FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Battletron

Guest Cheq

Most casters will not be able to do it with current gear. As ele shaman in 490 I can only pull 65k while constantly moving. Only melee and hunters and casters that can keep dps while moving will down him.

Guest buttdort

He spawns volatile mines around him, i found it best to blow up like 2 and just make sure he has atleast 5 up at all times or he will respawn all them back. But when he does respawn them back it is a great time to get in some dps so if nearing the enrage pop survival CD blow them all up and he will stand there casting the respawn for the mines and give you some good dps on him.

Talents:

- Astral shift from rank 1 tree. Exploding mines hit pretty hard and you should aim for 2-3 mines so you have to to get some casts off.

Rest of the talents was pretty standard (elemental blast, echo of elements, ancestral guidance/healing tide totem)

Glyphs:

- Unleashed lightning is a must here, won't be able to beat enrage timer without it.

- spiritwalker's grace, found it usefull to have this extra 5 sec to get that extra elemental blas while moving.

- flame shock, pretty much allways used glyph

Fight:

- Try and aim to explode 3 mines, i used astral shift to reduce the dmg, and when i dropped to 20-30% i used ancestral blessing to heal up to full.

- Use cd's straight away, hero/ascendence/stormlash/potion save spiritwalker's grace untill you have to move (wich happens when you explode 3 mines)

- When spiritwalker's grace runs out use following pattern to dps the boss;

-Run as much "ahead" of the mines as possible without blowing them off while casting lightning bolts.

-When Lava burst or elemental blast comes off cd. You should be able to get 1 cast off before mines catch up

-once you casted lava burst or elemental blast carry on with lightning bolts and get ahead of mines again.

the dps check is very steep here you need around 80k dps to beat the enrage timer. remember to Pre-pot on this fight. most of Brawler's guild fights are 2 minutes long so you can get 2 potions. If needed try to heal up with healing stream totem, and only use healing surge if you have clearcasting buff up otherwise it's too much of a time loss

Edited by Myius

The DPS check is extraordinarily high at this point. Previous to 29 November he had 5.6mil health. With a 2 minute enrage, the DPS required was a respectable 47K (mind you, this is DPSing whilst constantly on the move). He was stealth buffed to 9.6mil health. The enrage is still the same duration but now the DPS requirement is 80K.

I haven't yet killed him as a Windwalker Monk (consistently hitting the Enrage) but I do have a few tips for survivability:

• Spec into Diffuse Magic. Use it ~5 seconds into the fight to blow up a few of the circling orbs (leave at least 5 orbs to ensure he doesn't resummon them) to give yourself a bit of leeway for the remainder of the fight.
  • Touch of Karma is invaluable, it's a good idea to couple it with Diffuse Magic at the beginning of the fight when blowing up the orbs.
  • Do not glyph Blackout Kick to ensure you obtain the heal and of course Glyph of Sparring is quite useful.
Edited by Hainiu

Guest heyhomes

476ilvl monk here I can't make the enrage timer, I was in a group with buffs I did miss some buff and only pulled 62K dps. Im pretty sure since this is my offspec gear I have no chance at all unless you wake up blizzard and scale the fight's to a players skill not his gear. 80K dps is needed that is all I know. If you have lfr weapon then don't bother trying him melee or ranged.

Guest Guest

Hey guys, i just want to inform you that i just defeated battletron as a shadowpriest, its kinda a pain in the ass, but i wanted to share my tips and such,

first of all when u get into the arena , u need you PRE-POT the brawlers pot, before he spawns then 40-50 sec into the fight u can pot again.

i used all of my cooldowns from the start bursted around 270k dps but ended up on 85.7k ( 9.60mil )

this encounter needs be changed abit for some classes or in some way ppl rly need to play it to 100% perfection.

what i did, was killing 3 orbs, so i had enoung room to reapply my dots , and to use my mindblasts this fight requires so much timeing, and cordination, if u fuck up 1 orb at the start its prettymuch gg,

and its doable as ANY class, if a shadowpriest can do it, every1 can

(meaning that we have to stay and cast all spells)

( but heeeey... you have dots?... yea true, but they dont do 85k dps ..... )

so shape up and u will get it! Posted Image

/ ludamon - lightning's blade EU

Guest Jat

I find this really hard as a hunter, the enrage timer I can manage, but his single target beam attacks kills me due to the lack of healing.

