Topic Details

Affliction Macro

6 replies to this topic Started by ourselin, Nov 29 2012 10:17 AM macro affliction warlock
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

ourselin
  • ourselin
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
I used to play with this macro. /use Soulburn /cast Soulswap This macro instantly applied my 3 dots to my target in one GCD. With 5.1, it no longer works, /use Soulburn uses a GCD and i have to hit twice my macro for the same result. Did you use a such kind of macro?

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Chobani
  • Chobani
  • Worker
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
I use #showtooltip Soul Swap /stopcasting /cast soulburn /cast Soul Swap so, essentially /cast instead of /use.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

ourselin
  • ourselin
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Ok but you have to hit twice your macro. Previously to 5.1, my macro required only 1 hit

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
I'm having no such issue with a simple macro like this: #showtooltip Soul Swap /cast Soulburn /cast Soul Swap You should not be incurring a global cooldown when using Soul Burn. The stopcasting is likely a fantastic addition to avoid what happens to me occassionally where I inhale DoTs when I don't pay attention and pull DoTs off of a target instead of reapplying them all. Report this as a bug as it should not be happening.

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14M

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!  Bring your whole guild's logs - I'll fix all of you!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

ourselin
  • ourselin
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
It seems to be a macro issue. I've read on others forums that pre 5.1 macro were not compatible and has to be recreate. @Zagam I don't get the point of adding /stopcasting at the beginning of the macro. What does it do ? Moreover, i'm looking for a way, to prevent - loosing shard if the target is out of range - not inhale dots from my target if i have no shard left. Any tips on that ?

Edited by ourselin, 29 November 2012 - 02:58 PM.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Screwtape
  • Screwtape
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
I'm not sure what you mean, Zagam, I'm still getting the inhale.@ourselin: I was trying to think of a way to do this and I imagine it would have something to do with the [aura] [noaura] crap that's above my head.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Chobani
  • Chobani
  • Worker
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

I'm having no such issue with a simple macro like this:

#showtooltip Soul Swap
/cast Soulburn
/cast Soul Swap

You should not be incurring a global cooldown when using Soul Burn. The stopcasting is likely a fantastic addition to avoid what happens to me occassionally where I inhale DoTs when I don't pay attention and pull DoTs off of a target instead of reapplying them all. Report this as a bug as it should not be happening.

Unfortunately, this still happens to me too when I'm being dumb. I'm thinking of actually ditching a macro and just doing it manually since I'm actually using soul swap more in Terrace.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed now that you can no longer Soul Swap your dots off Lei Shi when she has her bubble up? I used to be able SS them onto one of the adds but now you have to do it BEFORE the bubbles up, which is impossible.

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users