Topic Details

Brawler's Guild - Proboskus

21 replies to this topic Started by Damien, Nov 30 2012 05:57 PM comments brawlers guild

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
This thread is for comments about our Brawler's Guild - Proboskus guide. Make sure to post if you have some class advice to share!

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Starting to struggle on my priest a little. Trying to silence the first torrent and sacrifice my mindbender for the second. My dps is starting to show though as I think I've hit the enrage a few times (blame it on the holy gear :P). Any priests got any tips at all?

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Guest_Zulnishi_*
  • Guest_Zulnishi_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Having trouble at the end of the fight as a rogue. I kick each torrent, avoid rain dance, but by the end of the fight he is hitting me for around 270k melee hits. Trying to use shuriken toss at the end, but still haven't gotten him down. Closest has been about 300k health left on him. I'm going to try saving my cd's for the end and see what happens. If anyone has tips they'd be appreciated!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Just to say a few upgrades this week I managed to pull enough dps to get him down. Possibly not the best strategy but as a shadow priest I silenced the first Torrent and either Fade+Mindbender and sacrificed him for the second Torrent, or dispersed through it (but found that lost me a lot of dps time).

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

AmberTownsend
  • AmberTownsend
  • Vagrant
I do about 40-50k dps and struggled with it. Finally got food and flask buffs and muscled through it as cat.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
I don't understand what causes some of the melee attacks to hit for more than 200k, while some others only deal 50k damage.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Krazyito
  • Krazyito
  • The Kraziest of Itos
  • LocationBroward, Florida

I don't understand what causes some of the melee attacks to hit for more than 200k, while some others only deal 50k damage.

Do those 200k attacks happen before the 2nd rain dance? Because after that rain dance he enrages.

5FSQGEH.png

I sometimes stream and sometimes tweet.

All the healing alts!

Main: Krazyito

KrazymonkKrazyítoKrãzyito • Krazýito

The effect spirit has on a traditional Mistweaver build is probably in the region of how far my fart moves a windmill.- Reglitch

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

Do those 200k attacks happen before the 2nd rain dance? Because after that rain dance he enrages.

I eventually figured it out. He enrages when he reaches below 20%. That said, if he's casting rain dance at 20.01%, then he will only enrage when he finishes the dance :P

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Krazyito
  • Krazyito
  • The Kraziest of Itos

I eventually figured it out. He enrages when he reaches below 20%. That said, if he's casting rain dance at 20.01%, then he will only enrage when he finishes the dance Posted Image

Oh ok.. I thought it was timed.

5FSQGEH.png

All the healing alts!

The effect spirit has on a traditional Mistweaver build is probably in the region of how far my fart moves a windmill.- Reglitch

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

Oh ok.. I thought it was timed.

I managed to easily survive until the 2-minute enrage timer by not attacking him. That's when I figured it had something to do with his health ;)

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

Guest_Shadowhelp_*
  • Guest_Shadowhelp_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
he enrages after the second rain dance... first time i went against him he had slighty over 30% and enraged after the dance. after a few more looks at it he always enrages after the second dance.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Krazyito
  • Krazyito
  • The Kraziest of Itos
Your video says to stun him, but from what I remember, you can't stun him. I tired to use a stun as a boomkin because I only have one interrupt, but i clearly remembering not being able to stun him since I had to defensively survive torrent.

5FSQGEH.png

All the healing alts!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guest_Guest_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
You have one minute and need to do 50k+ dps, he doesnt enrage at 20%.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Guest_lazic_*
  • Guest_lazic_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Boomkin Strat - must re - Glyph into Fae Silence. Start of the fight use all your CD's plus a pot (i suggest using a flask). As soon as he starts to cast Torrent you should cast Solar Beam. Once solar beam comes down he should (not always) cast Rain dance. During rain dance move around him casting Sunfire and Moonfire. Use Starsurge as much as possible during this phase. His next spell should be Torrent at this point your Solar Beam will not be up. You will need to swap to Bear form and cast Faerie Fire to silence him. after that torrent he should rain dance. he should be dead in the 2nd rain dance. if he goes on much longer i think he will hit the enrage timer. i suggest as a boomkin get as many buffs as you can and possibly get a warlock to symbiosis so you can have another dmg reduction. i also hear that you can use rogues and get cloak and be immune (or maybe miss) to torrent i have never tried this. Spells that helped me through this fight, Barkskin, NatureSwiftness + healing Touch. Spells that do not work. Typhoon

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

Bluesamurai
  • Bluesamurai
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Easy fight for arms warrior if you're decent geared. Pre-pot, pop reck/banner/avatar/trink/deadly calm and go all out. Make sure to interupt 1st torrent, and just keep nuking. As soon as execute lights up, go crazy ;) I managed to kill him during his 1st rain dance, pulled around 110k dps.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guest_Guest_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Just a note for rogues, Torrent is not stunnable with KS

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

Guest_Rexxar Vinjin_*
  • Guest_Rexxar Vinjin_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

As a Beast Master hunter, I just ran in circles around this guy. Pet was Gondria the spirit tiger, on ferocity.  I didn't even stampede him.  Pet did die but I used heart of the phoenix for insta-rez.  I just kept pounding him. I used agility flask as well as prepotted deftness pot from the arena. Silencing shot worked fine to stop torrent.  I didn't get hit by one rain drop, he only smacked me for about 41K once.  Pretty easy fight IMO. 

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Guest_Dinthoqaf_*
  • Guest_Dinthoqaf_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

So i've ran into an issue with Warlocks. The Fears don't work for Probuskus. Sure, if you use Mortal Coil you can get your health back. But he actually immune to the fear effect itself. So, don't waste your time doing hardcasting any type of actual fear.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

Guest_avrahmi_*
  • Guest_avrahmi_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

im having trouble as a WW monk. i get him down to 20% but then he enrages and beats me up. any suggestions?

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Guest_fil_*
  • Guest_fil_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

as a priest the cooldown on silence isn't short enough to stop subsequent torrents so you can alternate silence, dispersion, silence.

Reply to this topic

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users