He will always cast it on me, and not on my pet. Tried many talent combos, but all my heals are exhausted at 30%.

Guest Xaxxor

Hey guys, i just want to inform you that i just defeated battletron as a shadowpriest, its kinda a pain in the ass, but i wanted to share my tips and such,

first of all when u get into the arena , u need you PRE-POT the brawlers pot, before he spawns then 40-50 sec into the fight u can pot again.

i used all of my cooldowns from the start bursted around 270k dps but ended up on 85.7k ( 9.60mil )

this encounter needs be changed abit for some classes or in some way ppl rly need to play it to 100% perfection.

what i did, was killing 3 orbs, so i had enoung room to reapply my dots , and to use my mindblasts this fight requires so much timeing, and cordination, if u fuck up 1 orb at the start its prettymuch gg,

and its doable as ANY class, if a shadowpriest can do it, every1 can

(meaning that we have to stay and cast all spells)

( but heeeey... you have dots?... yea true, but they dont do 85k dps ..... )

so shape up and u will get it! Posted Image

/ ludamon - lightning's blade EU

Not really for mages its impossible cos we have no heals.

Casting 5sec evocation every 10 seconds to stay alive doesn't really leave time for dpsing the boss Posted Image

Guest Damnbledore

Definitely. Doing requisite DPS on the boss wasn't easy, but doing requisite DPS while keeping self alive was almost impossible.

Definitely be in a buff group and get all possible buffs.

Do pre-pot with DPS potion. I had to post-pot with a life spirit to stay alive.

Use warlock healthstones.

Take any defensive talent that helps most with steady magic damage. For me, it wasn't the same talent that I use throughout raiding. Burst healing < steady healing.

You can also do DPS to the boss regardless of mines while it's summoning them; they will not start exploding until they've all been summoned. If you have a strong defensive cooldown, you might be able to get away with popping several bubbles over a small period, and use both the initial and followup summoning time to deal high burst damage to the boss regardless of mines.

For example, Rogues, if I understand cloak of shadows right, could blow all cooldowns and stab Battletron like crazy for the first 10 seconds, then pop two mines and orbit the boss as normal, then a minute later, hit cloak of shadows, stand still and DPS boss causing him to pop more mines then start resummoning mines again.

During the resummoning, no mines will explode, and all DPS cooldowns can be blown again. Any that recharge after a minute anyway. Posted Image

As a Death Knight, I didn't do this. I just used Anti-Magic Shell once the initial set of mines were summoned, exploded two mines with death coils, and went to town on it. The fire enrage timer started just as I killed the boss. Was scared.

Right now I am working on this boss as Arms. It is difficult and the stealth buff to 9.6M HP doesn't help. The ironic thing is if it were still the previous HP pool I could accomplish it with little to no problem as I can maintain anywhere from and average of 55K - 60K on the boss. But that is not enough for the enrage.

Cooldowns such as ability_warrior_challange.jpgDie by the Sword and spell_shadow_unholystrength.jpgStoneform help with the orb explosion. I typically set off 3 - 5 orbs to give me a comfortable amount of room to circle the boss and continue DPS, popping those CDs when they're about to explode.

With an enrage timer of 2M the DPS requirement comes out to 80K DPS (rounded up) as others have noted. At this point I feel it is totally dependant on gear. As I said, I am currently Arms DPS. (I wish I had another 10K gold to put a Sha-Touched Gem into the weapon but my free one went to my tanking set.)

With my struggles on Dark Summoner and now this one I simply have come to terms that these fights are not only an "awareness" check but they are also a gear / DPS check. I'll continue to work on him as my gear slowly improves and I wish any other player the best of luck on this guy. He's definitely a P.I.T.A.

