FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Battletron

As a druid balance if you have any shot you need try mixing up geting a dk in your group getting AMS , with that being said also get a warlock into the group with cookies. and also not sure how well this works yet going to try it on live switch out NV for Heart of the wild. When you kinda cycle your cds out in the initial burst to stay alive pop heart of the wild and go Feral to straife turn and rake shop. hopefully its enough uptime with damage to keep to the minimal. but i need to take this into action and make it successul.

Guest NitroRat

Completed this yesterday as an ilvl 488 windwalker monk. Took me well over 20 tries, but eventually I got it as the fire was coming down. Finished him with 93k dps.

Mandatory Talents:

Chi Wave-instant cast heal+damage

Ascension

Diffuse Magic- AMS

Xuen- doesn't break the orbs

Mandatory Glyphs:

Fist of Fury- 100% parry chance while channeling

Touch of Death- No chi requirement and you only need to use it once.

Basically, go into the fight with 20 stacks of tigereye. In order to do this, you might need to go early in the morning or late at night as to avoid the line. Pre pot, tigereye brew, hit Xuen, energizing brew, and then use touch of karma to blow up as many mines as possible. Maintain tiger palm and rising sun debuffs. Dps hard while he spawns new ones. When he finishes spawning a new set, use Diffuse Magic to break 3 and ONLY 3. Continue to pop 10 stacks of tigereye at a time, and continue to dps with another brawler's potion, another energizing brew etc. Fist of fury, when glyphed, doesn't cause the mines to explode if they run into you while channeling, so I HIGHLY recommend using this spell. It's a great dps boost, use it on cooldown.

When touch of karma is up again use it to break all the mines, and then pop your diffuse magic to absorb the rest and dps hard. This is the end where touch of death will be used, so be ready for it!

Bear, Darkspear

Shadow Priest:

Dark binding, Mind Spike

FDCL, DI, Cascade

Flask, food, prepot, and while he is channeling the mine summoning, go all out on him. Destroy 2-3 mines, then keep to the spot where you destroyed the first mine, to allow yourself time to cast noninstant spells before the rest of the active mines arrive on your position. Move back to the 1st destroyed mine spot, rinse and repeat, and procs from FDCL and DI should do the trick. Cascade on cooldown. Divine Star and Halo run the risk of destroying even more mines, which you definetly do not want.

Guest Nyume

As an ilvl 516 Shadow Priest, I actually found this fight pretty difficult. I did manage to down it after a few tries, and with a couple changes to my talent points/glyphs. Hope this helps:

This boss is unforgiving dps-wise, so anything under 80k dps isn't going to cut it in the 2 minute time frame. This makes it very difficult for spriests especially. I made 2 major changes to my talents and glyphs to help.

1) Glyph of Mind Flay--each time you cast mind flay, you get a speed boost, which helps with having to run around the boss to avoid hitting extra mines.

2) Power infusion--Normally I'm a lover of Divine Insight, but in this fight I found the haste/dps boost that power infusion gives right off the bat to be incredibly helpful.

You need to be completely buffed (raid buffs, food buffs, flasked, int pots...etc) to get as much spell power and increase in dps as possible. Blow all damage cds right in the beginning (after popping your int pot) when the boss is summoning the mines. Once you've broken 3, I found it easier to stand directly on the boss and move around him that way, keeping up with my rotation as best as I can. Use shields, divine prayer, lock rocks...etc...anything you can to cope with the damage you will be taking.

Good luck!

Guest vdizzle

Freaking this fight. Unreal. 

510 Normally frost mage, was forced to go fire on this fight and reforge, regem, the whole nine yards. Once you understand the fire rotation of things you're in the clear so long as you can hold 80k dps and sustain yourself. I used cold snap for the heal while using ice barrier and incanter's ward, whenever possible and having heal potion, evocation, and warlock healthstone, I feel these are all 100% required for this fight for mage. For the opening and alter time, i'd recommend using it for your pyro procs rather then to conserve health while the orbs explode. Instead of exploding orbs with alter time to gain health back and have more burn time, just burst until the last one comes out and hit the last two and stay in there spamming scorch and all cd's. If your dps is okay then you will be too, so long as your sustain holds out. After my 150th attempt I got him down with about 5% health remaining after i used everything i had to regain health. Good luck to you guys, though this will be much easier after 5.4 i think

Guest Guest

For me, dps was not the problem. Problem was spamming. Warrios generate rage by attacking. Standing around, that is far easier. While running, it is tough to keep rage up and unlike other classes, we cannot spam. As long as you can manage your rage, you can kill this boss because you can run and attack at the same time. I think druid in bear form will face the same problem.

