FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hruberen

H Ko'Ragh Overall or Physical DPS?

Should I switch to Frost on Ko Ragh in order to deal more unabsorbed damage per second, or stick with Unholy for more Overall Dps?

Should I save all cooldowns for Vulnerability phase or use them normally for more uptime?

On some heavy AoE fights in Blackrock Foundry, could I go dps as Blood since they are topping parses? If so, what presence should I use?

In my opinion more magic damage is better for ko'ragh. The faster you push the boss into vulnerability phases the easier the fight becomes, as long as your group can handle adds well, and you aren't losing people who are soaking in the middle.

I'd say just use your cooldowns normally. whether you dps during vulnerability or when the shield is up, in the grand scheme of things its all the same.

There are a few fights that I've 3rd tanked just because blood does so much aoe, and it helps with damage on the others tanks also. Those fights are Kromog and Blast Furnace. I could possibly see a blood dk doing comparable dps to unholy/frost  on operator and maybe beastlord also. But you also have to consider, although your damage on the meters may be comparable, it's going to be a lot more aoe damage, and a lot less direct boss damage, so unless your group is low on aoe damage for critical phases then you're actually hurting the group a little bit in the long run.

There are a few fights that I've 3rd tanked just because blood does so much aoe, and it helps with damage on the others tanks also. Those fights are Kromog and Blast Furnace. I could possibly see a blood dk doing comparable dps to unholy/frost  on operator and maybe beastlord also. But you also have to consider, although your damage on the meters may be comparable, it's going to be a lot more aoe damage, and a lot less direct boss damage, so unless your group is low on aoe damage for critical phases then you're actually hurting the group a little bit in the long run.

Huh, in which stance were you in those cases? Even though Blood AoE is really good and simple, I never thought about DPS'ing in it. Can see it being an especially viable choice for Thogar, though.

I've done some 3rd tank duties every time I've gone blood. so I was doing it in blood presence. If you aren't going to tank anything and are just trying it for more aoe I would use unholy presence, unless you're going to be using Breath of Sindragosa, then you'll probably want frost presence for more RP.

Operator could be a good fight to try it on, I've never gone blood for dps on that fight, but I've seen a blood tank do 40k+ using breath of sindragosa, which is as much as I've ever done in unholy. and if a tank died you could just switch to blood presence and pick up adds.

Operator could be a good fight to try it on, I've never gone blood for dps on that fight, but I've seen a blood tank do 40k+ using breath of sindragosa, which is as much as I've ever done in unholy. and if a tank died you could just switch to blood presence and pick up adds.

I'll definitly try it out, once 6.1 drops. Provided the BB bug has been fixed until then.

UB+NP (with the buffs), BB spam and DnD will result in a huge burst/DPS increase. Now, I'd assume Blood would pull ahead of Unholy, since it naturally gains more Mastery (top stat for both survivability and AoE damage) and Multistrike through passive abilities.

Being able to switch to full tank mid-fight is just the caking on top.

I'm eager to try it out, next week!

Edited by ChaiNspliT

This is definately something I'm going to try out. 

just evaporated the blood of a target dummy, and my single target damage spread was 37% BB, 25% NP. 18% attack, 13% death coil,  8.5% death strike. Total DPS: 14k unbuffed.

If you multiply the 67% = +/-10k times the amount of mobs you can hit those numbers could be huge.

Also found out that Plague Leech preferred frost and unholy runes to convert, and blood tap prefers blood runes. If are able to manage that properly in a real fight you would rarely cast a single death strike.

Edited by Impurex