FORUMS
Damien

Forum Contest: Win Video Games, Amazon Gift Cards, and More!

To celebrate the recent birth of our forums, we are holding a one-month contest where the 10 best forum contributors will be rewarded as follows:

• 1st: $100 Amazon Gift Card, or $100 worth of Steam games, or all the mounts and pets from the Blizzard Store.
  • 2nd and 3rd: $50 Amazon Gift Card, or $50 worth of Steam games, or $50 worth of mounts and pets from the Blizzard Store.
  • 4th and 5th: A mount or two pets of their choice from the Blizzard Store.
  • 6th to 10th: A pet of their choice from the Blizzard Store.

Vlad and I are not eligible to enter the contest. Everyone else can enter.

On the 1st of July, at 14:00 GMT, we will attribute points to each and everyone of you. We will then rank you according to the number of points you obtained. Points are obtained in the following ways:

• 1 point per forum post;
  • 1 point for every post that Vlad or I liked (2 points if both of us liked).
  • additional points given by current reputation on the forums:
  • 5 points if you are friendly;
  • 15 points if you are honored;
  • 35 points if you are revered;
  • 70 points if you are exalted.

As always, we want to promote quality content, so we will keep a very close eye on the forums to make sure that no one is making non constructive posts just to increase their forum count.

• Like 1

Looks great Icy Veins! Hopefully should kick start some more posters! At least I've got a new rep to grind!!!

I was curious as to how this competition would work on these forums. The Facebook / Twitter mount and pet give - aways are all so random. This is an excellent idea and should encourage quality posts. Good luck to all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was curious as to how this competition would work on these forums. The Facebook / Twitter mount and pet give - aways are all so random. This is an excellent idea and should encourage quality posts. Good luck to all!

Thanks. We had to think quite a bit before coming up with these rules. It is not easy to find a balance between encouraging people to post, ensuring that quality will be there, and not upsetting forum members who will not be among the winners :P

Yeh i agree it always seems like i dont win these things because ppl find every single bit of information that could make a new forum post and go ahead and start one. I hope that these rules will be strictly followed by all members and we have a fun time with it. I intend to stay as active on forums as much as possible in the hope that i might actually end up giving advice to someone who is more nab than me (gonna be hard to find lol)

Have fun & good luck to all!!

Remember! Quality over quantity for posts. Anyone can spam a hundred replies to every topic / every forum per day ... but is that REALLY what people want to read? Unlikely. Having said that, the forum rules / post guides should eliminate the kind of random trolls you seem to have to endure on the mmo-champion / official Blizzard forums.

I'd like to point out that all of the pets and mounts would come out to be $155 (Us). Is this intended or is it just $100 worth of pets/mounts?

• Sad 1

Thank you Jacob. Indeed, we kind of overlooked this. Since we said "all the mounts and pets", it will be all the mounts and pets, no matter how much they're worth ;)

• Like 1

Thank you Jacob. Indeed, we kind of overlooked this. Since we said "all the mounts and pets", it will be all the mounts and pets, no matter how much they're worth Posted Image

I did think this looked rather sweet... A nice prize to go for as personally I can never justify spending actual CASH on vanity pets & mounts!

• Like 1

I did think this looked rather sweet... A nice prize to go for as personally I can never justify spending actual CASH on vanity pets & mounts!

I wish I was as strong willed as you. Not only have I bought myself 2 of the 3 mounts, I bought the wife all of them. Granted, I'm curious as to if there's a difference between Landro's Lich and Landro's Lil X-T and the ones they sell in the shop. Besides a different name and add two more pets to the count for your acheivements.

Bought the wife the mount made out of noob tears (celestial steed) to get her started playing wow. Amazingly she hates it now, she chooses to ride on the Experiemnt 12-B that she "forced" me to give her after I beat her on the roll. Apparently because I already have 100mounts I don't need it. She now taunts me in Stormwind flying around on it.

• Like 2

I wish I was as strong willed as you. Not only have I bought myself 2 of the 3 mounts, I bought the wife all of them. Granted, I'm curious as to if there's a difference between Landro's Lich and Landro's Lil X-T and the ones they sell in the shop. Besides a different name and add two more pets to the count for your acheivements.

Does this mean when you come first you're going to donate the items you already have to charity (also known as me)! Just don't let Icy Veins know!

• Like 1

Does this mean when you come first you're going to donate the items you already have to charity (also known as me)! Just don't let Icy Veins know!

Totally. Granted that would involve some heavy padding of the my posts and I think Icy Veins may catch on.

But I won't tell anyone. SHHHH!!

