FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Udyret

BrM DPS: Mine is pathetic! Why?

Yes, I'm talking about DPS while tanking.

So my Monk (Kjempebrisen) has hit 100, and gotten geared enough for BRF normal/HC progression. At least after last nights raid I have properly filled out. However, I noticed that my DPS was pathetically low even for a tank while running yesterday. I can't figure out why by myself, so I'm hoping for some assistance.

Logs from last night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VJCpv69Hf1t2WYhM

My Monk: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Kjempebrisen/simple

I'm following Sunnier's rotation: Keg Smash on cooldown (without wasting Chi), Expel if not full HP and not topped on Chi, Blackout Kick to spend, Tiger Power/Palm/whatever to fill, Jab if Keg Smash on CD, Expel on CD and Energy >80.

Statwise I'm focusing Mastery=Versatility>Crit>stuff. Versatility is as far as I've understood a very strong stat for us, but it seems to give very little for the amount of stats you need, should I be working towards something else? The general idea is to focus on survivability, as we're progressing through current content on official raiddays.

What I can say myself from my own experiences: I have too much Haste, but in the process of gearing I've just taken what provides an ilvl upgrade. I might also be gemming and enchanting wrong, but Mastery should provide a smoother damageintake so I went with that until my gear is better, or until I have extras to swap out for more farmable content. I could be gemming and enchanting for crit instead, but I'm not sure if I'm sacrificing survivability for DPS.

I also know 2h returns much more DPS due to Tiger Strikes atm, I sadly haven't been able to get the staff off Tectus yet, so I'm running with the best I've got.

The Imperator tries last night are the best examples for how stuff is going. My DPS is probably taking a hit as I'm soaking all marks in P3, and there's a lot of random deaths due to me being new and still learning etc.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Use Xuen on pull with an on use trinket, i looked at your twin ogron kill. For some reason your group decided to bloodlust a minute in?

You missed about 6 keg smashes and used Serenity once 8n a 5 minute fight? Again, on Brack you used Serenity once and let shuffle drop off. Again you missed around 10 keg smashes, nor did you use Touch of Death once (could of used 3 times on adds + boss).

Tectus - again Serenity only once, missed 8+ keg smashes..

Hopefully you can see the pattern here. Start using Serenity and keeping shuffle up before you worry about dps

Yeah, this was an off-day so we were screwing around a bit much, which also explains my lack of pot usage. I'll keep that in mind.

Serenity notes taken; will keep that in mind. It also appears Monktimers isn't that great an addon as I hope it would be, as I can't remember seeing any missed Keg Smashes, or at least not that many. Shuffledrops probably happened during tankswitches where I wasn't actively tanking boss. Pure slack, will take note of it.

Curious though: All these notes taken into consideration, doesn't 10-12k DPS seem very low even still? I mean, on my DK I could get away with pretty much slack and still pull 16-18k DPS and he's not that much more geared. Do my current stats look decent? Should I gem or enchant more crit or versatility into the mix?

Multistrike and crit are our best stats to whore on dps. Your stats look fine, you just need to fixbasics. Your burst should be way higher, if you really want to push dps you could take ChiEx

Yeah, this was an off-day so we were screwing around a bit much, which also explains my lack of pot usage. I'll keep that in mind.

Serenity notes taken; will keep that in mind. It also appears Monktimers isn't that great an addon as I hope it would be, as I can't remember seeing any missed Keg Smashes, or at least not that many. Shuffledrops probably happened during tankswitches where I wasn't actively tanking boss. Pure slack, will take note of it.

Curious though: All these notes taken into consideration, doesn't 10-12k DPS seem very low even still? I mean, on my DK I could get away with pretty much slack and still pull 16-18k DPS and he's not that much more geared. Do my current stats look decent? Should I gem or enchant more crit or versatility into the mix?

Serenity is a big factor of your DPS. So is Keg Smash. Death Knight tanks are extremely easy to DPS with. Basically you can't fail as long as you don't overcap on runes or RP. Essentially I always get 100% of my max dps on single target fights by only using blood boil+death strike+death coil. You really can't do anything to mess it up. Monk tanks are more complicated with Tiger Palm, Serenity, Xuen, Touch of Death etc.

