FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Meatball

I guess not many people are having trouble with this boss, but we added a written and video guide for it anyway. The original post has been updated to reflect it :)

This felt extremely undertuned to me at least. Ilvl 488 afflock, so well suited to the fight style, but I was still shocked to see how quickly his health went down. No idea what time left on the berserk or how many stacks I got, but I was just rolling around in the little purple candies and laughing maniacally while I asploded him.

Anti-climactic final boss :\

If the buff you get from picking up the orbs only applies to the player and not the pet, BM shouldn't be used for hunters this fight. (same with milhouse manastorm and the stacks you get from the crystals)

Guest Chewbamboo

Struggling as a 516 MW monk, seems to be going fine until i get 1 shotted. Usually die around 20%

FDCL, DI, Divine Star.

No need to prepot, just start running like a headless chicken around the arena, picking up the orbs like there is no tomorrow. Keep dots up, use procs from DI and FDCL. At around 50 stacks, pot, and start nuking while still moving to get more orbs. Finished him while at around 120 stacks, ridiculosuly easy compared to the other fights of this tier.

Guest jonesan

id like to see someone try it agin if it so easy im getting an enrage on him

Guest Pete

id like to see someone try it agin if it so easy im getting an enrage on him

I am right with you there...

I am almost certainly opening myself to ridicule here, but I cannot beat this boss and I cannot comprehend how anyone says he is easy. Over 30 attempts so far without getting him even close to death.

I try to follow the tips given here, i.e. collecting orbs to try and get stacks and then blowing offensive cds. The only problem is that I cannot shake Meatball from my tail long enough to ever get more than 15-18 stacks (I have Body & Soul and Inner Will glyphed for a speed boost, and even delay him with fears & Void Tendrils but still no joy) without him hitting me and losing stacks. I never get him below 50% or so health before he enrages and kills me within seconds.

Seriously, where am I going wrong?

I'm a Shadow Priest geared to average ilvl 527 and I am feeling really, really stupid at the moment - no doubt others will agree.

Guest Prime

Im having the same problem here im shadow priest 505 ilvl and having so much problems with this boss i start with dots on him then start kiting him while picking up orbs when i get to 20 orbs he is already enraged and 1 shots me i think its buged or something.

Guest pablodiablo

I just beat Meatball finally after about 30-50 tries and I discovered a mechanic that will dramatically help you to defeat this guy, if you are a caster class which typically is having the most problems with this guy since he can practically one shot you after he reaches his soft enrage at one minute into the fight.

I am a Shadow Priest and until I found out about this mechanic, I thought this guy was impossible for my class, and I have found various forums that Spriests were claiming the same.

It turns out that the orbs Meatball drops are based from damage he takes. If you start the fight and don't touch him, he wont drop an orb at all. Well from what I have seen, the more hits he takes, the more orbs he drops and each tick from a dot or from a spell will make him drop more orbs.

The way I finally beat him was to use dots at the beginning as well as spells that have tick based damage to get him to drop many more times as many orbs as he normally drops from just hitting him with SW:P from the start of the fight. Mind flay for a shadow priest also being tick based, made him drop even more orbs.

My advice for this fight is not to just hit him with a dot and collect orbs until about 20 stacks, but rather when the fight starts UNLOAD ON HIM with every tick based spell you have to get him to start dropping mad orbs. Once you start collecting orbs about 10-15 seconds after you pulled him, you will be able to collect about 50 before your dots time out. Then reapply dots and start nuking him and use your Shadowfiend (if you'r a Spriest as I am) before you start running around collecting orbs again and before the debuff drops off (you cannot let the orb debuff drop off before resuming collecting orbs again).

I was able to kill him right as he soft enraged at the one minute mark.

Hitting him early with dot and tick based damage spells right when the fight starts is key to getting many more orbs out when you first start collecting them.

I hope this helps, as I was very frustrated with this boss.

I am Ilvl 530 right now, and once I figured out the orb mechanic, I believe any Spriest above Ilvl 500 should be able to kill him, if they follow this advice. Feel free to add to this if there is anything I missed or should have included.

