FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Kirrawk

Standard rotation for shadow priest. Stick to melee range, you can interrupt storm cloud with silence, psychic scream. (haven't tried psyfiend and Physchic Horror, he was dead already). Interrupts aren't needed, since I was able to overheal myself easily with Desperate Prayer and the Devouring Plague.

Camera zoomed out at max to see the direction the tornadoes spawn from. Then just position boss in their way. Easy kill.

Arms warrior and Unholy DK

Basically a spank and tank, stay in mele range but have your view far enough out to watch for the tornado. When it comes it will chase you so just move so that it hits the boss instead. If you get low on health use a bandage while the boss is in the air or a potion if he is not. As a warrior if you are launched into the air hit charge and get back down.

Retribution Paladin

I recommend a build of 211223. Most of the talent options can be interchanged but this is my preferred method and makes good use of the burst that Rets have available. Remember that with a 2 minute enrage timer the T14 4 set bonus will not help, so if you have other pieces that are superior itemization use them instead. The 2 set bonus is still beneficial if you have it. As is the case with most fights in the brawlers guild you will be attacking the boss from the front a majority of the time which means being hit capped and expertise capped (up to the hard cap) is the best way to improve DPS. Long Arm of the Law is a really good choice for the L15 talent as it will be available every time he spawns a tornado and will allow you to adjust yourself quickly. Almost make sure to keep Rebuke handy to interrupt his Storm Cloud.

Guest squeegie

as a BM hunter use deterrence while launched into the air and you will live

Warrior method:

General tactics (All fights):

Ideally you are wanting the Second Wind talent, along with Avatar, as it has the highest overall damage boost. (There are some fights where Bloodbath is better - But it will be stated further into this post on the "Fight-Specific Tactics" part).

You should also be making sure to, of course, have Mass Spell Reflection (As the other two Tier 5 talents can't affect you), and at least two Potion of Brawler's Might per fight.

Pre-potting with Potion of Brawler's Might is the best idea (Hence owning two per fight) and then using the next one as soon as it's ready, alongside all of your DPS cooldowns.

Most other benefits are negligible until higher up fights or your gear is lower than average (I'm working with full 463 or better gear - As that's what I had until reaching Rank 7).

Fight-Specific tactics (Kirrawk):

During this fight, Kirrawk will repeatedly cast Lightning Bolt, which is of no threat whatsoever - The main threats are Storm Cloud, and the twisters he will summon.

Storm Cloud should be interrupted as a priority, to hugely reduce the incoming damage.

The bigger threat is the twisters that are summoned, as that can't be interrupted (It's instant - So stuns won't work either).

If you get hit by the twisters, you will get launched into the air and he will channel Lightning Flurry at you, which will kill you before you land. However if you can place Kirrawk between you and the twister, he will be launched instead, and won't cast Lightning Flurry.

But if, due to a mistake, lag, call it what you will, you get hit by a twister, you can use Charge to get back down quickly, and interrupt the Lightning Flurry cast, so Double Time is the best choice, so you will always have a charge available, because he doesn't summon the twister that often.

Yet another low-threat fight for our class, thanks to Charge, and so the main threat is not putting out enough damage, or failing to interrupt Storm Cloud.

- Wheelér, Saurfang EU

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

Guest Guest

Blood DK ILVL 482. Spec Build - 122111. Open with Outbreak, watch for tornado and dodge accordingly. Go to the boss and Death Strike/Rune Strike. He doesn't hit hard so lightning bolts are a non-factor with high HP and Blood Shield. My mastery is currently 136% so my average 60k-70k death strikes heal me for 25-40k and absorb over 120k of the next incoming damage. If you face the boss with your back perpindicular to the line of tornadoes (which I noticed were coming from the direction front to back of where the boss enters the arena) the tornado will hit both of you, causing minimal damage to you but keeping you in range to continue beating on the boss. Very easy fight, no cooldowns used, summoned a minion about midway through to speed up the dps and have an emergency death pact if necessary.

Ran this as a Windwalker Monk last night.