Hi Udyret,

I am a brewmaster monk with quite a lot of very high ranking dps logs for my monk. Firstly I'd like to say that your first course of action will likely be fixing your UI properly, and likely reworking your keybindings. I have written extensive guides on what it means to use effective keybindings, you can find my guide on my guild site here;

Keybinding Guide: http://failed-experiment.enjin.com/forum/m/28094947/viewthread/18646616-how-to-effectively-keybind

The second step will be to rework your UI so that you can see the important information cleanly, and remove redundant information. Pictures of my monks UI is featured on the guides in the site, and if you would like to import any of my settings, I could arrange to have them uploaded too (its very easy to import). 

Next I would suggest that you completely remove any concerns regarding "optimal enchants/gems/gearing" as they will have a largely negligible influence on your performance. The biggest mistake most people make when analyzing their performance is drastically overemphasizing the importance of the gearing optimization compared to much larger issues at hand. So what issues should you focus on working on instead? It's good that you have started to take logs using warcraftlogs.com, (as this is the next step I usually advise). I have written an extensive guide on how to properly use Warcraftlogs, and fortunate for you, It also features my monks performance/development as the centrepiece.

How to use warcraftlogs.com guide: http://failed-experiment.enjin.com/forum/m/28094947/viewthread/19688895-guide-on-warcraftlogscom

I'd suggest starting with reading through the material I've listed for now before moving towards further optimization questions.

Hi Udyret,

I am a brewmaster monk with quite a lot of very high ranking dps logs for my monk. Firstly I'd like to say that your first course of action will likely be fixing your UI properly, and likely reworking your keybindings. I have written extensive guides on what it means to use effective keybindings, you can find my guide on my guild site here;

Keybinding Guide: http://failed-experiment.enjin.com/forum/m/28094947/viewthread/18646616-how-to-effectively-keybind

The second step will be to rework your UI so that you can see the important information cleanly, and remove redundant information. Pictures of my monks UI is featured on the guides in the site, and if you would like to import any of my settings, I could arrange to have them uploaded too (its very easy to import). 

Next I would suggest that you completely remove any concerns regarding "optimal enchants/gems/gearing" as they will have a largely negligible influence on your performance. The biggest mistake most people make when analyzing their performance is drastically overemphasizing the importance of the gearing optimization compared to much larger issues at hand. So what issues should you focus on working on instead? It's good that you have started to take logs using warcraftlogs.com, (as this is the next step I usually advise). I have written an extensive guide on how to properly use Warcraftlogs, and fortunate for you, It also features my monks performance/development as the centrepiece.

How to use warcraftlogs.com guide: http://failed-experiment.enjin.com/forum/m/28094947/viewthread/19688895-guide-on-warcraftlogscom

I'd suggest starting with reading through the material I've listed for now before moving towards further optimization questions.

I'd like to start by saying that I disagree heavily with both your ideas; firstly, you don't need keybinds that follow the norm, what works for you could be the downfall of someone else, feeling comfortable with what works for you will always be king.

Secondly , a UI, just like with keybinds, is extremely personal, in the sense that player a could probably not just pick up player b's UI even though in essence they might convey the same things.

I took a quick glance at your warcraftlogs guide, which is frankly the only thing of use in your comment to the OP.

What I mean by that is, the other pieces do not in any way comment on the OP's questions/concerns.

My piece of advice to you is one I always seem to give, push more buttons, 

I'm referring to your kill of gruul for this week from here on, for the sake of convenience of me also having one from this week.

You miss one usage of Serenity, your tiger palm numbers seem to be on the lower side, you miss a couple kegsmashes during the fight, you don't potion a second time, and you forget your second xuen as well.

All in all, it looks like you need to refine your play and then plan ahead as to when you can maximise your dps.

I would also advise you to try picking up chi explosion once you're confident playing brewmaster, since most high dps parses are done with that^^.

Logs for comparison:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y7fJcZWxPgA9KHVp#fight=17&type=summary&source=19

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Pp1H6LKmxbRrw3Bz#type=summary&fight=1&source=20

Best regards, Ailuropoda

Hi again,

Thanks for more inputs. I did notice that MonkTimers was actually delayed by about 3/4 of a second, and at times would bug, so I've switched to Sunnier's weakauras (they give me better information anyways). Keybinds follow a logic that I prefer for myself so I'll keep it like it is.

