FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
butzen

Charred Remains and GoSac

Hello, i am confused over the fact that CR & GoSac should be the new single target talents of choice if not heavy movement.  When i compare this to the Demonic Servitude + Gosup, i am around 21K on a test dummy, but with CR and GoSac i am around 17K.  I am following the suggested rotations stated on Icy Veins, so i have no idea how CR and GoSac can beat the other on a single target?    

My character have around 47% mastery, 15% crit, 12% multi and 8% haste, and 2 set bonus.

Anyone else also struggeling with this?

(yes i rather use Gosup intsted of service, because the summoned demon did not dish out as much dmg as i gain from the 20% extra on Gosup when i tested on sustained fights)

I tested it in raid environment as 670 destro with ~25% crit chance after all buffs. The damage was roughly the same with Gosac/Charred and Gosup/Servitude. Haven't tried with service. However, what should be noted:

1) On heavy movement encounters servitude is superior since you don't have too much time casting chaos bolt.

2) Pretty sure the damage with Gosac/Charred was equal because I was using it inefficiently. Gosac/charred offers you A LOT of burning ember generation, and most of your damages goes onto Chaos Bolt with Havoc or Fire and Brimstone for cleave. That said, if you have t17 2pc, you can easily miss extra burning embers generation, on just misuse your time, which needs to be spent as efficiently as possible.

Target dummies suck.

Well i think it still give you a pointer if you are like 3K dps behind all the time with one build compared to the other. And i was hoping for some pointers aroind CR and GoSac, maybe it gets better on higher ilvls and with 4 set bonus and so on??

Im pretty sure CR/GoSac comes out significantly ahead only with set bonuses

That makes no sense. The set bonuses don't even interact with charred remains in any way. 2pc generates the same number of embers regardless of talents, and those embers always translate into the same amount of damage. 4pc will always generate the same number of procs, resulting in the same amount of damage.

It's good now because they buffed both it and grimoire of sacrifice.

Edited by gahhda