FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
baggins

feral looking for some advice

hi

I posted something abut 1-2 months ago and took the advice to get a new wep

i back after the first raid i bench 22k and am happy but am still feeling like i can push a little bit more dps. on most bosses (Beastlord Darmac) was hopping to get some tips and pointers. (mostly because i don't see what i did in this raid that i did't do in the others but get 1-6 k more dps.)

opener

5 seconds before the pull, cast wow_icon_spell_nature_healingtouch.jpg Healing Touch for wow_icon_spell_druid_bloodythrash.jpg Bloodtalons talent. 

stealth then wow_icon_ability_druid_disembowel.jpg Rake.

pop 

Berserk

Incarnation: King of the Jungle

Berserking Troll Racial

Tiger's Fury

spam

Shred 5 cambo 

cast wow_icon_spell_nature_healingtouch.jpg Healing Touch then Rip then wow_icon_ability_druid_disembowel.jpg Rake.

spam

Shred 5 cambo 

cast wow_icon_spell_nature_healingtouch.jpg Healing Touch then Ferocious Bite=FB then wow_icon_ability_druid_disembowel.jpg Rake.

same combo until i have to 
cast wow_icon_spell_nature_healingtouch.jpg Healing Touch then Rip then wow_icon_ability_druid_disembowel.jpg Rake.
opener done

maintain buffs and bleeds and do a FB where i can.
pri 1 bleeds pre 2 buff
save wow_icon_spell_nature_healingtouch.jpg Healing Touch for 5 cambo if i can.

wait for 

Berserk

Incarnation: King of the Jungle

Berserking

and do opener again just no stealth

when they are 25%hp i spam FB with 5 combo (max energy) or rip timer and maintain buff

if more then 3 targets i do a Thrash now and then.

(ggtezzy)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PrtXMKvgqJh7d2j1#fight=20&type=damage-done&source=13

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellfire/Ggtezzy/simple

if i have pvp gear on look at photo

2s1vzmd.jpg

Ty for all the help

Edited by baggins

One of the major things that I see is that you are hard casting Healing Touch, meaning that you shift out of cat form and have the 2.5 second cast time.  You should only ever use Healing Touch when you have a Predatory Swiftness proc.

Speaking of PS procs, you aren't taking advantage of all of them.  Even if you don't have 5 cp's, you should never let PS fall without taking advantage of it.

Specifically looking at Beastlord, if you look at the add damage, this is where damage gets skewed.  Feral doesn't have burst AoE (or sustained tbh).  You have the highest overall damage on the boss +3 main adds, but have nearly zero damage on the short lived pack beasts.

• Like 1

Hello Baggins!

Warcraftlogs is currently down, so I can't do a full log analysis at this moment (I will do one when it is back online) but from your description I can see a few suggestions I can give now:

Firstly, seconding Paloro on the statement that you should never, ever break form to cast Healing Touch unless you cannot reach the boss and have nowhere to run (which is extremely rare). Bloodtalons usage should be solely through Predatory Swiftness.

Secondly, you implied in the above that you have macrod Incarnation+Berserk+berserking+Tiger's Fury together, or at least use them simultaneously, which is incorrect. By doing this (especially if you only casted a rake beforehand) you are wasting a GCD of Berserk and most likely energy capping from the early TF. What you want to do in the opener is shown in my guide above, which is basically: 

10 seconds before, precast Healing Touch

Prowl

1 second before, use Draenic Agility Potion

Rake

Incarnation

Shred until 30 energy

Berserk+Tiger's Fury+Berserking+Trinkets

Continue rotation

By doing this, you don't waste energy by overcapping because you spent it via Shred, and you wont' waste a GCD of Berserk because you aren't macroing it with Incarnation.

I'll come back with much more details when I have access to warcraftlogs, but until then, these 2 things are the major advice I have for you. Good luck in your future feral adventures, and i'll get back to you with more whenever I can!

~ Bradykin

• Like 1

Hello Baggins!

Warcraftlogs is currently down, so I can't do a full log analysis at this moment (I will do one when it is back online) but from your description I can see a few suggestions I can give now:

Firstly, seconding Paloro on the statement that you should never, ever break form to cast Healing Touch unless you cannot reach the boss and have nowhere to run (which is extremely rare). Bloodtalons usage should be solely through Predatory Swiftness.

Secondly, you implied in the above that you have macrod Incarnation+Berserk+berserking+Tiger's Fury together, or at least use them simultaneously, which is incorrect. By doing this (especially if you only casted a rake beforehand) you are wasting a GCD of Berserk and most likely energy capping from the early TF. What you want to do in the opener is shown in my guide above, which is basically: 

Prowl

Rake

Incarnation

Shred until 30 energy

Continue rotation

By doing this, you don't waste energy by overcapping because you spent it via Shred, and you wont' waste a GCD of Berserk because you aren't macroing it with Incarnation.

I'll come back with much more details when I have access to warcraftlogs, but until then, these 2 things are the major advice I have for you. Good luck in your future feral adventures, and i'll get back to you with more whenever I can!

~ Bradykin

^

but yeah also as stated if you are hardcasting touch dont do that.

i noticed it helps when DoC Pops to wait until 4combo points use your free Healing Touch, hit ur next ability and then rip or bite

• Like 1

Hello Baggins!

Prowl

Rake

Incarnation

Shred until 30 energy

Continue rotation

~ Bradykin

Just scanned the logs, and yeah these two things are the major mistakes, along with Bloodtalons usage. Make sure you aren't wasting Bloodtalons procs, and that you are using them at 4-5 combo points whenever possible to buff finishing moves, that would be the last thing I saw. Also make sure your dot uptime is high (it's not bad, just make sure you are watching it).

Put some practice in keeping these things in mind, then i'd encourage you to come back and show us how much you can improve! Good luck to you Sir Baggins!

~ Bradykin

• Like 1

hei guys thanks for the tips. Hard cast HT is a big no no that i know. Will try and change my key binding so that it wont happen again. 

Will try and change my opener and look more at the PS and BT procs.

good to know i am not doing big no no on purpose.

Have a raid 2 night so will try and get a log out soon.

thank you all again

(ps. If the ht hard cast was at oregorger all healers where dead and we needed 2 heal the tanks pss. did not work)

Edited by baggins