This lockout I spent time with ChiEx. To be honest, with the pathetic DPS I was seeing with Serenity I just don't understand why I would ever run anything different. Static fights like Gruul with heavy numbers seem to favour Serenity due to increased amounts of purify available, but still I worry. However, I have 2 weeks of experience as a monk, as opposed to 6 years (or whatever time it's been since DKs were released) up until this recent reroll to monk with DK, so who am I to be opinionated ;)

Anyway, I've been working on the feedback I received last time around, so here are this weeks logs to check improvement:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GZHq9m1pXTJVbjFD

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y7fJcZWxPgA9KHVp

Do notice that on Flamebender I actually switched back to my DK to force the kill (my DK is Kistespiker). I was getting increasingly annoyed with my performance, and I was just plain old dying at Flamebender all the time. Turns out in hindsight that the reason for this was not my performance as monk, but rather our failure to realize the damage Charred Breath deals in Heroic as opposed to normal at the third application. I was not CDing it with the monk, instantly getting gibbed everytime. As a DK I didn't have to worry about the third application ever due to AMS, so I just couldn't understand.

Anyway, my DPS has increased with ChiEx. I still struggle with Serenity DPS. See the Gruul kill for more info. I think my shuffle uptime should be better, as I've had a bigger focus on it, but my purifies are probably the same/lower because of ChiEx.

All in all I find myself doing better this week than last week. Guard is fucking awesome.

Okay, im going to be brutally honest. Forget about doing more DPS and focus on being a good tank first.

I only looked at your hans kill but;

19/40 Keg Smashes (missed some coz ya died)

59% shuffle uptime

0 Serenity

Regarding Flamebender, you should spec Dampen Harm. It will then reduce the charred breath for the next 3 hits, combined with Guard you will not die.

But anyway, back to tanking.

Pull boss -> Tifer Palm -> Keg Smash -> Serenity -> BoK + Purify macro spam (remember purify isnt on gcd).

After this you should simply be doing the following;

- Keg Smash whenever its ready

- Purify any stagger above 20%

- Blackout Kick to dps/build shuffle

- Expel Harm/Jab to avoid capping energy

- Tiger Palm any empty global cds where you have no energy

Remember to use Guard for boss abilities such as supplex.

You managed to hit moderate stagger 29 times and heavy stagger 14 times during your Hans kill, please focus on clearing stagger or you will die.

Overall there is a tonne to improve on before you start worrying about Chi Explosion and pushing dps. Stick to Serenity and just get used to the rotations and gameplay.

Serenity offers you a huge safety net because you can get 60secs of Shuffle up on pull, then use chi for almost every hit to purify, and keep 2 chi easily for Guards.

I'd like to start by saying that I disagree heavily with both your ideas; firstly, you don't need keybinds that follow the norm, what works for you could be the downfall of someone else, feeling comfortable with what works for you will always be king.

Secondly , a UI, just like with keybinds, is extremely personal, in the sense that player a could probably not just pick up player b's UI even though in essence they might convey the same things.

I took a quick glance at your warcraftlogs guide, which is frankly the only thing of use in your comment to the OP.

What I mean by that is, the other pieces do not in any way comment on the OP's questions/concerns.

My piece of advice to you is one I always seem to give, push more buttons, 

I'm referring to your kill of gruul for this week from here on, for the sake of convenience of me also having one from this week.

You miss one usage of Serenity, your tiger palm numbers seem to be on the lower side, you miss a couple kegsmashes during the fight, you don't potion a second time, and you forget your second xuen as well.

All in all, it looks like you need to refine your play and then plan ahead as to when you can maximise your dps.

I would also advise you to try picking up chi explosion once you're confident playing brewmaster, since most high dps parses are done with that^^.

Logs for comparison:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Y7fJcZWxPgA9KHVp#fight=17&type=summary&source=19

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Pp1H6LKmxbRrw3Bz#type=summary&fight=1&source=20

Best regards, Ailuropoda

If you had bothered to read what I wrote in the keybinding guide I had linked, you would've seen that it was a guide on why it is important to make effective keybinds, with many suggestions for alternatives/optimization to what you are currently using. Having the same static bindings from when you first played the game isnt going to be optimal, and this is what my guide focuses on (trying to reevaluate bindings/introduce new ones). My own bindings are provided to give context/examples and at no point did I say that my own binding schemes were the best. 

