FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Dark Summoner

Guest Nanicoman

I'm a warlock destro ilvl 520, It was the easiest way i find, and it's so easy that I killed him twice with no problems

- Fist: use spell_shadow_summonvoidwalker.jpgSummon Voidwalker, tanker pet, it must hold Dark summoner aggro (don't use it to kill adds, just boss).

-Seccond: If pet die, use ability_mount_fireravengodmount.jpgFlames of Xoroth

-Third: Kill ghosts: high priority, then dps the boss

-Fourth: after killing the first ghost, use ability_warlock_baneofhavoc.jpgHavoc on the boss whenever it's available

-obs: if pet aggro the ghosts he die.

Guest Essef

Did him as a rogue.  Took a while to figure it out.  Here's my strategy.  I went combat for this one for the 

1) Prepot AGI, 

2) Attack the boss w/ Revealing Strike to get the debuff on him, and to build a couple of CPs before the first ghost comes.

3) First ghost - freeze it with the flashlight.  I found it best to watch for the animation on the ghost (rather than the debuff or similar) and then shadowstep in and rush him down.  I found i only had about 3 seconds or so before he'd un-freeze, so step away and freeze him again if necessary.  Don't stay in and get 1-shot.

4) when the ghost goes down, turn on the boss and blow A-rush and shadow blades.  As you DPS, keep the boss between you and the second ghost (so you'll freeze the ghost automatically) and don't let the ghost get close while you dps the boss until the boss re-shields.  Kite yourself toward a corner.  You should get the boss below 1/2 health before he re-shields. 

5) When the shield goes back on the boss, you will have 2-3 ghosts, and they should be close together because you've kited back into a corner.  Trigger blade flurry, POP EVASION (to avoid the melee), and Killing Spree them.  You should be able to nearly down ALL the ghosts that are up, with this and a few SStrikes before evasion drops.  Evasion keeps their melee from hitting you.

6) Turn off Blade Flurry, Pot AGI again and hit the boss until dead.  

7) If you don't have the DPS to down him in two "ghosts", hit Prep to get evasion off CD, Evasion-dps another ghost, and back on the boss.  Only trick here is that the ghosts are starting to get thick, and you don't have killing spree.  So, keep the boss between you and the ghosts.  As you back away from the boss, dpsing, direct the flashlight onto and off of the ghosts to keep them a little ways back.

Once i came up with the strategy, it only took me about 3 times.  Risks were 1) ghost spawns close and behind you, 2) you had a bad evasion/blade fury and didn't downn the ghosts, or 3) you let them get to close.

Can someone give me hints for Ret Paladin? i Mean, all of it?

If you haven't done it by now: Retri Paladin with 515 itemlevel.

Take the talents Selfless healer, Holy avenger, Execution sentence.

wait for him to spawn a ghost,  really aim it it with the beam to stun it.

Kill it with Crusader strike, Judgement and excorsicm (I don't have the mass excorsicm glyph). don't use any holy stacks, you need it for Inquisition.

Now run to The dark summoner and pop all your cd's (Guardian of Ancient Kings, avenging wrath, Inquisition, Holy Avenger, Potion of Brawler might and any trinket you have) Nuke him as hard as you can.  When he spawns another ghost,stun it and nuke that one.

With every cd popped the ghost should go down easy. Then nuke the Dark summoner again. When he spawns another one either nuke it down after stunning it, or position the dark summoner between you and the ghost so you stun the ghost while facing the dark summoner. 

I don't remember if i killed 2 or 3 ghosts.

But you'll figure that one out along the way.

Guest Andrahill

I cannot do this fight as a Feral or Guardian Druid. 510 ilvl and there's just too much fucking RNG.

I just finished this fight as a guardian druid in one go, yes it is anoying, however not impossible.

What you want to have are a glyph of maul, and maybe ilvl 513 (its what i had and i came scary close to the enrage timer)

The trick is to nuke the first ghost, and rush back to the summonner (if its far away skulbash to the ghost and the summonner will go towards you. 

then, as next ghosts spawn, align yourself so that once they get close you can stun them near the summonner (i tried to have them behind the summonner at all times.)  this way maul, when glyphed, will also hit the second ghost, and if the shield is you can just swap targets and mangle it. 

When more ghosts come into play just do the same thing, however instead of relying on maul go berserk (litterally). 

When his shield is down and he has around 20% left go into son of ursoc and spam mangle. 

Also bearhug him when the first shield is down since its your biggest dmg for a gbc. 

And dont forget barkskin doesnt cost you GBC so just pop it when you reach 50% or so.

Guest Cogtop

I was having real trouble with this fight, as a low geared Windwalker, until I thought of using Storm, Earth, and Fire. Just kill the first ghost, and then use this on subsequent ghosts. You're basically free to nuke the boss for the rest of the fight.