I love all the new mounts out there now..I bought the celestial steed..I would love to have the golden dragon..Heck I wish I could get a rocket & zhevra..but no one I know wants to play wow..lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      UPDATE — Winners have been drawn

Alliance Madmonk (also won one of our second prizes) Edjak Oakey Stltoday94 madraslover Matelot Nushu Horde PirateDuck (also won our grand prize) BoredMind (also won one of our second prizes) Telana Kopow Mistakenforpanda Bredly Justible
      With the release of Patch 5.4 this week, you have a chance to win epic World of Warcraft-themed prizes from J!NX, SteelSeries, and the Blizzard Store!

Entering the contest is very simple and there are no geographical limitations. All you have to do is post in the comments below who you want to take Garrosh down first. Alliance or Horde?

The contest will last until the 16th of September, 23:59 GMT. After that time, we will randomly pick 7 Alliance winners and 7 Horde winners. We will send them a private message and edit this news to publish their forum account name.
      The prizes are as follows:

7x Alliance Spray T-Shirt from J!NX; 7x Horde Spray T-Shirt from J!NX; 7x Alliance Cutout Sticker from J!NX; 7x Horde Cutout Sticker from J!NX; 1x Wireless MMO Gaming Mouse from Steelseries; 1x QcK Mousepad Panda Monk Edition from Steelseries; 1x QcK Mousepad Panda Forest Edition from Steelseries; 1x QcK Mousepad Pandaren Crest Edition from Steelseries; mounts, pets, and vanity items from the Blizzard Store.
      Each Alliance and Horde winner will receive a corresponding T-Shirt and Sticker. From among the 14 winners, we will randomly pick:

1 winner who will also receive the Gaming Mouse, the Panda Monk Mousepad, and a Blizzard Store mount, pet, and vanity helm of their choice; 2 winners who will also receive one of the other two mousepads, and a Blizzard Store mount of their choice or a pet and a vanity helm of their choice.
      J!NX is holding a similar contest, which you can enter as well, in an attempt to win a complete set (they are giving away WoW-themed Track Jackets to go with the T-Shirts we are giving away here). Also, for the duration of the contests, all their World of Warcraft are on discount!