Looking at Udyret's logs, given the poor uptime on his abilities it's obvious that he needs to work on getting better at playing the game on his monk (a lot of which is simply due to not having a great deal of time/experience yet). However the easiest way to speed up your improvements is to streamline your bindings and your UI so that they work with you and not against you. Again I have no idea why you dismissed both of these idea's as they are extremely important, and at no point did I say "copy what I do verbatim". As BrewmasterJi pointed out, his issues are bigger than simply trying to min/max between talents because his core setup doesnt seem to be working very well

The best addons I can recommend in order to improve your uptime on your abilities would be to look at TellMeWhen. I can see that you have looked into WeakAuras which is generally sufficient on its own, however TellMeWhen (in my opinion) is "easier" to set up aura's to do with spellcooldowns/buffs/debuffs and other logic conditionals.

Here are some general UI ideas you could adopt based on my set up;

*Centralize your UI - Move your Unit frames (minimize your eye movement, and keep your focus on the fight in front of you)

*Install bartender and place all your abilities without cooldowns (things like blackoutkick/tiger palm/dizzying haze etc) on a set of hidden action bars, and arrange your abilities with cooldowns into categories on a action bar at the bottom center of your screen. This will help you locate what cooldowns you have available and when.

**Specific to TellMeWhen/WeakAuras**

*Import WeakAura strings for energy bar and combo point display as the default UI is very small 

create an aura to track your;

*Create an aura to track your;

*Core rotational spells: Keg Smash (activation border conditional when off cd and in combat), Expel Harm, Tier 3 talent choice, and Tiger Power buff uptime and place this under your energy bar import (if you decide to import this)

*Defensive/buffs/trinkets: Below my 4 rotational spells I track my on use trinket cooldown/buff duration, elusive brew stacks, elusive brew active duration, and my shuffle buffs.

*Active defensive abilities: To the right of my energy bar I track the durations of my: nimble brew, fortifying brew, zen meditation, Diffuse magic, dampen harm

*Active offensive abilities: below my defensive abilities i track the cooldown/buff duration of my Invoke Xuen, and serenity

*Chi Brew/healing elixirs: to the left of my energy bar I track the cd/charges of my chi brew, and healing elixir procs (If I have chosen either talent

*Enchants/Ring/Potion/Trinket procs: these are all tracked at the bottom left side of my energy bar

There are several others I have not listed, and again if you would want any of these imports I can arrange to upload them for you.

You may also want to check out the addon "Quick Talents" if you are having issues remembering to change talents between fights. Specifically with regards to the flamebender fight you can use either dampen harm or diffuse magic to great affect against the overheated wolves. Using a guard on the second breath and diffuse magic before the third breath is what I do, and I dont really drop below 90% hp that whole phase. Again chiming in with BrewmasterJi, in regards to the monitoring of your stagger, you may want to import the weakaura from Sunnier's blog which works nicely.

Okay, im going to be brutally honest. Forget about doing more DPS and focus on being a good tank first.

I only looked at your hans kill but;

19/40 Keg Smashes (missed some coz ya died)

59% shuffle uptime

0 Serenity

Regarding Flamebender, you should spec Dampen Harm. It will then reduce the charred breath for the next 3 hits, combined with Guard you will not die.

But anyway, back to tanking.

Pull boss -> Tifer Palm -> Keg Smash -> Serenity -> BoK + Purify macro spam (remember purify isnt on gcd).

After this you should simply be doing the following;

- Keg Smash whenever its ready

- Purify any stagger above 20%

- Blackout Kick to dps/build shuffle

- Expel Harm/Jab to avoid capping energy

- Tiger Palm any empty global cds where you have no energy

Remember to use Guard for boss abilities such as supplex.

You managed to hit moderate stagger 29 times and heavy stagger 14 times during your Hans kill, please focus on clearing stagger or you will die.

Overall there is a tonne to improve on before you start worrying about Chi Explosion and pushing dps. Stick to Serenity and just get used to the rotations and gameplay.

