Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moose67

Guardian Druid question about Kromog

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask this question.  Kromog's autos split their damage as a cleave.  I've noticed that these autos can be dodged.  As a guardian druid this is a main way I mitigate damage.  Does the damage still count as being split or am I simply pushing the whole hit onto my other tank?  I'm sure this is easy to test, but I have no current way of doing it.  

Please help! 

Looking at WarcraftLogs on one attempt, I believe this is not the case, but there is a minor thing to clear up.

Kromog's melee attacks are not split; instead, his melee essentially always procs an ability called Fists of Stone, which is split. This leads to a different set of questions:

• Is Fists of Stone dodgeable? Yes. I found I dodged it about 9 times over the course of the fight (I wasn't actively trying.).
  • If one tank dodges FoS, is the other tank penalized? No. Whether I dodged, absorbed or fully took the hit, my co-tank always took the same pre-mitigation damage. (You'll find it's very rare for damage split mechanics to penalize dodge/parry, but not unheard of.)
  • If the melee attack is dodged (or parried), does FoS proc? Yes. You cannot appear to cheat out of FoS procs via Savage Defense, etc. - if the melee is dodged or parried, FoS is still triggered to hit the 1-2 targets. In addition, the melee and FoS are separate - dodging/parrying the melee does not guarantee mitigating the next.
  • That said, GoE + Savage Defense seems particularly powerful here. The boss appears to have a ~2 second swing timer, and FoS hits .1-.5 sec later in my logs (but likely hits server side on the shorter end). This means that a single 3sec/100% SD could mitigate up to 4 hits as the current tank (melee, FoS, melee, FoS) - on normal, that's about 430k pre-mitigation damage for 50 rage! Combined with GoE's high uptime and low rage cost and the fact that post-Slam you can dip low, this seems like a winner. The Inconspicuous Bear has a post with some advice on timing.

I'm trying to find a swing timer addon to help plan GoE-SD and Bristling Fur - these extremely short mitigations are new to me. If anyone knows of one that works, let me know.

The addon, Quartz, contains a swing timer that is very accurate.

The addon, Quartz, contains a swing timer that is very accurate.

I have quartz; I believe that is player swing timer. I want a boss swing timer. I'll check though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid No Giants Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Jade Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid Standard Deck
    • By Gidster
      Hey so I have starting Mythic progression and I just feel like I should be doing more DPS at my item level but I don't know if it is my Rotation or Stat priority.
      I'm looking at the logs and I feel like I should be doing more DPS in my current gear with is 874 with 22% Crit 29% Haste 46% Mastery 
    • By Archimage
      Druid Talent Macros:
      Restoration:
      /use [talent:1/1] Prosperity; [talent:1/2] Cenarion Ward; [talent:1/3] Abundance
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [talent:3/2] Cat Form; [talent:3/3] Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Tree of Life; [talent:5/3] Cultivation
      /use [talent:6/1] Spring Blossoms; [talent:6/2] Inner Peace; [talent:6/3] Germination
      /use [talent:7/1] Moment of Clarity; [talent:7/2] Stonebark; [talent:7/3] Flourish
      Guardian:
      /use [talent:1/1] Brambles; [talent:1/2] Bristling Fur; [talent:1/3] Blood Frenzy
      /use [talent:2/1] Guttural Roars; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:1,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:1,talent:3/2] Cat Form; Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc; [talent:5/3] Galactic Guardian
      /use [talent:6/1] Earthwarden; [talent:6/2] Guardian of Elune; [talent:6/3] Survival of the Fittest
      /use [talent:7/1] Rend and Tear; [talent:7/2] Lunar Beam; [talent:7/3] Pulverize
      Balance:
      /use [talent:1/1] Force of Nature; [talent:1/2] Warrior of Elune; [talent:1/3] Starlord
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:4, talent:3/1] Cat Form; [stance:4,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Moonkin Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune; [talent:5/3] Stellar Flare
      /use [talent:6/1] Shooting Stars; [talent:6/2] Astral Communion; [talent:6/3] Blessing of the Ancients
      /use [talent:7/1] Fury of Elune; [talent:7/2] Stellar Drift; [talent:7/3] Nature's Balance

Feral:
      /use [talent:1/1] Predator; [talent:1/2] Blood Scent; [talent:1/3] Lunar Inspiration
      /use [stance:2,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:2,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Cat Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: King of the Jungle; [talent:5/3] Savage Roar
      /use [talent:6/1] Sabertooth; [talent:6/2] Jagged Wounds; [talent:6/3] Elune's Guidance
      /use [talent:7/1] Brutal Slash; [talent:7/2] Bloodtalons; [talent:7/3] Moment of Clarity

General Focus Macros:
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Entangling Roots