Guest Guest

Finished this fight as an Affliction Warlock last night. I'm 492 equipped, so my gear is more than enough to meet the check, The problem I was having was keeping myself alive, as I just didn't have enough self healing going on, even with all my defensive CDs.

Here's the trick - Symbiosis from a Boomkin for Rejuv. The Rejuv broke this fight wide open for me, I beat the check by a good 20 seconds.

Make sure you're talkented into Kil'Jaeden's Cunning, blow all your CDs/Doomguard/Pot, dot him up, blow up your three mines, and toss Rejuv on yourself as needed. Made it super easy.

Hey guys. Just a heads up that added the written guide and a video guide for this boss. The first post is updated with the link.

Guest Psilocin

As a rogue, fight was pretty hard until I found a decent strategy... I wasn't able to get a good buff group so using recup was a dps loss. My strat:

Pre-pot Deftness... unload all CDs on him while he's summoning mines. Once he summons the mines, cloak, feint, and destroy enough of the mines, I think it's 3-4, to have him summon more... you can try for all also... Preparation, repeat... this allows you to just wail on him. I also used a master healing potion when my CD was up.

BTW, your CAPTCHA program is HORRIBLE.. I can't read half the letters and the speech part sounds like alien garbage...

Guest Guest

As a frost dk, i really recommend to specc Dual Wield, because the dps loss by using Deathstrike instead of Obliterate is much much lower...and it's much easier to use death siphon in the rotation, which is the way i defeated him.

You need very good gear to have enough dps in 2 Hand while healing against the high damage.

Affliction, 488ilvl:

Soul Leech, Soul Link, Grim of Sac, KC

Popped Unending Resolve when I broke the first 3 mines, ate a lockrock, then literally just ran in circles doing my normal rotation (pre-pot, normal pot, opening Cds, etc), killed with a little time to spare.

-A

Guest Frostbite

As a windwalker this boss was kinda "easy" but i'll admit i'm probably the worst guy ever handling Dark Summoner's cone of light.

Here are some tricks you can use, in no particular order:

- Touch of karma: Don't hesitate to use it up to 4 seconds before mines are enabled. You will have another one with some seconds to spare on enrage.

- Chi Wave: Can't stress this enough, chi wave is AWESOME. But if you have done this far, you already know this.

- Blackout Kick Glyph: If you use it you'll need more waves but your blackouts will do more damage. A personal choice. I used it tho. But again, i just kinda love chi wave

- Healing Spheres: Can be placed before Battletron spawns, giving your energy plenty of time to regen, free health is never a bad thing.

- Healing Elixirs + Zen meditation: Pop mines with meditation then use healing elixirs to regain some health. Costs a bit of DPS (via ToK) but might be needed. I didn't use it myself.

- Tigereye brew: Can be stacked outside, then used right BEFORE entering combat. This requieres no more than ~3 people waiting.

Guest Khamke

There is a base strategy for Moonkins, writ large by Cyous here: http://us.battle.net...ic/7273267877#8

Stand there and nuke your pants off. Really. It takes a bit of gear (cleared it tonight in 491 average), but with the proper Symbiosis and preparations (every buff possible, especially spellpower and mastery), it is easily healable, so the problem becomes the dps check after your burst is through. I varied a bit from Cyous' strategy, using the one provided by Shrilla in the 4th page of the thread.

Symbiosis a Warlock/Rogue for Unending Resolve (50% reduction-12s duration) or Cloak of Shadows (immunity to magic-5s duration).

Opener is standard moonkin fare. Starfall, hit lunar, explode boss with cooldowns. Here's how you soak the waves.

A) Keep Rejuvenation rolling on yourself at ALL times. Don't be afraid to use NS+HT to save yourself at any point.

1) Nature's Vigil will keep you up for the first set.

2) Tail end of NV+Barkskin will do you for the second.