Serenity offers you a huge safety net because you can get 60secs of Shuffle up on pull, then use chi for almost every hit to purify, and keep 2 chi easily for Guards.

Thank you again for inputs. The reason for staggers and shuffle downtime is because I was specced ChiEx, I think.

Back to the drawing board again. :) Running Serenity only in a HM HC run as we speak.

If you had bothered to read what I wrote in the keybinding guide I had linked, you would've seen that it was a guide on why it is important to make effective keybinds, with many suggestions for alternatives/optimization to what you are currently using. Having the same static bindings from when you first played the game isnt going to be optimal, and this is what my guide focuses on (trying to reevaluate bindings/introduce new ones). My own bindings are provided to give context/examples and at no point did I say that my own binding schemes were the best. 

Looking at Udyret's logs, given the poor uptime on his abilities it's obvious that he needs to work on getting better at playing the game on his monk (a lot of which is simply due to not having a great deal of time/experience yet). However the easiest way to speed up your improvements is to streamline your bindings and your UI so that they work with you and not against you. Again I have no idea why you dismissed both of these idea's as they are extremely important, and at no point did I say "copy what I do verbatim". As BrewmasterJi pointed out, his issues are bigger than simply trying to min/max between talents because his core setup doesnt seem to be working very well

The best addons I can recommend in order to improve your uptime on your abilities would be to look at TellMeWhen. I can see that you have looked into WeakAuras which is generally sufficient on its own, however TellMeWhen (in my opinion) is "easier" to set up aura's to do with spellcooldowns/buffs/debuffs and other logic conditionals.

Here are some general UI ideas you could adopt based on my set up;

*Centralize your UI - Move your Unit frames (minimize your eye movement, and keep your focus on the fight in front of you)

*Install bartender and place all your abilities without cooldowns (things like blackoutkick/tiger palm/dizzying haze etc) on a set of hidden action bars, and arrange your abilities with cooldowns into categories on a action bar at the bottom center of your screen. This will help you locate what cooldowns you have available and when.

**Specific to TellMeWhen/WeakAuras**

*Import WeakAura strings for energy bar and combo point display as the default UI is very small 

create an aura to track your;

*Create an aura to track your;

*Core rotational spells: Keg Smash (activation border conditional when off cd and in combat), Expel Harm, Tier 3 talent choice, and Tiger Power buff uptime and place this under your energy bar import (if you decide to import this)

*Defensive/buffs/trinkets: Below my 4 rotational spells I track my on use trinket cooldown/buff duration, elusive brew stacks, elusive brew active duration, and my shuffle buffs.

*Active defensive abilities: To the right of my energy bar I track the durations of my: nimble brew, fortifying brew, zen meditation, Diffuse magic, dampen harm

*Active offensive abilities: below my defensive abilities i track the cooldown/buff duration of my Invoke Xuen, and serenity

*Chi Brew/healing elixirs: to the left of my energy bar I track the cd/charges of my chi brew, and healing elixir procs (If I have chosen either talent

*Enchants/Ring/Potion/Trinket procs: these are all tracked at the bottom left side of my energy bar

There are several others I have not listed, and again if you would want any of these imports I can arrange to upload them for you.

You may also want to check out the addon "Quick Talents" if you are having issues remembering to change talents between fights. Specifically with regards to the flamebender fight you can use either dampen harm or diffuse magic to great affect against the overheated wolves. Using a guard on the second breath and diffuse magic before the third breath is what I do, and I dont really drop below 90% hp that whole phase. Again chiming in with BrewmasterJi, in regards to the monitoring of your stagger, you may want to import the weakaura from Sunnier's blog which works nicely.

I've tanked for 7 years, my UI is fine. Thank you for your inputs though :)

You can't really blame him for not reading the guide, I too opened the link, laughed, and closed it. An idea can be rejected based on the theory of it without having to read every line.

Focusing on a UI is roughly on par with focusing on gems, enchants, and other superficial issues. Even with it all being perfect you're still only talking about at most 10-15% of the overall. Sadly this is a trap that a lot of players fall in to - they obsess over the little things and miss the big things.