As Shadow Priest - Crazy Simple Cheese Strat

Macro one -

/tar Dark Summoner

/cast Shadow Word: Pain

Macro two

/tar Tormented Ghost

/cast Shadow Word: Pain

Other than that just keep bubble up and mind flay after the SW:P goes on.

Guest Lokividar

Rogue advice - 

I was having a heck of time on this guy until I figured out a beam strat - this may seem obvious to everyone but it didn't dawn on me till i had been killed - like killed a bunch of times. 

Kill first ghost to drop his shield, then jump on him like stink on poop, when the next ghost pops up, turn him and put his back to the incoming ghost - in effect lining up the beam to slow/stun the ghost's approach for maximum up time on burning while shield is down. Two things can happen - his shield will pop back up, in that case - kill the closest ghost and turn to beam the other ghost's approach - back to boss and burn, turning back to next incoming ghost. The second thing is him dying.  

I was able to burn him by only killing two ghosts in this manner. 

Hope it helps fellow rogues. 

Guest gio

For frost mages, ring of frost most definitely does NOT work. In fact, ring of frost doesn't seem to work on ANY of the bosses or adds in the brawlers guild. Don't even bother.

As to how to kill the Dark Summoner, I dunno, I can't get him below 80%. He might be impossible as a mage, but I haven't given up yet.

Guest Akron

Im stuck at this fight from 2 days as Shamn enha 676... i do not have time to hit the boss enough. Whenever i kill a ghost i can barely hit the boss 3 sec before i have to switch target. And even focusing on ghosts i cant keep the arena clear.
My best percentage is around 49-56% but i got oneshooted from a ghost cause i had stopped killing them and i got surrounded.
Sometimes i enraged the boss cause i spent my time killing adds and boss was still like 70%-.-

Any suggestion?

Guest SilverIntent

Any destro / demo warlocks complete this, lately? The last warlock comment was back in 2013.

Guest Guest

I'm a warlock destro ilvl 520, It was the easiest way i find, and it's so easy that I killed him twice with no problems - Fist: use spell_shadow_summonvoidwalker.jpgSummon Voidwalker, tanker pet, it must hold Dark summoner aggro (don't use it to kill adds, just boss). -Seccond: If pet die, use ability_mount_fireravengodmount.jpgFlames of Xoroth -Third: Kill ghosts: high priority, then dps the boss -Fourth: after killing the first ghost, use ability_warlock_baneofhavoc.jpgHavoc on the boss whenever it's available -obs: if pet aggro the ghosts he die.

Can't seem to have my VW  last very long against the summoner, as I attempt to kill the ghosts. Any recent warlocks mind giving some thoughts on this fight?

Guest katar
For Rogue:

I FINALLY beat this after endless tries.  Here's what worked for me:  Cheat Death talent!  I know what you're thinking, how can I possibly win this fight without leeching poison?  You must also have Glyph of Deadly Momentum and Glyph of Recuperate.  With Deadly Momentum, you should have a constant recuperate going for you throughout the whole fight.  Definitely need Blade Flurry for this fight, so I rolled Combat.

Here's how I beat him:

I popped a revealing strike off the bat so I could build some CP's.  As soon as the first ghost pops, kick the Summoner to interrupt his first Shadow Bolt, and then take down the first ghost.  Make sure BEFORE you kill the ghost, you have BOTH recuperate and Slice and Dice up, so it starts the refresh with Deadly Momentum.  

As soon as you down the first ghost, AR, Shadow Reflection, Brawler's Agility pot, and Killing Spree.  This took off pretty big chunk of his health.  Don't wait for his shield to come back up before attacking a ghost.  If ghosts start closing in, you HAVE to go kill them.  

I turned on Blade Flurry for the rest of the fight.  Focus on ghosts you can line up with the spot light and just keep downing them.  IF you have lost your recuperate or SnD, put them back on, also revealing strike.  Look for opportunities where you can switch to attacking Dark Summoner (ideally when ghosts are farther away or you have them lined up with the spotlight).  But the idea here is to preemptively kill ghosts so they don't suckerpunch you.  Surprisingly, Blade Flurry did a lot of the work on the Summoner for me.  When Dark Summoner is low hp, take him down.  (in hindsight, once you are trying to take down at the end, turn off Blade Flurry- I was just so geeked that he was so close to dead, I didn't think about it).

I barely beat the enrage timer with this, and Cheat Death definitely saved me when a ghost spawned on top of me and brought me to 7% HP, but I was able to stay alive long enough to finish him off.  

I'm currently iLVL 692.  

Hope this works for you.