3) Unending Resolve/Cloak of Shadows (ideally CoS) effectively negates the third.

4) Healthstone (maybe glyphed Might of Ursoc too, YMMV) once you get low on the fourth set.

5) If you didn't use MoU earlier, use it for the fifth set. If you did use it, hopefully you didn't also use NS+HT, you'll need it if you explode these.

After those 5 waves, barkskin will be back up, and you can either push hard (what I had to do) and pray you got some nice crit heals or play it safe and strafe in your nice little mine gap you made (you did make one, right?). Hope for lots of Starsurges.

Unless you're crazy geared, you will need near-perfect execution --especially for the opening burst-- and a fair bit of luck with RNG.

Good luck!

Guest Karlzone

As a feral druid ilvl 486 at the time this boss was laughable. I killed him on my third attempt and had only wiped because ursol's vortex made me lag out for some reason (Would have used for the rip glitch as I heard this would be a difficult dps check to meet). Any melee dps with an ilvl about 480 or more should be able to beat him pretty easily (providing you have a minimum of self heal or some immunity or dmg reduction cd).

Personally I would have been able to beat him at around 475 ilvl. I did not have flask or raid buffs nor did I have symbiosis on somebody.

Guest Henarton

As a 488 Frost Mage I had a lot of trouble with this fight, but here's what I had and what I did for the fight:

Glyphs: Evocation, Water Elemental, Icy Veins

Talents: Scorch, Ice Barrier, Cauterize, Living Bomb, Invocation

It's preferable to have all buffs on, but the winning round I had Mark of the Wild, Scroll of Fortitude, 300 int food buff, Flask of warm sun, a healthstone, and of course Arcane Brilliance.

I'm an Alchemist, so I had Alchemist's Rejuvenation and had the Zen Alchemist stone equipped.

Before you get called up, pop Ice Barrier so that it's off CD when you get ported in. As soon as you get ported in, use Evocation and be ready to use a potion of Brawler's Cunning, you should be able to use it before you get into combat. Blink to the side of him so that when he's finished summoning his bombs, you don't get hit twice in a row. Throw down your freeze, pop Frozen Orb, put on your bomb, Time warp, then keep casting frostbolt until he's done summoning mines. When he finishes summoning mines, pop Mirror images/Icy Veins/Alter time and use all your procs of fingers of frost/brain freeze. Keep standing there and let the mines explode, if you get dangerously low on health pop another ice barrier. After about 4-5 explode, he'll start resummoning and you should be back to full health, or close. Keep casting frost bolt until he's close to finishing his bombs, then switch to using scorch. Pop Ice barrier if you have it, then blow up 2 of his mines, healing yourself up with the healthstone/Evocation. After that you just have to move around the room, casting scorch, reapplying bombs and using freeze/frozen orb on CD. Make sure to use Ice barrier on CD and use your health potion if you get really low on health. If you get lucky on procs, you should be able to get just enough dps to down him before the enrage. It's tough, it takes a lot of luck, but it is possible to do this as a mage.

Guest Gustav

Trying this as a 482 iLevel Ret Pala, with Mograine's Immaculate Might and I'm struggling.

• Pre -apply SS,
  • Pre-pot,
  • Build up 3 HP > Inq
  • GotAK, AW and Execution Sentence,
  • DP and AM for orb explosions
  • DP, SS, Inq as and when needed afterwards
  • LoH at 10% health,
  • Divine Shield at end to extend 6 seconds into enrage

Doing all that I'm ending up at 20% boss health. Had to cast some WoG at the end but the damage loss wouldn't have been that considerable. Even looking back at the FRAPS of my attempt there's not a lot I would have done differently.

Guest Yummyumm

The fight itself is not overly complecated.

Basic strategy:

- blow up 3 bombs

- run in circles DPSing the boss

The problem is the rather demanding DPS-check. The aforementioned 80k seem to be a bit high, but 75k are the bare minimum.