Focusing on optimal keybinds before addressing up times, spell priority, talents, and other basic gameplay is like trying to make a fighter plane fly faster by making it more aerodynamic when it is still running a engine built for a Cessna. You can do it, but 

Thank you again for inputs. The reason for staggers and shuffle downtime is because I was specced ChiEx, I think.

ChEx is a little goofy to run with, especially on single target/low cleave fights. On a cleave fight where you're only using ChEx at 4 chi then your Stagger is going to be unforgiving, you'll need to be really on point about your chi generation/spending or else you'll fall behind and end up with lost Stagger uptime. I end Beastlord with 5-15seconds of Stagger left over.

Single target/low cleave where you're mostly using ChEx at 2 chi is when things get a bit easier. You still should be careful with your generation but it is a bit more forgiving using your chi for other things/not having perfect generation. I end Kromog or Flamebender with 25-35 seconds of Stagger left over.

Like others have said though, give yourself a bit more time to get the game play down before you start worrying about DPS. DPS will come later once you're settled in. Muscle memory will take you far.

• Like 2

You can't really blame him for not reading the guide, I too opened the link, laughed, and closed it. An idea can be rejected based on the theory of it without having to read every line.

Focusing on a UI is roughly on par with focusing on gems, enchants, and other superficial issues. Even with it all being perfect you're still only talking about at most 10-15% of the overall. Sadly this is a trap that a lot of players fall in to - they obsess over the little things and miss the big things.

Focusing on optimal keybinds before addressing up times, spell priority, talents, and other basic gameplay is like trying to make a fighter plane fly faster by making it more aerodynamic when it is still running a engine built for a Cessna. You can do it, but 

ChEx is a little goofy to run with, especially on single target/low cleave fights. On a cleave fight where you're only using ChEx at 4 chi then your Stagger is going to be unforgiving, you'll need to be really on point about your chi generation/spending or else you'll fall behind and end up with lost Stagger uptime. I end Beastlord with 5-15seconds of Stagger left over.

Single target/low cleave where you're mostly using ChEx at 2 chi is when things get a bit easier. You still should be careful with your generation but it is a bit more forgiving using your chi for other things/not having perfect generation. I end Kromog or Flamebender with 25-35 seconds of Stagger left over.

Like others have said though, give yourself a bit more time to get the game play down before you start worrying about DPS. DPS will come later once you're settled in. Muscle memory will take you far.

Thank you for your inputs.

So I ran with Serenity only this entire raid tonight to really practice basic BrM-stuff (man it's hard relearning to much after god-knows how many years of DK tanking), and I must say I'm extremely pleased.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hAVv6Na2jXwJcCxy

Most fights with Shuffle-uptime of 90-95%+, same with Tiger Power and seriously reduced heavy staggers, and on top of that I reached new heights of DPS while running it as well.

I still have some work to do on Shuffle-uptimes, but raidleading while tanking a new class is a lot to handle, and purifying needs work too.

All in all, very pleased with progress. At least I'm doing something right. Takes more work I guess.

I'd like to thank everyone for your inputs, both brutal and kind. It's been an immense help in locating problem-areas. Logs are a new thing to me, so I'm happy some of you are able and willing to help me scour these. I have now learned to scour them myself as well, so I can probably analyze my own play better in the future too, since my GM does logs of every raid.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

• Like 1

Good work! Much better, only looked at Gruul HC but already looks better. Serenity actually used 3 times gg! Still missing a few Keg Smashes, remember its your main damage dealer and chi generator, you even use it during serenity as a dps gain (will assume 3 missed ones are due to BoK spamming)

Expel Harm usage looked good, not too many jabs so gg there. You seem to stillbe forgetting to pot as well.

Remember when Keg Smash is on cd and you are below 70 energy to fill time spamming tiger palm :) Purify is off gcd so you should be able to manage both.

Ailuropoda and I ran a half assed HC last night so feel free to scour our logs if it helps https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tyx7bkFLWXNdG8vh#fight=11

Hello, I'm kind of hoping to hijak this thread... our kill on hanz and Franz last night (normal) as a BrM tank I feel my dps is somewhat lower then it should be.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/

http://eu.battle.net/

Does anyone have any tips for increasing dmg as I feel I was tanky enough during the fight? - Unfortunately i was only on for the one boss... 
any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Luz

*Fixed broken Askmrrobot link*

Edited by Entenei

Does anyone have any tips for increasing dmg as I feel I was tanky enough during the fight? - Unfortunately i was only on for the one boss... 

any advice would be appreciated.

