Odinn

hearthstone Icy Veins Hearthstone Crafting Guides Updated

4 posts in this topic

11037-icy-veins-hearthstone-crafting-gui

Over in our Hearthstone section, you will find a specific guide for each class on card crafting - which options you should prioritize as you build out your collection to ensure you can take advantage of the strongest and most versatile deck archetypes from that class. All nine have been recently updated!

The crafting guides are listed in our Hearthstone section, and available here:

Druid

Hunter

Mage

Paladin

Priest

Rogue

Shaman

Warlock

Warrior

In addition to looking at the class-specific cards (including new Goblins vs. Gnomes cards), these guides will also identify relevant neutral and Curse of Naxxramas cards that you may wish to include in your decks for those classes.

Check out the updated guides and let us know what you think!

1 person likes this

Very nice improvement to the crafting guide; it's good to see the best cards for each ranking for the classes.  On a related note, is there any chance of getting a strictly neutral ranking list?  It'd be nice to see how, say, Sylvanas and Dr. Boom compare across all the classes if I'm trying to decide where to spend my dust.

The problem with that is that it's so meta dependant, it would change on an almost daily basis. The top 1-3 would probably be fairly consistent, but the rest of the list would fluctuate so heavily based on what the strong decks are.

Just to answer your question though, I would slightly favour Dr. Boom, but not as much as many people would have you believe, especially if you're looking to play Control decks. Dr. Boom is kind of replaceable as a late-game threat in Control Decks, but Sylvanas is just such a unique and powerful effect that it's hard to replicate. As mentioned in the guide though, if you're low on card in general, spending 1600 dust on a combination of Rares and Epics will probably improve your decks more than just slamming a Legendary in them. 

1 person likes this

The problem with that is that it's so meta dependant, it would change on an almost daily basis. The top 1-3 would probably be fairly consistent, but the rest of the list would fluctuate so heavily based on what the strong decks are.

That's an understandable point; it must be hard enough figuring out the best cards for each class at any given time, let alone trying to determine which are the stand-outs in the game as a whole.  Still, even seeing a list of those solid top 1-3 cards would be kind of nice; as someone without much experience on the ladder, who hasn't really settled on a class and/or deck style, knowing what is considered a solid crafting choice for multiple classes would be nice.  (P.S. I'm not just trying to make more work for you, I promise; I'm genuinely curious.)

As for the Dr. Boom vs. Sylvanas issue, I see your points.  While Dr. Boom is a powerful play (particularly with those Boom Bots of his), Sylvanas is definitely a unique force that can change the entire way an opponent plays.  (She's certainly made me modify my plans in the past.)  All of that said, I'll probably spend my dust on Epics/Rares rather than go right for a Legendary; like you say, it'll probably do more to improve my deck(s) if I take that approach.