Tips for Windwalkers

- pop Touch of Karma before blowing up the first mines for a nice dmg-boost at the start

- use CW on CD throughout the fight

- Xuen does NOT blow up additional bombs - use him

- put in Glyph of Touch of Death to remove the Chi-Cost, you will only need it once. You don't want to hit enrage because of not having enough Chi for ToD

- Touch of Karma will be ready again at the end of the fight. You can use it as a DPS-cooldown by popping it and then blowing up some more mines.

Guest Insaetia

I don't usually post to assist on these things, but this was a grueling experience!

The best way I found to beat battletron as a shadow priest was to force him to resummon mines 3 times off the bat allowing me to hardcast freely during the summons. You lose too much dps to meet the enrage timer running in the gap as recommended. SO! Force them to explode, use desperate prayer and a HS for the first one... when he resummons as you start exploding them pop VE. A PoM & Shield brought me through the third resummon(though I remained at critically low HP. At this point you have to run in the gap, but you should be close to 40% on the bosses HP. Carefully timing your MB casts/flay casts and spamming SW:P when you run to catch up to the beginning of the gap you should be able to beat the enrage timer. Good Luck! Happy wiping! And hopefully you get lots of MB procs.

I also ran shadowfiend as shadowfiend does not trigger mines.

Additional advice: Remember, you're a spriest! You're very durable! Don't panic abouthaving your HP in the single-digit percentiles. use PoM w/ Dark Binding glyph to keep yourself barely alive and win.

My spec:

Psyfiend, B&S, Bender, DP, DI, Halo

Glyph: Dark Binding, Flay, Reflective shield

Guest Khorel

For Monks, you have no choice but to spec Windwalker, a Brewmaster has very little chance here. Those of you who are fully reforged for raiding PvE, you might want to transfer a little bit of Crit into Haste, since the very nature of this fight prevents you from using Fists of Fury. 4 things to focus on:

1. Pre-pot! A potion of Brawler's Deftness is cheap, and if you use one just before the fight starts you'll be able to use a second halfway through (if you can time it right, in combination with a fully stacked Tigereye Brew).

2. Reflect 4-5 mines at the start using Touch of Karma, then absorb the respawned mines with Diffuse Magic. You'll also repeat this step once more in the fight, since the fight lasts 2 minutes and both these abilities have a 90 second cooldown.

3. Xuen as level 90 talent. May seem obvious for some, others not so much. He doesn't detonate mines, so he's safe to use, and worth the most DPS in a 2 minute window.

4. Glyph of Touch of Death. It's not like the additional cooldown has any effect, and the free cost vs 3 Chi really helps. Last thing you want is to get killed in the enrage because you didn't have 3 Chi available to knock off that last 400k HP.

Got my kill with 80.5k dps throughout the fight, at iLevel 498.

I killed this today as BM hunter 487ilvl gear. With the burst BM provides the enrage timer shouldn't be a problem.

Tips for hunters:

- Have spirit beast as main pet and macro Spirit Mend on you for Kill Command or any other frequently used ability ( /cast [@player] Spirit Mend) so it's done on cooldown

- Spec for Exhilaration

- Have Master Healing Pot (120k hp), not the brawler's one (60k hp)

The fight goes like this:

- Pre-pot and burn first round of cooldowns while he summons the crystals but DO NOT use Readiness

- Break 2-3 crystals with Deterrence to avoid the damage and move within the gap till the end of fight

- When at ~70%hp you Exhilaration and then use Readiness

- Go for second round of cooldowns, DO NOT use second dps pot

- Again when at ~70%hp use second Exhilaration

- When you miss more than 120k hp use your Master Healing Potion

- You can also Detterence 1 of his casts as well ( /cancelaura Deterrence/cast Deterrence -> First press you Deterrence, second press it removes it, do not spam it or it'll apply and remove it immediately)

*- Optionally have a friend lock provide you Healthstone and replace Master Healing Potion with dps one if you still miss some dps.

It worked for me pretty good and I didn't even notice the absence of Ancent Hysteria.