Dont use chi-wave, breath of fire or rushing jade wind, use more tiger palm, more keg smash and less jab.. Also looks like you didnt use pols trinket at all

Could also use Chi-Explosion & the crit enchant instead of bonus armor

Also no offense to AMR, but upload to WCL as well, it goes into so much more detail regarding usage so you can see if guard/trinkets etc were used at correct times [unless I simply cant work AMR]

EDIT: For your actual ilvl your dps is quite high though ~top 75% or so.. But:

Your missing bonus armor on back/ring & have 0 mastery on weapon, shoulder, chest, hands and legs & gemming ms so your in 90% dps gear [buffed 12.88% mastery / 11.56% ms / 11.14% haste]

Edited by Brady84

Dont use chi-wave, breath of fire or rushing jade wind, use more tiger palm, more keg smash and less jab.. Also looks like you didnt use pols trinket at all

Could also use Chi-Explosion & the crit enchant instead of bonus armor

Also no offense to AMR, but upload to WCL as well, it goes into so much more detail regarding usage so you can see if guard/trinkets etc were used at correct times [unless I simply cant work AMR]

EDIT: For your actual ilvl your dps is quite high though ~top 75% or so.. But:

Your missing bonus armor on back/ring & have 0 mastery on weapon, shoulder, chest, hands and legs & gemming ms so your in 90% dps gear [buffed 12.88% mastery / 11.56% ms / 11.14% haste]

Damn - I didn't realise pols was a use trinket :| /sob. 

I don't have control over where the guild post their logs, they like AMR so its what i use. :) 

regarding my gear, unfortunately I've just taken the best i can find. I think  my ms gem is shoulders can be replaced though.. I'm not even sure why thats there as I've never been dps ^_^

Is rushing Jade never worth it even on 2 targets? should i take that out and put in Xuen? also same with fire breath?

I'll have a play with chi ex for extra damage when we need it. Ive only really used Scen., should really try other talents.

Thank you very much for your response. :)

RJW only on 3+ targets where it actually generates chi. Xuen is OP for this fightbecause with bloodlust on pull you can get some sweet burst on them (prepot + pols). Breathe of fire is only really useful on like 6+ targets, and if you're running ChiEx for dps most ppl prefer to just use that so shuffle doesnt drop and you can carry on purifying

Is rushing Jade never worth it even on 2 targets? should i take that out and put in Xuen? also same with fire breath?

I'll have a play with chi ex for extra damage when we need it. Ive only really used Scen., should really try other talents.

Thank you very much for your response. smile.png

Had to log into the game to get actual numbers from tooltip [% ap etc is far too confusing] In my crap gear ~658

RJW costs 40 energy but generates 0 chi, compare it to keg smash

RJW - 12306 damage to all enemies [x2] = 24612 damage, costs 40 energy generates 0 chi

Keg smash - 28712 to all [x2] = 57424 damage, same 40 energy generates 2 chi 

its "technically" a dps gain over using jab/expel harm, but still generates no chi towards shuffle/guard/purifying brew etc and overall is not more dps than xuen would do

Breath of fire "assuming it hits both targets and you dont overwrite the dot" actually does the same damage as a single target blackout kick huh.png [which gives you 6s of shuffle as well] ~12500

by comparison 2x BOK [4 chi] does ~25000 damage & gives 12s of stagger , compared to a 4 chi "chi explosion" which will do ~20000 damage [x every target], give 10s of stagger and purify all current stagger

Chi-Wave is a similar thing, every 15s it will do 10496 while chi burst will do 14435 [x every target] every 30s & zen sphere is on a 10s cd and does 6562 [x every target] + a single target 4000 dot

I've never used Serenity in my life though, so if thats what your used to the switch to chi-explosion isnt quite as simple as "just change talents" as its a completely different playstyle 

EDIT:

While BrewmasterJi is on biggrin.png Or anyone else 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4TZbJNjGnCgW3tm8#fight=14