For the most part it is tank and spank if you don't interrupt the spell_nature_callstorm.jpgStorm Cloud cast you simply have to rotate the boss around to have him hit the tornado.

If you find yourself getting low on health you can pop either ability_monk_touchofkarma.jpgTouch of Karma or ability_monk_fortifyingale_new.jpgFortifying Brew then use ability_monk_expelharm.jpgExpel Harm and a Healing Talent to bring your health up.

In addition to interrupts you can also cast monk_ability_fistoffury.jpgFists of Fury and ability_monk_legsweep.jpgLeg Sweep to stun the boss which will also interrupt all of his casting.

• Like 1

Warrior method:

General tactics (All fights):

Ideally you are wanting the Second Wind talent, along with Avatar, as it has the highest overall damage boost. (There are some fights where Bloodbath is better - But it will be stated further into this post on the "Fight-Specific Tactics" part).

You should also be making sure to, of course, have Mass Spell Reflection (As the other two Tier 5 talents can't affect you), and at least two Potion of Brawler's Might per fight.

Pre-potting with Potion of Brawler's Might is the best idea (Hence owning two per fight) and then using the next one as soon as it's ready, alongside all of your DPS cooldowns.

Most other benefits are negligible until higher up fights or your gear is lower than average (I'm working with full 463 or better gear - As that's what I had until reaching Rank 7).

Fight-Specific tactics (Kirrawk):

During this fight, Kirrawk will repeatedly cast Lightning Bolt, which is of no threat whatsoever - The main threats are Storm Cloud, and the twisters he will summon.

Storm Cloud should be interrupted as a priority, to hugely reduce the incoming damage.

The bigger threat is the twisters that are summoned, as that can't be interrupted (It's instant - So stuns won't work either).

If you get hit by the twisters, you will get launched into the air and he will channel Lightning Flurry at you, which will kill you before you land. However if you can place Kirrawk between you and the twister, he will be launched instead, and won't cast Lightning Flurry.

But if, due to a mistake, lag, call it what you will, you get hit by a twister, you can use Charge to get back down quickly, and interrupt the Lightning Flurry cast, so Double Time is the best choice, so you will always have a charge available, because he doesn't summon the twister that often.

Yet another low-threat fight for our class, thanks to Charge, and so the main threat is not putting out enough damage, or failing to interrupt Storm Cloud.

- Wheelér, Saurfang EU

Blood DK ILVL 482. Spec Build - 122111. Open with Outbreak, watch for tornado and dodge accordingly. Go to the boss and Death Strike/Rune Strike. He doesn't hit hard so lightning bolts are a non-factor with high HP and Blood Shield. My mastery is currently 136% so my average 60k-70k death strikes heal me for 25-40k and absorb over 120k of the next incoming damage. If you face the boss with your back perpindicular to the line of tornadoes (which I noticed were coming from the direction front to back of where the boss enters the arena) the tornado will hit both of you, causing minimal damage to you but keeping you in range to continue beating on the boss. Very easy fight, no cooldowns used, summoned a minion about midway through to speed up the dps and have an emergency death pact if necessary.

Ran this as a Windwalker Monk last night.

For the most part it is tank and spank if you don't interrupt the spell_nature_callstorm.jpgStorm Cloud cast you simply have to rotate the boss around to have him hit the tornado.

If you find yourself getting low on health you can pop either ability_monk_touchofkarma.jpgTouch of Karma or ability_monk_fortifyingale_new.jpgFortifying Brew then use ability_monk_expelharm.jpgExpel Harm and a Healing Talent to bring your health up.

In addition to interrupts you can also cast monk_ability_fistoffury.jpgFists of Fury and ability_monk_legsweep.jpgLeg Sweep to stun the boss which will also interrupt all of his casting.

Thank you guys! I am adding your comments to the guide.

Guest michal

dont forgot if you are a deathknight to use anti magic shell and zone whenever he tries to use magic and use dark simulacrum. also as soon as you get teleported in the arena summon your pet and use army of the dead

Guest BalanceDruid

I just did this as a Balance Druid by popping Celestial Alignment and spamming moonfire - easy