• By Damien
      Our Christmas Contest ended last week-end. Since then, we have been busy contacting the winners and sending them their prizes (including the 3 Collector's Editions of MoP signed by the devs).
      Below, you will find the winning screenshots.
      Many thanks to Blizzard, Ask Mr. Robot, TypeFrag, and Curse for providing the prizes.
    • By Damien
      Our Christmas Contest is entering its final stage! Our judges, whom we heartily thank, have chosen 10 screenshots per category. Remember that only the 3 best screenshots per category will grant rewards to their authors. You can find all these screenshots at the following URLs and vote for them by liking.
      Winter Veil: http://on.fb.me/13asCHz Scenery: http://on.fb.me/RyDOLh Action Shot: http://on.fb.me/WvZyVd Below, you can find the screenshots themselves with direct links to their Facebook page.
      Winter Veil
      Scenery
      Action Shot
    • By Damien
      During the Christmas period, we will be holding a screenshot contest with awesome prizes! There will be 3 categories: Feast of Winter Veil, Best Scenery, and Best Action Shot. For each category, the prizes will be as follows:
      First place1 Collector's Edition of Mists of Pandaria, signed by the developers 1 mount and 1 pet from the Blizzard Store 6 months of free Premium Access on Ask Mr. Robot 6 months of free Voice Server from TypeFrag 3 month of free Premium Access to Curse network (including the client for your addons) Second place1 Standard Edition of Mists of Pandaria 1 mount and 1 pet from the Blizzard Store 3 months of free Premium Access on Ask Mr. Robot 3 months of free Voice Server from TypeFrag 3 month of free Premium Access to Curse network Third place1 mount and 1 pet from the Blizzard Store 3 months of free Premium Access on Ask Mr. Robot 3 months of free Voice Server from TypeFrag 3 month of free Premium Access to Curse network Guidelines
      All submissions need to feature your character in a setting that matches the category that you are entering.
      For Feast of Winter Veil, the screenshots need be related to the theme of the world event of the same name. For Best Scenery, you must take a screenshot that features your character and any place in the World of Warcraft, instanced or not. For Best Action Shot, the screenshot must feature your character in combat, or in the process of performing some class or role specific task. We will judge based on your character's appearance (transmogrification is not required, but it is certainly allowed), the landscape/background you chose, and how the two mesh together.
      Entering the Contest
      To submit your screenshot, you need send us an e-mail that will contain the screenshot and a link to the armory profile of the character in the screenshot. You can make more than one submission, but remember that we will judge quality, not quantity. The e-mail addresses for submitting are:
      Feast of Winter Veil: [email protected]; Best Scenery: [email protected]; Best Action Shot: [email protected]. You are not allowed to use any software to modify the screenshots. We advise you to set your settings to the maximum your computer can handle, for the purpose of the screenshot. Also, make sure to set your screenshot quality properly: http://www.wowwiki.com/Changing_the_screenshot_format.
      We will not divulge the e-mail addresses that you will use to submit your screenshots. We will also never use them to send you unsolicited messages, except if you win the contest, of course.
      Timeline
      You can start submitting screenshots as soon as you read this message. The submissions will close on the 31st of December at 23:59 GMT.
      From the 1st to the 4th of January, the judges will decide on the 10 best screenshots for each category.
      On the 4th of January, we will announce the screenshots that made it to the final round. We will add them to specific albums on our Facebook page, where everyone will be able to like them. On the 11th of January, at 21:59 GMT, the winning screenshots for each category will be those that will have received the most likes. Basically, 1 like equals 1 vote.
      Finally, we will contact the winners and we will make sure that they get their prizes.
      Eligibility
      The contest is open to anyone over 13. We will cover the shipping costs, if any.
      More on the Prizes
      The main prizes are the Mists of Pandaria Collector's Editions, which are all signed by the developers. These priceless editions are a present from the North America Community team at Blizzard, and we thank them heartily for giving us a chance to organise such a nice contest.
      The licenses in all the Mists of Pandaria editions are US-only, which means that they can only be used to upgrade a US account. If you have a US account that is already upgraded to Mists of Pandaria, you can upgrade it again to the Collector's Edition (to get the in-game goodies), and you can ask Customer Support to refund you a Mists of Pandaria key. European players, shall they win a Collector's Edition, will not be able to benefit from the in-game goodies or a Collector's Edition Mists of Pandaria key. They will, however, still be able to enjoy the remaining contents of the box.
      The mounts and pets from the Blizzard Store will be provided by us, as we usually do in our weekly giveaways. Winners will choose 1 mount and 1 pet from the Blizzard Store, and we will oblige.
      Ask Mr. Robot, our partner for everything pertaining to stat priorities, gems, reforging, and best-in-slot, will be offering free access to their premium features. More information on their website.
      TypeFrag, one of the best voice server rental services out there, will be offering free access to their services for the winners. They will be able to choose the voice server they prefer: Teamspeak, Ventrilo, or Mumble. The size of the server (10 slots or 25 slots) will depend on whether the guild of the winner is raiding 10-man or 25-man.
      Judges
      Your screenshots will be judged by:
      some of our moderators: Peelyon, MadMonk, and Auracle; Mr. Robot, your gear optimization guru; Chris Hanel from The Daily Blink, the famous World of Warcraft Webcomic; chaud, who brings you news every day on MMO-Champion; Noelani and Ironyca, who run WoW Roleplay Gear, a fantastic resource for transmogrification; David Grampa, CEO and Founder of TypeFrag; RM, Guild Master of Inner Sanctum (EU-Silvermoon); Michael Oglesby, who made (and continues to make) this website so easy to navigate; Jamie Syke, who designed our logo; Dawn Moore and Anne Stickney from WoW Insider; Zastaph, Guild Master of Fury on EU-Shadowsong, a good friend of ours; Arielle, from The Inconspicuous Bear, the go-to site for Guardian Druids. The judges have been listed in the order in which they have replied to us. We may add a few more names, as we are still expecting answers.
      If we happen to receive hundreds and hundreds of submissions, Vlad and I will trim them down to a reasonable number before passing them onto the judges.
      Conclusion
      We have been doing weekly giveaways for more than a year now, but this is the first time that we organise something of this magnitude, and with such prizes. Please be indulgent, we will probably not get everything right, this time.
      If you notice anything wrong with the rules of the contest or the timeline, please let your opinion be known!
    • By Damien
      Here are the winners:
      Peelyon: 303 points Alierya: 222 points MadMonk: 160 points LCSscallywag: 111 points Stoove: 110 points meukow: 106 points Neridae: 99 points Zagam: 87 points Redcross: 86 points HardBeatZ: 85 points We are very happy with the way things turned out. Forum activity is definitely on the right track and the contributions have been great! Also, the results did not give us a headache as the winners are clear and the 11th contestant only has 68 points.We will now contact the winners, who will be encouraged to post a screenshot of their prize(s) in this thread ;)