Pablo

Guest Guest

Thanks Pablo, I'd always avoid attacking him at first to collect orbs, but he definitely drops a ton more when you are attacking him. Made it so much easier and could kill him before he even hit the soft enrage.

Guest Nono

Should be noted that in order for the orbs to drop you need to attack him. I lost 10 seconds waiting for them

Guest Renti

I am right with you there...

I am almost certainly opening myself to ridicule here, but I cannot beat this boss and I cannot comprehend how anyone says he is easy. Over 30 attempts so far without getting him even close to death.

I try to follow the tips given here, i.e. collecting orbs to try and get stacks and then blowing offensive cds. The only problem is that I cannot shake Meatball from my tail long enough to ever get more than 15-18 stacks (I have Body & Soul and Inner Will glyphed for a speed boost, and even delay him with fears & Void Tendrils but still no joy) without him hitting me and losing stacks. I never get him below 50% or so health before he enrages and kills me within seconds.

Seriously, where am I going wrong?

I'm a Shadow Priest geared to average ilvl 527 and I am feeling really, really stupid at the moment - no doubt others will agree.

535 bm hunter first try was easy what you do as a priest is run around get like orb buff x20 then just pop cds and pwn him

Guest Fluffydots

Just commenting to point out there is a mistake in the guide. The orbs do not heal you anymore. They only give you a stacking dmg buff. So some classes will have a harder time following that strategy of waiting till the last 20sec. 

On 1/25/2017 at 4:43 PM, Guest slugfoot said:

(hunter) I could not beat meatball as surv or marks without http://www.wowhead.com/item=132444/prydaz-xavarics-magnum-opus&bonus=3529:3530

Spent more than a week trying.

damage was way too high. With that neck it was a cake walk.

A good tip for anyone that has the neck, for sure! Thanks for sharing :)

On 1/28/2017 at 10:20 AM, Guest Fluffydots said:

Just commenting to point out there is a mistake in the guide. The orbs do not heal you anymore. They only give you a stacking dmg buff. So some classes will have a harder time following that strategy of waiting till the last 20sec. 

Hey, thanks for the heads up! I'll pass it on :)

Guest trytrytryagain

Fire mage. so far feels pretty impossible. Can't collect orbs without getting my butt kicked.

16 hours ago, Guest trytrytryagain said:

Fire mage. so far feels pretty impossible. Can't collect orbs without getting my butt kicked.

This might be due to the orbs no longer healing. It might be worth attempting to take Cauterize so that you can cheat-death IB?

Guest trytrytryagain
21 hours ago, Blainie said:

This might be due to the orbs no longer healing. It might be worth attempting to take Cauterize so that you can cheat-death IB?

lol well I have always had Cauterize. It sends me flying around the ring at break-neck speed, missing most of the orbs, and after which one more hit from him simply kills me. I've tried burning my Dragon's Breath and freezing him and blinking away whenever off c/d to try and create some distance from him and pick up orbs, but he hits for like 400-500k every time I get anywhere close, and when I try to run him around the ring, the orbs disappear before I can pick them up. I think I'm just terrible at this game hehe. I got him down to 47MM at my best attempt so far.

Guest trytrytryagain

I did it! Meatball down! I cast Scorch and stacked up the run speed buff which let me stay just far enough away. I kept running and for dps I used only Scorch, Fire Blast, Phoenix's Flames and Pyroblast. Also Blink whenever available. I was Cauterized once but he was much lower health than previous attempts, and Blink was up at the same time so I got some healing from that. The berserk fire was 50% across the floor when he finally died.

On 2/17/2017 at 9:58 AM, Guest trytrytryagain said:

I did it! Meatball down! I cast Scorch and stacked up the run speed buff which let me stay just far enough away. I kept running and for dps I used only Scorch, Fire Blast, Phoenix's Flames and Pyroblast. Also Blink whenever available. I was Cauterized once but he was much lower health than previous attempts, and Blink was up at the same time so I got some healing from that. The berserk fire was 50% across the floor when he finally died.

Great job! Sorry for getting back to you so late, but thanks for coming back to share and letting us know you got it down!