Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ourselin

Affliction Macro

7 posts in this topic

I used to play with this macro.

/use Soulburn

/cast Soulswap

This macro instantly applied my 3 dots to my target in one GCD. With 5.1, it no longer works, /use Soulburn uses a GCD and i have to hit twice my macro for the same result.

Did you use a such kind of macro?

I use

#showtooltip Soul Swap

/stopcasting

/cast soulburn

/cast Soul Swap

so, essentially /cast instead of /use.

I'm having no such issue with a simple macro like this:

#showtooltip Soul Swap

/cast Soulburn

/cast Soul Swap

You should not be incurring a global cooldown when using Soul Burn. The stopcasting is likely a fantastic addition to avoid what happens to me occassionally where I inhale DoTs when I don't pay attention and pull DoTs off of a target instead of reapplying them all. Report this as a bug as it should not be happening.

It seems to be a macro issue.

I've read on others forums that pre 5.1 macro were not compatible and has to be recreate.

@Zagam

I don't get the point of adding /stopcasting at the beginning of the macro. What does it do ?

Moreover, i'm looking for a way, to prevent

- loosing shard if the target is out of range

- not inhale dots from my target if i have no shard left.

Any tips on that ?

Edited by ourselin

I'm not sure what you mean, Zagam, I'm still getting the inhale.@ourselin: I was trying to think of a way to do this and I imagine it would have something to do with the [aura] [noaura] crap that's above my head.

I'm having no such issue with a simple macro like this:

#showtooltip Soul Swap

/cast Soulburn

/cast Soul Swap

You should not be incurring a global cooldown when using Soul Burn. The stopcasting is likely a fantastic addition to avoid what happens to me occassionally where I inhale DoTs when I don't pay attention and pull DoTs off of a target instead of reapplying them all. Report this as a bug as it should not be happening.

Unfortunately, this still happens to me too when I'm being dumb. I'm thinking of actually ditching a macro and just doing it manually since I'm actually using soul swap more in Terrace.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed now that you can no longer Soul Swap your dots off Lei Shi when she has her bubble up? I used to be able SS them onto one of the adds but now you have to do it BEFORE the bubbles up, which is impossible.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FoxMaccloud
      Personaly i no longer love warlocks.
      I dont think they are fun anymore and here are my reasons
      Why i wont play Warlock in Legion:

- clumsy gameplay mechanics : which will not be changed until next major updates, if we're lucky
      - visual not being updated: aka Green Fire visuals
      - lazy talents : taking baseline spells to go in our talents, while other classes got new ones
      - unnecessary pruning : bye bye water walking warlock mount, bye bye Dark Soul
      - ramp up time : in demonology for example, you have at least 14 seconds before STARTING doing your average damage
      - aoe : Destruction was aoe king in Mop, now we have to gimp our solo damage to do aoe when others classes don't have to (hello to you fire mages)
      - RNG ressource gathering : a secondary ressource, necessary to our dps rotation tied to RNG (except for Demono)
      - RNG mastery : Chaos Bolt, Destruction's big hit spell, now hit like a wet noodle if you're not lucky
      - ZERO communication from Blizzard : many of these problems have been said since Alpha and there have been zero response or explanation from Blizzard, hence people getting the feeling their feedback goes in the trash can.

So what do you guys think about warlocks in legion?
    • By ralle127
      I wonder what spec I should use on Legion levling from 100-110 because I got no set bonuses or the warlock trinket! and yeah I am new to the game but have learned the warlock rotations kinda.
    • By Vizixi
      Lithium is a friendly guild on Stormrage looking to recruit ranged dps and a Paladin Healer. Preferably Hunters, Warlocks and Mages, as well as a few others, for Legion. We raid Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 9:00pm to 11:30pm Pst. We use Mumble.
      Contact Ajiamoderu#1627 For an invite or more info.
    • By Avanti
      Hello everyone!
      We are currently recruiting all classes for Legion! As of now, we are accepting all apps who are cool, show enthusiasm for the content, know their class, and are age 18+. We will become more strict on our recruitment once we start raiding 20m content. To finish the application process after submitting on the website, please log in to our discord ( listed below ) Come join us! 

FAQ:

Who Are We?
      We are a group of returning WoW veterans planning to hit Legion hard. Our officer core are experienced gamers who have been playing since Vanilla WoW. We have led guilds in the past and we understand how to run one properly; without taking the fun out of it.

What is <QQ>?
      QQ is a US based guild of like minded individuals who are skilled gamers and enjoy having fun while aggressively clearing raid content and holding a few PvP events and giveaways on the side (optional). We love having fun and we love to win! We have a guild website. Please register on the website if you plan on raiding/playing with us. You can register here.

What are your raid times?
      Our raid times are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (optional Mon) at 8:30pm-11:30pm PST 
      Raid invites will go out 15 mins prior to raid be on and ready to pull on time.

Do you have a VOIP?
      We use Discord. Join us on discord if you have more questions, want to join, or just want to hang out! Check the "Shoutbox" for an invite.

Roster: We will have a roster of 24 people and wish to stay around that number. We understand real life RNG occurs.

Loot: We use a loot council system to evenly distribute loot among our raid.
      Classes:
      Ret Paladin
      DPS Warrior
      ALL Range DPS bias towards Mages, Warlocks, and Shadow Priests.
      One Resto Druid or Resto Shammy

What We Expect:
      You have done what you can to min/max your character.
      You are confident in your abilities to play your class, and can take constructive criticism.
      You are aware of and can move from hazardous encounter mechanics, with little negative effect on your dps/healing/etc.
      You are searching for a long term guild to progress into future tiers with.

With all of that said, come check us out and join up today! Don't forget to check out our website at http://www.qqwow.shivtr.com !

If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact any one of us.
      Avanti#11824
      Zerowbe#1204
      Pittu16#11172
    • By Saphice
      With the recent Legion updates I decided to try my hand at a Fury Warrior, I primary a Holy Paladin. I've been working at PVP and not doing to bad but i'd like to get better so i was hoping you guys had some macros or tips for me. I am lvl 28 right now mainly searching for some good low level macros.