Guest Gealden

With detterence on I was not able to detonate any mines, so could you change that in this marvelous piece of information

Guest youtubesRazor

As shadow priest with Raid Finder gear/PVP prideful gear I just ignored the orbs and dpsed him full on. I used DP to heal through the damage and constant good timing of glyphed POM and renew with 2, yes only 2 flash healz. Made it just in time as the rain of fire started. 

Guest TrundleButt

Would love a WoD strat for this... his orbs hit for 180k so you can only take 1 and he hits for 30-50k every few seconds... i can't even make enrage with the amount of healing i have to do...

With no selfheal you would die 10seconds in. As you break the first orb you are reduced to 25% hp, then he begins zapping you for around 10% of your hp...  I can't do it at 654ilvl on my ret paladin.

Guest Noremacv

Would love a WoD strat for this... his orbs hit for 180k so you can only take 1 and he hits for 30-50k every few seconds... i can't even make enrage with the amount of healing i have to do...

With no selfheal you would die 10seconds in. As you break the first orb you are reduced to 25% hp, then he begins zapping you for around 10% of your hp...  I can't do it at 654ilvl on my ret paladin.

I agree. My Frost DK is 650 and I think the lowest I got him was around 20% maybe. Only way I'm beating this fight is with all class buffs and/or stupidly high-rated gear which will more or less come just from raiding. The fact you need raid gear to do solo content is complete horseshit, honestly.

Guest Zorya

I just did this on my 660 PvP geared hunter. Couldn't figure out how to beat the damage i would take from blowing up the orb, and it wouldn't blow up if i jumped into it with Deterrence. So i tried just not blowing up any of the orbs, and it worked, amazingly. I could easily sustain through the damage he does with a Spirit Beast pet and the Spirit Bond talent, i just didn't have much wiggle-room for moving. I don't know if this is possible for melee to do, or if casters can time it so they hit in-between the orbs that are going around while standing still.

Guest Zorya

I just did this on my 660 PvP geared hunter. Couldn't figure out how to beat the damage i would take from blowing up the orb, and it wouldn't blow up if i jumped into it with Deterrence. So i tried just not blowing up any of the orbs, and it worked. I could easily sustain through it with a Spirit Beast pet and the Spirit Bond talent, i just didn't have much wiggle-room for moving. I don't know if this is possible for melee to do, or if casters can time it so they hit in-between the orbs that are going around while standing still.

Guest Krystalized

As a 488 Frost Mage I had a lot of trouble with this fight, but here's what I had and what I did for the fight: Glyphs: Evocation, Water Elemental, Icy Veins Talents: Scorch, Ice Barrier, Cauterize, Living Bomb, Invocation It's preferable to have all buffs on, but the winning round I had Mark of the Wild, Scroll of Fortitude, 300 int food buff, Flask of warm sun, a healthstone, and of course Arcane Brilliance. I'm an Alchemist, so I had Alchemist's Rejuvenation and had the Zen Alchemist stone equipped. Before you get called up, pop Ice Barrier so that it's off CD when you get ported in. As soon as you get ported in, use Evocation and be ready to use a potion of Brawler's Cunning, you should be able to use it before you get into combat. Blink to the side of him so that when he's finished summoning his bombs, you don't get hit twice in a row. Throw down your freeze, pop Frozen Orb, put on your bomb, Time warp, then keep casting frostbolt until he's done summoning mines. When he finishes summoning mines, pop Mirror images/Icy Veins/Alter time and use all your procs of fingers of frost/brain freeze. Keep standing there and let the mines explode, if you get dangerously low on health pop another ice barrier. After about 4-5 explode, he'll start resummoning and you should be back to full health, or close. Keep casting frost bolt until he's close to finishing his bombs, then switch to using scorch. Pop Ice barrier if you have it, then blow up 2 of his mines, healing yourself up with the healthstone/Evocation. After that you just have to move around the room, casting scorch, reapplying bombs and using freeze/frozen orb on CD. Make sure to use Ice barrier on CD and use your health potion if you get really low on health. If you get lucky on procs, you should be able to get just enough dps to down him before the enrage. It's tough, it takes a lot of luck, but it is possible to do this as a mage.

Did it today.  Burst till the timer for orbs ends,  step back and cast Frozen orb, then iceblock.   orb takes out his orbs an d you are immune to the damage, repeat burst