FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Hearthstone Warrior Raging Worgen OTK GvG

Guest Adam

I don't think I understand this deck. I have died every time with it. The minions get wiped before you can power them up to deal real damage or rid opponent minions. Though the weapons help, they obviously add to your character damage which is not well mitigated unless you draw your two plus armor cards. Speaking of that, yes you do have a lot of draw power. This has kept the hands full but hasn't led to a lot of power. In theory it would be great to deal damage incrementally to acolyte or worsen, but in practice opponents know their power and wipe or silence them quickly. Throw a loatheb at the deck mid game and it is shot out of the water with its reliance on power up spells. I'd like to see it synergies and control but frankly 1 damage sweeps are not particularly effective.

It sounds like you're playing Acolyte and Worgen onto the board without activating them immediately? I feel like it was made pretty clear in the guide that that's a bad idea. You want to hold Acolyte until you are able to draw a card immediately with it, and Worgen is your finisher, you don't just play it out and hope to buff it the next turn, you wait until you have Charge and various other cards to unleash huge damage.

The deck type has been around for a while, i'm only just getting to making a guide for it. For example Neirea famously used it in tournament to 3-0 Kolento.

Guest Arcanesoul

Does this counter rush? I tried it, saving my acolytes and ragings until i can proc them rather than playing them. Yet i got crushed because i couldn't keep up with the minions they were playing. Also what can you use in place of shield slams? I can't aquire them yet. 

The deck is much stronger against slower decks that give you time to setup, Aggro does have an ability to overwhelm you with this deck.

Shield Slam is pretty irreplaceable in the deck, the effect is pretty hard to replicate.

Guest Lexx

Shield slam can be replaced with Charge minions. Not as effective but does intant dmg. Arcane Golem would be as close as you can get to shield slam effect mana/dmg wise.

Arcane Golem in the early game has huge drawbacks, especially against control decks and it only deals 4 damage, compared to the almost unlimited amount of damage Shield Slam deal. It's not just "not as effective" but extremely worse.

Guest Arcanesoul

so essentially, dont even bother with this deck until i have shield slam?

Guest Aiafa

How would you alter the deck to more effectively counter an aggro-oriented meta? Or is it a lost cause? I'm often facing either mech mage or face hunter and those feel almost impossible to keep up with. 

Guest Jason

There is absolutely no way this deck can reach anywhere near rank 3, let along legendary. the current meta is all about mech or aggro, which this deck can not stand against. good luck getting past rank 15 with this deck this season. 

There is absolutely no way this deck can reach anywhere near rank 3, let along legendary. the current meta is all about mech or aggro, which this deck can not stand against. good luck getting past rank 15 with this deck this season. 

But this is not really the deck's fault.. :)

Guest Guest

But this is not really the deck's fault.. smile.png

im not sure if you're implying that i'm playing this deck poorly or if it just doesn't suit the current meta. but if you can use this deck and get past rank 10 i'll call you god

im not sure if you're implying that i'm playing this deck poorly or if it just doesn't suit the current meta. but if you can use this deck and get past rank 10 i'll call you god

As posted above, Neirea has used this deck against Kolento, winning for 3-0 in a tournament. And lets be honest... Kolento is probably a better player, than 99% of the Hearthstone players.

I am implying, that it can be either. But it could be both issues too... ^^

Guest Guest

As posted above, Neirea has used this deck against Kolento, winning for 3-0 in a tournament. And lets be honest... Kolento is probably a better player, than 99% of the Hearthstone players.

like i previously stated, this deck isn't good against the current meta, which is mainly mech and aggro. if you watched the video you'll see that kalento wasn't running any rush decks in all 3 games, which is irrelevant to my first post. I have no issue dealing with decks that kalento ran. but good luck getting past rush/aggro decks.

Guest Joskeezy

This deck has had like an 80% win rate against all types of decks. It takes a completely different kind of mindset in order to accomplish the OTK. You absolutely need every card listed here. You're pretty much utilizing the entire deck. Most of my matches are 15+ minutes long and end with 2-6 cards left in my deck. There is no room for error. I'm enjoying it and I'm hoping I can reach legendary with it. Climbed 17-13 in one night. Expect to play some looong matches

Guest corey

Has anyone recently actually hit legend with this recently?

I played 10 games with in Legend before posting, and went 7-3. That's the most reassurance I can give you, the deck is definitely not easy to play, but it is fully capable. If you can afford to play full Control Warrior, that deck is probably more consistent against the field though.

Guest Just Me

I think Emperor Thaurissan would be a good addition to this deck because you could do your combo for less than 10 mana or you could pile up even more cards into the combo (I found it hard to win vs shielded enemies). Don't know what to take out though smile.png.

Guest Metallian

I think Emperor Thaurissan would be a good addition to this deck because you could do your combo for less than 10 mana or you could pile up even more cards into the combo (I found it hard to win vs shielded enemies). Don't know what to take out though smile.png.

Just started playing this deck. It is fun, but I had to destroy some cards to get a second Shield Slam. I don't play Warrior a lot but I need an able deck to do the Warrior missions. I don't have Gromm so without it, this is actually a very competitive deck. I am curious, could using Thaurissan be useful?  Maybe add him instead of a Frostbite?   Thank you for putting this deck together  smile.png

I'm not sure without actually testing it, it seems like it might be good, but at the same time, the combos aren't really very mana restrictive, they're just a matter of drawing all the cards.

Guest Guest

I don`t play HS long enough and i don`t have much cards, but even w/o 2 "shield bash", 2 "loot hoarders" and 2 "death`s bite" it`s extremely playable. Had a whole evening of fun and adrenaline =) Just need a little patience and sangfroid. Btw, 2 "kor`kron elite" instead of 2 "death`s bite" worked fine for me, at least that day (cheaper ver. but it`s good)

Guest Skycrier

I reached rank 7 with this deck last season, but I had to make a lot of changes to beat face and midrange hunters. Also the decklist Neirea created is only good in tournaments, where there are a lot more control decks. The decks main weakness is at turns 7+ if you're not close to having the combo you usually dont have anything to play. Your hand is filled with combo pieces, that you quite often rely on top decks. The deck needs shieldmaidens and atleast 1 belcher to survive and prolong the game, also the loot hoarders are usually a waste, since you have your first few turns planned out. MCT/BGH are options depending on meta. Emperor is bad in this deck, your combo already costs 8-10 mana. 

Guest Skycrier

I reached rank 7 with this deck last season, but I had to make a lot of changes to beat face and midrange hunters. Also the decklist Neirea created is only good in tournaments, where there are a lot more control decks. The decks main weakness is at turns 7+ if you're not close to having the combo you usually dont have anything to play. Your hand is filled with combo pieces, that you quite often rely on top decks. The deck needs shieldmaidens and atleast 1 belcher to survive and prolong the game, also the loot hoarders are usually a waste, since you have your first few turns planned out. MCT/BGH are options depending on meta. Emperor is bad in this deck, your combo already costs 8-10 mana. 

Sign in to follow this