Pathing guide based on my recommended pathing Demonology Artifact Trait Pathing guide based on my recommended pathing Here's the link:
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AGT2zwZbW2SUkowEqAp7Uj8XnywXtN6tUr6Uo8T03Ao/edit?usp=sharing
      Right now, you can see it in its early form.  It will mutate many times including adding RPPMs, spell coefficients, where to obtain our class related items, how to do our Class Hall, some recommended professions, talent analysis on a fight by fight basis, tips on how to approach each fight, and all kinds of other good stuff.  As always, feel free to make recommendations on what you'd like to see - I may consider it!  :D  
    • [Player][H/A] Warlock looking for late-night (23:30+ PDT) Mythic guild for Legion!
      By LarryBiscuit
      Armory Link
      Relevant Warcraft Logs
      LarryBiscuit#1204
      Hey all! I'm looking at coming back for Legion so I need to find a thriving guild! Either faction is fine, I'm willing to pay for a server transfer/faction change. I'd be open to changing my main for Legion!
      Experience
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________
      Experience up until Mists of Pandaria was a different account
      Burning Crusade
       Karazahn (Hunter)  Zul'Aman 2 chests (Hunter)  Magtheridon's Lair (Hunter)  Gruul's Lair (Hunter) Wrath of the Lich King
       Naxxramas 10/25 (Hunter)  Obsidian Sanctum 3Drake 10, 2Drake 25 (Hunter)  Eye of Eternity 10/25 (Hunter)  Trial of the Crusader 10/25 (Holy Paladin)  Trial of the Grand Crusader 4/5 10 (Holy Paladin)  Icecrown Citadel 10/25 (Holy Paladin)  Icecrown Citadel 11/12 10H (Holy Paladin) Mists of Pandaria
      Siege of Orgrimmar 10/14H (Warlock) Siege of Orgrimmar 14/14M (Warlock) Warlords of Draenor
      Ahead of the Curve: Imperator's Fall 1/06/2015 (Warlock) Mythic: Kargath Bladefist & Twin Ogron (Warlock) Ahead of the Curve: Blackhand's Crucible 4/13/2015 (Warlock) Mythic: Gruul, Oregorger, Hans'gar & Franzok, Flamebender Ka'graz, Kromog, Beastlord Darmac, Operator Thogar (on bench for kill) (Warlock) Ahead of the Curve: The Black Gate 1/05/2016 (Warlock) Personal
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________
      Hi! My name is Andrew, I'm 21, and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I just moved back from Flagstaff, AZ, and shit its hot. I work in a call center, and my available times until 7/18 would be 0030 M-F (Sat/Sun open), and then 2330 F-Tues (Wed/Th open). 
      I've been playing on a Vanilla server for a while (oneshot Chromaggus and Nef first attempt a few weeks back!), and the AQ40 event is about to happen but my new work schedule doesn't work with that server's guilds.
    • Leeroy Zoo Wild
      By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Leeroy Zoo Wild deck.
    • Aff lock, dps/gear optimization, help
      By Jupando
      Character
      http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/quel'dorei/jupando

Combat logs
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Qv4gfZq3jhc72CD9/#type=damage-done&view=timeline

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/G9Nkj8vMZtw3cKL1/#type=damage-done&source=32

Single Target Rotation
      Corruption, COA, Unstable Aff, Haunt ( used for opening, 2+ shards mid fight, and when boss health low), Drain Soul
         -sometimes I use haunt every other rotation(after it depletes) to boost dps by 100   ticks or so, instead of waiting to have atleast 2 shards before utilizing haunt again
         -I'm just now starting to routinely use dark soul:misery to boost haste whenever possible.
         - I don't utilize Demonic Circle nor Demonic Gateway​   

Hello to All Concerned,

I am new to posting topics on forums, but a veteran (since BC) in WoW. I took a break after early cata and came back in April. I will keep this short.

Avg Dps (via Recount): 22-24k
      ilvl 698
       Optimized enchants toward Haste. I am utilizing PVE/PVP gear for stats.

Overall, taking into concept the extra dps I could gain by using demon circ and gateway, I should not receive reports of 22k dps when I'm actually trying. I restart Recount as well as ask for others recount data and it all states the general area of 22-24k. Would someone with experienced eyes open mine.

Thanks in advance

S.N. Ive always wanted to be the best Warlock ever, I don't do alts because I haven't mastered my main. I feel that if I can be considered one of the top wow players I can help those who are in my position now. Make sense?
    • Reno N'Zoth Combo Warlock Standard
      By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno N'Zoth Combo Warlock Standard deck.