Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Monk: Wave of Light

60 posts in this topic

What would you replace gundago and molten get for if not playing in season? And would you still use exploding palm? If not, what would you use?

Why would want this with a socket before R-Gift? Just for the purpose of rolling it into any of the other stats? 

Say mine has

DMG

DMG%

DEX

VIT

Wave of Light %

Wouldn't I just roll the VIT into CDR and achieve the same thing? Then add socket with R-Gift.

Is there any reasonable end game monk build in Patch 2.2?

Why would want this with a socket before R-Gift? Just for the purpose of rolling it into any of the other stats?

Correct, the socket recommendation is only for characters without a Ramaldni's Gift! :)

Hey! Great guide and I've been following it religiously ( as with most iceyviens guides! ). Was curiously as too what changes you would make gear wise with the new patch? And if you think the new dashing strike monk is better for higher rifts?

Cheers in advance!

With the new update, the 3 set bonus was removed, so what skill should i get instead of sweeping wind?

With the new update, the 3 set bonus was removed, so what skill should i get instead of sweeping wind?

Same question, and with the new 6 piece bonus, I'd like to ask if the crudest boots should be replaced by the Inna's set boots.

This guide is sadly out of date!

Same question, and with the new 6 piece bonus, I'd like to ask if the crudest boots should be replaced by the Inna's set boots.

This guide is sadly out of date!

They should definitely not be replaced, as the allies do not take advantage of the Sunwuko set bonuses. Guide has been updated to reflect the change, but overall - a skill switch is all that's needed!

Excellent update! Can't wait to start building this setup in Season 4. Thanks a ton for your hard work, Deadset!

Great guide. I may be missing something, but if you have the Leoric bonus in Konai's Cube, does it stack with the equipped crown?

Great guide. I may be missing something, but if you have the Leoric bonus in Konai's Cube, does it stack with the equipped crown?

They don't stack, so that's definitely amiss.  There's also the section that explains the skill selection mentioning Sweeping Wind and that you should aim to keep it up, but the build listed doesn't have Sweeping Wind in any action slot.

I currently use Tzo Krin's Gaze with increased wave of light damage and allowing me to target where it is dropped. Since Leoric's Crown isn't stackable with the Kanai's Cube effect, should I keep this equipped rather than switch to the crown?

They don't stack, so that's definitely amiss.  There's also the section that explains the skill selection mentioning Sweeping Wind and that you should aim to keep it up, but the build listed doesn't have Sweeping Wind in any action slot.

Yup, sorry about that. Several recommendations look a bit weird on the old pre-Cube builds, especially the builds that aren't considered top tier anymore and there's little investigation on the BiS options. I'll get the Sweeping Wind mention fixed.

I currently use Tzo Krin's Gaze with increased wave of light damage and allowing me to target where it is dropped. Since Leoric's Crown isn't stackable with the Kanai's Cube effect, should I keep this equipped rather than switch to the crown?

Heya - something I would try instead is stick RoRG in the Cube, replacing it with Convention of Elements + Unity in the ring slots. Then try Cindercoat in the armor slot in the Cube, and deviate into the fire rune of Wave of Light for a Fire/Cold split. I hesitate to make a full revision of the build as the SWK set is bound for a rework in the upcoming 2.4 patch.

The Kanai's Cube recommendations are as follows: p4_unique_fist_102_demonhunter_male.png Kyoshiro's Blade for the weapon slot, 

LOL u doing it wrong!  Don't u realize that without  p4_fistweapon_norm_unique_02_demonhunter Vengeful Wind  the whole build is pointless cuz u trying to exchange 7*1500% extra dmg with 150+250% am i missed something?

The Kanai's Cube recommendations are as follows: p4_unique_fist_102_demonhunter_male.png Kyoshiro's Blade for the weapon slot, 

LOL u doing it wrong!  Don't u realize that without  p4_fistweapon_norm_unique_02_demonhunter Vengeful Wind  the whole build is pointless cuz u trying to exchange 7*1500% extra dmg with 150+250% am i missed something?

This is weapon damage proc that you can definitely afford to lose, compared to the damage multiplication of Kyoshiro's Blade.

This is weapon damage proc that you can definitely afford to lose, compared to the damage multiplication of Kyoshiro's Blade.

Would it be better to cube Torch and equip Kyoshiro's Blade and Vengeful Wind? Why or Why not?

The question I have is how do I keep up my stacks of sweeping wind without having Vengeful Wind in the cube?  I burn through the stacks so quickly dropping wave of lights that 3 doesn't seem like enough most times.  If I have 10 stacks I have a hard time generating enough spirit to go through the stacks fast enough.

Also if you aren't running a vengeful wind in the cube or on your person you don't get the benefit of the Inner Storm ruin if you can't keep it at 3 stacks or higher all the time.

Is there something I'm missing in this build?

The 6 set bonus does not multiply the 1500% by the number of stacks of sweeping wind you have. As long as you have 1 stack you get the 1500% damage boost. With proper management the extra 7 stacks with Vengeful Wind are unnecessary and the extra damage from Kyoshiro's Blade is more beneficial.

What would you replace Unity with when running with someone else?  I usually play with my fiance.

Thanks smile.png

Max

This build has been awesome! I too was looking for the Vengeful Wind but I noticed that only the 4 set benefits from it - not the amazing 6 set bonus. But I did not like having two air allies out. So, I decided to put my Cindercoat in the cube to reduce the cost of Wave of Light even more and put out my fire allies for 20% more damage. I also am using Blinding Flash for the 29% increased damage when it is up.

Im also trying to decide whether it would be better to cube the incense torch and dual wield the kyoshiros and vengeful. that way you would get all the bonuses, including the 10 stacks of sweeping wind.  the sheet damage would be less without the 2 hand, but i feel like the multipliers would work out better... am i missing something? pretty much my only question with this build.

Im also trying to decide whether it would be better to cube the incense torch and dual wield the kyoshiros and vengeful. that way you would get all the bonuses, including the 10 stacks of sweeping wind.  the sheet damage would be less without the 2 hand, but i feel like the multipliers would work out better... am i missing something? pretty much my only question with this build.

The 6 piece bonus of SWK to the Wave of Light damage is not influenced by the Sweeping Wind stacks, and due to how Kyoshiro's Soul belt works, you will not be trying to have Sweeping Wind in range of enemies either.

why not dual wield kyoshiros blade and vengefull wind and cube the torch ?

why not dual wield kyoshiros blade and vengefull wind and cube the torch ?

You might try reading the two posts right before yours. cool.png

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0