FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Ixx

Is it possible to avoid the conal attack by running away from him, or is running through him the best method.

Not sure if its my latency, my FPS or the fact I suck REALLY hard on this fight, but really failing hard!

Running through him is the best method. I've done this fight on 3 characters on the PTR, and, even for casters, this is the way to go.

Remember this one, very important tip. Always position yourself right in the center of his hitbox (so right under him). This will give you enough time to move through him and avoid the ability. Once he's cast it and turns to face you again, go back to the center of his hitbox, in preparation for the next cast.

Then, it's all a matter of using the proper tools to survive.

Cheers Damien. I think I need to get under him a lot more. Always seem to get "through" every time but obviously not far enough! I'm not used to standing so close to bosses ;)

Guest Deringer

Ive tried on this guy several times as a hunter. My pet wont hold agro on him so im forced to stand there and take a beating up close in order to avoid the attacks. He usually kills me with regular attacks before his cone does. There is very little that can be done to avoid his attacks as a hunter. Its more of a melee friendly fight.

Worked a treat. I "thought" I was as close as I could be but literally standing directly under him I actually one shit it. Cheers Damien

Ive tried on this guy several times as a hunter. My pet wont hold agro on him so im forced to stand there and take a beating up close in order to avoid the attacks. He usually kills me with regular attacks before his cone does. There is very little that can be done to avoid his attacks as a hunter. Its more of a melee friendly fight.

I suppose the best way to go about it is to play Marksmanship, then, with ability_druid_demoralizingroar.jpgSpirit Bond as your T3 talent, and inv_glyph_majorhunter.jpgGlyph of Animal Bond. That, and the self-healing from ability_hunter_chimerashot2.jpgChimera Shot, is probably the most healing you can get at this point, if you're trying to weather the storm.

Guest Acid

Elemental shaman here with less than ideal lag - I just ran constantly round in a very tight clockwise circle, used astral shift and healing tide to soak up some damage and spiritwalkers grace to allow more dps + the usual fire totems

Saw a lot of people die while on this fight, trying to outrange or sidestep the cone attack. Preety much 1shotted the fight, staying right in the middle of his hitbox, and stepping in as soon as he starts the cast. Used the standard Shadow priest rotation for him, no tricks necessary.

• Like 1

Guest Tiq

As a Warrior I simply strafed around him constantly.

When he paused for his big frontal attack I would be confortably out of the way. I would stop briefly when behind him, then resume strafing when he turned to face me.

I found it much easier than trying to run through him. It required no timing or thought.

gl

Guest Massacre

I found it much easier than trying to run through him. It required no timing or thought.

Because standing still doing your rotation and reacting once in a while (and investing one second on running 1 yd and turning back) requires a lot of timing and thought.

I did this as an arms warrior and it took a couple times to get it right. The thing that gets you is the AOE he casts and I would stand literally in position right before he would turn around if I went any farther. When he casts I ran through and turned around to get a couple big hits from in behind. By being this close to the hitbox it gave the precious extra tenth of a second to get moving when he casts the AOE.

The guide has been published and I added the link in the first post. Vlad will start adding strategies specific to his classes next week ;)

Guest Guest

Main thing to add to this fight is that you actually start at 20% so sw:d is up the whole time. Also, continue running through the boss until they actually cast. So many times I stopped early and got one shot.

Retribution Paladin

I recommend a build of 213223. Most of the talent options can be interchanged but this is my preferred method and makes good use of the burst that Rets have available. Remember that with a 2 minute enrage timer the T14 4 set bonus will not help, so if you have other pieces that are superior itemization use them instead. The 2 set bonus is still beneficial if you have it. As is the case with most fights in the brawlers guild you will be attacking the boss from the front a majority of the time which means being hit capped and expertise capped (up to the hard cap) is the best way to improve DPS. Use Sacred Shield before the boss spawns to get the shield rolling and also make sure to use Hammer of the Righteous to keep up the Weakened Blows effect. I like Glyph of Divine Protection and Glyph of Templar's Verdict for the damage mitigation and Glyph of Avenging Wrath for the heal. I do not pre-pot on this fight as he should be dead before a minute anyhow and it is more efficient to pot at the same time that you use Avenging Wrath and Guardian of Ancient Kings.

Thank you guys for all your comments. I have updated the guide to include all the strategies you presented ;)

Guest Diadon

If you're playing as a monk, do NOT rely on Chi Torpedo or Roll to get you out of that nasty one hit move, as sometimes you die even if you're behind him on your own screen. Has happened to me multiple times, even though I appear to be behind him by quite a bit, i still get hit, and im playing at 60ms.

If you're playing as a monk, do NOT rely on Chi Torpedo or Roll to get you out of that nasty one hit move, as sometimes you die even if you're behind him on your own screen. Has happened to me multiple times, even though I appear to be behind him by quite a bit, i still get hit, and im playing at 60ms.

Thank you! I am adding that to the guide.

Guest Guest

The mage guide doesn't make any sense. It says to get "Invocation", in conjuction with the glyph, but invocation only heals you 10% of your HP instead of 40% like the guide says.

Guest Pobulo

As a Windwalker Monk, or as any other melee class I assume, stand close to the centre of his hit-box and be ready to run forwards when he casts his big hit. Standing practically on top of him makes running though him quicker and the fight very easy. Standing at the edge of the hit-box means you're more likely to get spatted.

Much easier to do that that straffing around him or relying on some Roll-type ability.

Guest yaksnot

This fight is cake for Wars. to stay out of the cone of attack i just ran around in circles and stopped behind him when he was going to cast. you can pop everything right off the bat. if your gears are say 510+ you will prolly end up killing him before he even gets one off.

Guest skills697

For hunters i really recommend using your ability_hunter_misdirection.jpgMisdirection on your pet. This will allow your pet to keep aggro on him while you stand behind and kill him.

As a warrior you can use Heroic Leap and Demoralizing Banner + Intervene to get away from his Shockwave. Super easy if you react quickly.

Guest Majial

For holy/disc priests, it's exactly the same.  Just stick as close to his hit box as possible.. I died probably 10 times trying to use my Body and Soul and Inner Will Movement speed buffs.