FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
YobLowe

Affliction help

I was hoping for advice/insight on what I can do to improve. I generally top out around 20-24k DPS in Heroic Highmaul. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Yoblowe/advanced

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/0f05f384-235f-47eb-986b-a0a36034ee46/report/1#v=0,d=0

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tYFkKzrdPgNxR627

I feel like I have to be doing rotation or something wrong because I know the basics or raiding and mechanics but just feel gimped. 

I believe that your issue is something I face as Aff.
It's the Haunt pandemic overlap, causing us to lose some uptime. Generally try to avoid it as much as you can.

Directly on logs:
Your Kargath fight. 2nd DS+CC was backed up with only one Haunt. Bank shards as you approach the cooldown.

Besides increasing Drain Soul uptime, I don't really know what to advice. Things that matter appear to be in the right place. 

The result, however...

Good luck!
P.S. And yeah, get rid of that Soul Leech talent as Aff(makes little sense). Same goes for Mortal Coil(not healing for ages, and AoE stun comes in sooooo handy)
Those talents, however, do not affect actual performance. You're free to stay if you want.

Edited by Paracel

Starting rotation;

Pre-pot@ 2 second timer

Unstable Affliction at 1 second

AGONY>Corruption>Dark Soul> Copeland

and

Haunt

I have always assumed it better to have everything on before Haunt so cool downs boost the dd and then you get max effectiveness out of the dot buff

Should be casting Haunt as my first damage spell

I believe that your issue is something I face as Aff.

It's the Haunt pandemic overlap, causing us to lose some uptime. Generally try to avoid it as much as you can.[/i]

Would it benifit more to let haunt fall off before recastimg?

I open with a precast Haunt. Missile speed of it allows you to get DoTs on the target almost at the same time it hits.

I would let Haunt fall off. Shards are limited, so it won't make any real big loss for overall uptime.

Haunt makes damage on hit, then debuffs a target for bonus DoT damage. My common sense usually tells me to Haunt only the target I'm going to Drain Soul, for maximum efficiency - a lot of DoT damage is tied to Drain Soul passive (Malefic Grasp one, that makes additional ticks).

Conceptually, you'd want to have as much Drain Soul uptime during Haunts, and have Haunts active during your buff phase(DS, procs etc.)

Talent choice depends on the fight. I feel like my Shards generation is a bit not enough to fuel SB Haunt for good.
It's still my preference on multitarget fights (Hans/Frans, Maidens, Twins etc.) where I can really benefit from buff.

Did I answer your question? smile.png

Edited by Paracel