FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Paladin Aggro GvG

Guest Aaboyx

I know this is kind of an older deck/post but I've had fun playing with this aggro build. I'm short 2 cards of this exact deck. 1 avenging wrath and 1 sword of justice. Currently i'm running a quartermaster and a blessed champion but both of these cards feel  like they add minimal value to the deck and are too high on the mana curve for my liking. I'd love to hear some suggestions for replacements! Add in a couple secrets or another blessing of kings?

I'd go Arcane Golem, Wolfrider, Coghammer, Mad Scientist + Avenge etc. Lots of viable options.

Guest Aaboyx

I'd go Arcane Golem, Wolfrider, Coghammer, Mad Scientist + Avenge etc. Lots of viable options.

Thanks for the feedback Sottle, love your decks and this site!

shouldn't you just change the reachable rank from 3-legend to just legend?aggro paladin is one of the best aggro decks in the game right now,if not the best and there are tons of worse decks on the website that have "legend" in there.

Edited by batanete

Guest grimrage

how would the Avenge + Mad Scientist work in this deck?  i ask because this deck is sooooo fast that waiting for the mad scientist to but the secret in play almost seems too slow

how would the Avenge + Mad Scientist work in this deck?  i ask because this deck is sooooo fast that waiting for the mad scientist to but the secret in play almost seems too slow

i've seen people run one avenge in the deck,although i don't think it's worth it as you would much prefer to play an actual minion on turn one.mad scientist is just not worth it though.

Scientist is never slow. You say waiting for the Mad Scientist, but every turn the Scientist isn't dead, it's around on the board attacking for 2, so it's not like you lose out on anything by it staying alive.

Hi!

What do you think about removing one blessing of might for a bloodsail raider? The deck carries a bunch of weapons so dropping it after a truesilver champion could put a lot of pressure!

thanxs!

Guest Psych

this deck before changelog was decent, got to about rank 15, but the changelog is terrible, absolute s*** or im just serverly unlucky. has the changelog been tested??? this decks has just lost 9 times in a row and sitting at rank 20, even losing to a mill deck.

suggestion equality should be placed back in as strong taunts (and wide damage) destory this deck.
just my thoughts, cos i give up and going back to previous versions.

anyone encountering multi strong taunts / field damage? any thoughts on countering it?

Guest zPoPo

Im having trouble against druids. any suggestion???

Guest gorgono1

I must agree with Psych. Before the changes this deck was awesome, now it is pure S. I lost almost all of the games I played with it and dropped from 9 to 11.

Without the 2xEquality and 2xAvenging Wrath it is just poor deck.

Im having trouble against druids. any suggestion???

Use the older versionarrow-10x10.png with 2xEquality and 2xAvenging Wrath. You can Equality+Cons/Avenging and the druid will cry.

I also find the previous deck stronger than the actual one. I reached rank 11 without playing heavily but with this deck I dont feel as safe as I was with the former one and can't pass rank 19

Edited by Mrxender

Guest Avarice

Takes some getting used too. Oddly enough I didn't have Argent Squires, and I didn't feel like wasting dust on such a low card. So i made extra space for Kel'Thuzad, and added 2 Sludge Belchers in their place, so i have some mid-late game control options. 

The Card Swap options section needs a little bit of help.. Leeroy.. Okay.. What else? Besides commons, what other good cards can go in here?  Argent Protectors? Aldors?Maybe switch out for some low mechs? 

The card swap sections always have such little info. 

Guest Happycelric

Why is this deck so bad... I can't get passed rank 15, and I don't even know what I'm doing wrong. I try to do everything said in the guide.

Guest Happycelric

I think I may have a tip: ALWAYS go face. Even if there is a favorable trade that you can make, you wont be doing enough damage to win if you don't.

I think I may have a tip: ALWAYS go face. Even if there is a favorable trade that you can make, you wont be doing enough damage to win if you don't.

wrong.i find that the key to winning consistently with this deck,and aggro pally in general,is to take control of the board once,as early into the game as possible,and once you do you usually go face until the rest of the game,except for the odd trade or weapon swing that prevents your opponent from coming back into the game without sacrificing too much of your damage(ie using your light's justice to clear 1 life minions).even then this isn't always true against all classes.

playing the deck like this has gotten me to rank 157 legend two seasons ago/last month i didn't get as much time to play hearthstone,so the best i got was rank 3),so either i am extremely lucky or i'm probably doing something right.

i think the reason people hate aggro decks so much is because they are extremely easy to do "decently" with(as in,well enough to reach around rank 10),and they ignore the fact they are just as hard as control ones to play in a close to "optimal way".i'm no pro at this game myself,but when i spend some time without playing it and i come back, i always notice the most ridiculous mistakes that face hunters and aggro pallys do at lower ranks(ie going face against another face deck when you get outstarted,and proceed to concede by turn 4 when you get overwhelmed by a full board of jugglers and shielded minibots) and i find it to be hilarious.

Edited by batanete

Guest Showstopin

So...first time I try this deck out.....want to know what i fought? A paladin with every single ****ing heal card in the ****ing game. I think I ended up killing him 4-7 times over. And the worst part is that both of my divine favors were in the last 10 cards of my deck. I think it went on for about 20 minutes. What a ****ing stupid deck (not this one, the other guy's). Made me want to shoot myself after shooting him. This deck needs more card draw imo though...Only two divine favors isn't enough.

Guest little-beast

I replaced worgen infiltrator by avenging xrath. 20 wins / 15 losses, not so bad.

6 losses against controls warriors and priests: do you have any advices against these match-up ?

Guest Guest

I must say that I rushed with my previous comment!

I have tested this deck and without having played so much (studying T_T) I realised it's a very good deck and as batanete posted there is no rush to go face in the early turns. If you are able to draw argent squire, minibot and muster, you will probably have board control easily as they are very efficient minions. It's true that the deck lacks a bit of card drawing but you eventually will get to divine favor. I also found that Defender of Argus was not as good as I expected and I changed it for a Piloted shredder.

When playing this deck you must be much more aware for your opponents AOE than face hunter. The reason is simple; hero power. If you board is cleared, you can still make 2 damage to the face. So if you were your opponent and could play an AOE spell to clear the board, DO NOT PLAY ANY MINION and abuse of hero power.

Also don't be afraid of spending fastly your silence, against zoo decks, silencing the Imp gang boss is from my point of view a good option because you avoid from spamming 1/1 that trade with your Silver Hand Recruits

Yes, the above post is correct. You play multiple buff cards in the deck, and your Hero Power is not a fast effect like Hunter, so you NEED board. You should be making decent trades in your favour if it helps protect better minions, or reduces the power of AoE.

I personally love the Argus with the amount of Divine Shield in the deck, plus the ability to always just Taunt up a 1/1 to protect better minions from removal.

Guest Heatblade

best i got to is rank 14, i think this deck should be a 20-15 deck.

not 3-legend..

not 3-legend..

The rank is in my opinion 5-3. This deck and variants of it see a lot of play around those ranks. A skilled player can surely use to ladder up to legend.

Aggro decks are easy to play, but hard to master. This is why you see a lot of face hunters at lower ranks. I personally play zoo and I get stuck around rank 14. However, people use it at the legend rank, so the problem is in me. Maybe watch some streams or Trump's teachings to learn how to play the deck better.

personally i also think getting a high rank takes a lot of time,so people with more time on their hands on any given season will have an easier time climbing to legend.

not 3-legend..

I was top 20 Legend with this deck last Season, so yeah...

Sign in to follow this