Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jackked

T17 Hunter Set Bonus's - How do they stack against other classes?

2 posts in this topic

I have seen information, primarily old data pre-6.1, stating that Hunter T17 is one of the worst set bonus's.

Looking at the new Simcraft it seems that Hunters T17 is actually better than most in Raw DPS output.

Why I am asking? The RL is loot counseling Tier Pieces to classes that get the most benefit. Shouldn't Simcraft 6.1 T17 logs be enough data to go off of?

I have seen information, primarily old data pre-6.1, stating that Hunter T17 is one of the worst set bonus's.

Looking at the new Simcraft it seems that Hunters T17 is actually better than most in Raw DPS output.

Why I am asking? The RL is loot counseling Tier Pieces to classes that get the most benefit. Shouldn't Simcraft 6.1 T17 logs be enough data to go off of?

Makes no sense to distribute loot based on single target dps simulations from for example simcraft when BRF is mainly AOE fights. In my guild we distribute loot after which class get the highest relative dps improvement so for protector pieces we do warriors 4 pieces -> Shamans 2 pieces -> hunters/monk 2x pieces. 

EDIT: Not sure how well updated this spreadsheet is, but it shows the relative DPS improvements based on set bonuses. Looks something like what we are using. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1abTQSCyw7_psGtUruGwbjnKbt_wXmdDx627SdXebru4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Edited by Msa