FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mephisto

Destro at lvl 100

I just hit 100 with my Destruction lock after having not played him for awhile and have a few nagging questions.

I read the guide from here and theres a few things as well I didnt quite get.

Firstly I bought the Sandmans Pouch and was going to macro it to Immolate thinking the ticks with the crit would generate embers but after reading a bit more about it on here no that wont work.

Dark Soul Instability was plan B but thats just not going to work either, what can I macro it to that will actually be beneficial from a dps point of view?

Chaos Bolt would be nice if you had several embers up in that 20 sec. window.

Next is stats, I've seen crit/mastery/haste and multistrike in different orders on different sites, no one seems to agree on what the priority is after intellect. Is the stat order in the guide here accurate?

Next up is I choose Charred Remains/Grimoire of Sacrifice for talents after reading here it has the best single target dps.

I also read here that when the demon is sacrificed it isnt a dps loss and my Incinerate will overall be 25% less, thats an overall loss, I'm guessing whats left of the combined talents makes up for that?

It is that significant?

Having used Grimoire of Supremacy for 100 levels I'm just not to sure how to successfully use the new combination.

Would I use it at the start of the raid or only on a boss fight?

I always assumed the Felhunter/Observer was the demon of choice then I read all demons are now dps similar and it just comes down to the single attribute GoS gives you.

I guess its the tier 5 and 7 talents I'm just not sure about.

I just never seem to ever have more than a couple of embers ready, certainly never 4.

I played Demonology for 90 lvls but when the dps went down I changed to Destro.

I've just never felt comfortable with it, I dont want to be a bad player or the leech at the back of the raid.

I want to get this thing worked out.

Thanks.

Edited by Mephisto

Firstly I bought the Sandmans Pouch and was going to macro it to Immolate thinking the ticks with the crit would generate embers but after reading a bit more about it on here no that wont work.

Sandman's Pouch

Why are you trying to macro an ICD proc trinket?

Next is stats, I've seen crit/mastery/haste and multistrike in different orders on different sites, no one seems to agree on what the priority is after intellect. Is the stat order in the guide here accurate?

The guide is updated. 

1)There is no way you can macro a proc trinket, as Locky have stated.
Your only choice is that how you react to proc. Sandman's is decent in that case, because there is ICD which is easy to track.
Check our WeakAuras thread, it's explained there how to make it trackable.

Absolutely perfect usage of this proc would be activating Dark Soul+your on-use trinkets and spending embers right off the bat. They have same duration and pretty much the same cooldown.

2)Stat priority have changed a bit for Charred Remains build. Mastery slightly pulls ahead. Crit is still important.
Other stats are really close aswell, so don't really bother with it and acquire the best gear you can.

3)CR+GoSac is a very tricky, especially for me in person.
Loss of Incinerate damage and pet is covered by increased count of Chaos Bolts, and by wide margin.
However, maximizing your CR gameplay isn't easy.
I assume that you have little of Destro experience, so I'd recommend you to use Demonic Servitude instead.
It's easier, controlable and more forgiving to movement.
That's my personal PoV.

4)GoSac is 1 hour buff. Use it and forget.
Your Demonic Servitude pet choice should be Terrorguard/Doomguard. Infernal has a little usage.
If you don't choose neither of those talents, use what's best suited for fights. Personally I'm using Observer when I need interrupt and Imp for the rest cases, as he provides heal and loses no DPS from switching targets.

5)You were not in raid environment, first of all.
Usage of CB for farming and for raiding is completely different. Don't really pay attention to leveling experience and practice raiding.

Read over, understand guide, and practice a lot. That's how you'll get good.
Good luck!

Thanks guys, firstly I put the wrong trinket down I meant to say Tormented Emblem of Flame which is a on use trinket, Sandmans Pouch will look after itself naturally.

I think I've misread/misunderstood how to use GoSac and Demonic Servitude.

I assumed it meant have a normal demon out, use GoSac to get the special ability spell then summon your Doomguard out while your demon is sacrificed BUT you got to keep the demons special ability.

Now I see you cant have GoSac up with Demonic Servitude, it has to be one or the other.

I also assumed once I had GoSac up I could summon my Doomguard and GoSac would stay up.

So I'm not sure why I would ever summon my Doomguard now using Demonic Servitude when it cancels out GoSac and the extra dps from it.

Wouldnt I just choose Cataclysm instead???

Charred Remains and GoSac doesnt seem that hard compared to all this, its pretty much set and forget.

Very confused.

I was hoping to have my cake and eat it too smile.png

Edited by Mephisto