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Bradymonk/advanced

Be gentle [+ I gained about 5 ilvl or so from gear during that run so armory was worse & doesnt seem to have updated back/ring enchants]

Edited by Brady84

Had to log into the game to get actual numbers from tooltip [% ap etc is far too confusing] In my crap gear ~658

RJW costs 40 energy but generates 0 chi, compare it to keg smash

RJW - 12306 damage to all enemies [x2] = 24612 damage, costs 40 energy generates 0 chi

Keg smash - 28712 to all [x2] = 57424 damage, same 40 energy generates 2 chi 

its "technically" a dps gain over using jab/expel harm, but still generates no chi towards shuffle/guard/purifying brew etc and overall is not more dps than xuen would do

Breath of fire "assuming it hits both targets and you dont overwrite the dot" actually does the same damage as a single target blackout kick huh.png [which gives you 6s of shuffle as well] ~12500

by comparison 2x BOK [4 chi] does ~25000 damage & gives 12s of stagger , compared to a 4 chi "chi explosion" which will do ~20000 damage [x every target], give 10s of stagger and purify all current stagger

Chi-Wave is a similar thing, every 15s it will do 10496 while chi burst will do 14435 [x every target] every 30s & zen sphere is on a 10s cd and does 6562 [x every target] + a single target 4000 dot

I've never used Serenity in my life though, so if thats what your used to the switch to chi-explosion isnt quite as simple as "just change talents" as its a completely different playstyle 

EDIT:

While BrewmasterJi is on biggrin.png Or anyone else 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4TZbJNjGnCgW3tm8#fight=14

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Bradymonk/advanced

Be gentle [+ I gained about 5 ilvl or so from gear during that run so armory was worse & doesnt seem to have updated back/ring enchants]

No prepot, missed 6-7 keg smashes, dropped shuffle a couple times(alarming), too much jabbing, which probably explains the missed keg smashes and goes hand in hand with potential drop in shuffle as well.

I prefer Xuen even on tectus, due to the fact that there's not even that much time with adds.

Not enough Tiger Palming.

When you're bored but Expel harm and keg smash are on cd, just Tiger palm.

Gearing wise, there's not a lot to do, considering the "random nature" and no reforging of WoD, but try and drop haste as much as possible and go for mastery/crit or mastery/multistrike whenever possible.

Edited by Ailuropoda

No prepot, missed 6-7 keg smashes, dropped shuffle a couple times(alarming), too much jabbing, which probably explains the missed keg smashes and goes hand in hand with potential drop in shuffle as well.

I prefer Xuen even on tectus, due to the fact that there's not even that much time with adds.

Not enough Tiger Palming.

When you're bored but Expel harm and keg smash are on cd, just Tiger palm.

Gearing wise, there's not a lot to do, considering the "random nature" and no reforging of WoD, but try and drop haste as much as possible and go for mastery/crit or mastery/multistrike whenever possible.

Cool cheers, yeah wasnt sure what fight i linked as the whole run was there, seems like i'm just not "banking" enough shuffle, as the big gaps are 1/ when i'm waiting on the 2x to spawn, 2/ after killing the 4 little and 1 big waiting on the next 4 to spawn, wasnt sure between rjw and xuen will deffo swap and try it out, I think playing around trying to cast zen sphere every 10s is taking away a lot of tiger palms [but figured the dps would be similar regardless] but i'll look into it [only 2nd run or something outside lfr]

Will work on the missed Keg smash, what kind of time "should" I be having on shuffle? obvs 100% uptime but how many seconds should I be sitting on? before I prioritise 2chi over 4chi explosion e.g. or do i just try to gradually increase it throughout the fight

Generally on Tectus you want to be using phase 1 to bank shuffle. Generally there is no damage and you can stun adds to reduce dmg from them, which means you can go ham on pull with xuen and use only 2x Chi ChiEx to build shuffle up, by the time you enter P3 you should have enough shuffle to allow you to actually use Guards without worrying about shuffle dropping.

In P2/P3 i tend to use 4x ChiExs to cleave a bit, but depends if your group is killing both at the same time, if they arent stick to 2ChiEx unless stagger is high and needs clearing (it shouldnt).

P3 is just a clusterfuck, only advice is to backpeddle and dont panic :p chain fort brew + on use trinket + xuen and wreck em