Topic Details

Forum Contest: Win Video Games, Amazon Gift Cards, and More!

44 replies to this topic Started by Damien, Jun 01 2012 06:13 PM news icy veins contest
* * * * * 3 votes
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland

I wish I was as strong willed as you. Not only have I bought myself 2 of the 3 mounts, I bought the wife all of them. Granted, I'm curious as to if there's a difference between Landro's Lich and Landro's Lil X-T and the ones they sell in the shop. Besides a different name and add two more pets to the count for your acheivements.

Does this mean when you come first you're going to donate the items you already have to charity (also known as me)! Just don't let Icy Veins know!

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

LCSscallywag
  • LCSscallywag
  • Knight
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Does this mean when you come first you're going to donate the items you already have to charity (also known as me)! Just don't let Icy Veins know!

Totally. Granted that would involve some heavy padding of the my posts and I think Icy Veins may catch on.

But I won't tell anyone. SHHHH!!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
...I think I need to get my BF into this wow m'larky so he will buy me pretty things...

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

robin8690
  • robin8690
  • Vagrant
I love all the new mounts out there now..I bought the celestial steed..I would love to have the golden dragon..Heck I wish I could get a rocket & zhevra..but no one I know wants to play wow..lol

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

meukow
  • meukow
  • Knight
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Rocket is obtainable from the RAF gametime sellers for like 15-25k gold.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Neridae
  • Neridae
  • Sergeant
  • LocationWest Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Good luck everybody!!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

Mendros
  • Mendros
  • Peasant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
oh this is really cool i hadnt seen this always play on the facebook contest but never won anything lol gl everyone

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

FranticTiger
  • FranticTiger
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Oh snap! I wish I had more time to post around here and maybe get in on that sweet mount action. Good luck guys!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Mork
  • Mork
  • Farmer
Rofl, nice contest. To bad I've just tuned in for the forums yesterday ;)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Inamoratal
  • Inamoratal
  • Vagrant
  • LocationIndiana
Would be fun to win something, good luck to everyone. :)

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland

Rofl, nice contest.
To bad I've just tuned in for the forums yesterday Posted Image

There is still a week and a could of days! Not to late to try and get something... Plus since we are all so darnded lovely there is plenty of chat to join in with ;)

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Crixalis
  • Crixalis
  • Squire
Curious. If we were to have a pet that's already from the Blizzard store, would that turn into a gift for a friend? And for the last places, if you already have ALL of the pets, wouldn't that be a gift as well?

Posted Image

Alts: Morado - Restarch (currently main)

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland

Curious.

If we were to have a pet that's already from the Blizzard store, would that turn into a gift for a friend?

And for the last places, if you already have ALL of the pets, wouldn't that be a gift as well?

Also is liking the giveaway on a weekend if you already have it naughty? Or can you give that to a friend too? Not that I've been naughty and liked a giveaway that I already have......

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
I'm fine, I don't have any of these things, because I am too cheep/poor to actually buy anything on the wow store! So you know you could always win them for me =)

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK
I think this is an interesting way to encourage more use of the forums, and I like it. On the other hand, I feel that the best forum posters are likely to come here and help regardless of rewards - in my view the point in the community is to have volunteers there for the sake of the content (rather than the rewards). Still, if this gets even one person into regular use of these forums who otherwise wouldn't have then I'm extremely happy that this competition happened. Good luck, everyone! :)

Stoove is the wizard of all things shaman related. He is neither late nor early, For he arrives precisely when he intends to.

The sole test of theory is experiment. The sole test of experiment is theory.

Theorycraft, Simulationcraft, Experimentalcraft. Who says WoW and science are different?

I use this as my moderator voice.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland

I think this is an interesting way to encourage more use of the forums, and I like it. On the other hand, I feel that the best forum posters are likely to come here and help regardless of rewards - in my view the point in the community is to have volunteers there for the sake of the content (rather than the rewards). Still, if this gets even one person into regular use of these forums who otherwise wouldn't have then I'm extremely happy that this competition happened.

Good luck, everyone! Posted Image

I think the main reason was to kick start activity more than anything. By giving people an incentive to post it ensured plenty of fresh topics for players to chat about rather than struggling to get off the ground. The main thing is people staying afterwards :)

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK

I think the main reason was to kick start activity more than anything. By giving people an incentive to post it ensured plenty of fresh topics for players to chat about rather than struggling to get off the ground. The main thing is people staying afterwards Posted Image

Well yes, I agree that's the intention. Is it working as intended? I'm not so sure. Either way, if we can get more people to stay and keep contributing I'm happy.

Stoove is the wizard of all things shaman related. He is neither late nor early, For he arrives precisely when he intends to.

The sole test of theory is experiment. The sole test of experiment is theory.

Theorycraft, Simulationcraft, Experimentalcraft. Who says WoW and science are different?

I use this as my moderator voice.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Good luck to everyone on the last few days of the contest! Hopefully everyone will want to stick around after it is all done and dusted! With MoP now being that bit closer and a possible date on the horizon there should be plenty more to talk about!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France

Good luck to everyone on the last few days of the contest! Hopefully everyone will want to stick around after it is all done and dusted!

With MoP now being that bit closer and a possible date on the horizon there should be plenty more to talk about!

That's true. Although I really expect things to kick off when there is about a month to go until the announced release date :)

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
Sooooo what are the bets that I can do 70 posts today just to nip infront of peelyon? Sadly I don't think even I have enough to say to be able to do that :( Unless in 'off-topic' I start a recipes thread and use one post per recipe... I recon I could rattle through that in about an hour!

Active Users

1 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users