FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
soadrokr

6.1 trinket for feral druids

I am wondering if the new alchemy trinket will be worth it for feral druids now that it has been changed to versatility. I am currently using 655 scales of doom and 646 blood maw's tooth. I am wondering if I should go for the alchemy trinket or skull of war. 

The Alchemy trinket is very good when upgraded.  Take a look at the list of BiS trinket rankings......Thanks to Aggixx for making it

ed7glpB.pngXxR3VNY.png

I'm very curious how the 5 lvl increase changes things.

This is what comes up for me now with Mr. Robot:

Vjlsste.jpg

Leading me to believe that the Stone of Fire becomes better than the Skull of War, and in fact 2nd best in slot pre-heroic (for my setup anyways).  Is this is a mistake on their part, or is the Stone of Fire really that good?  I was considering a Skull of War

This is generated with a 10% multistrike cap, which moves my 670 Scales of Doom from 8th to 14th.  The Skull of War was still better before, but with that adjustment it's far better than my Scales.  However, the Stone of Fire seems to have shot right up.

Looking at the options, versatility isn't the best, but it's better than the 5 ilvl gains to haste on the Dragonspine, and has 15 levels on the normal Blackiron Trigger.  The Beating Heart is being devalued due to the amount of multistrike on my gear, but still falls behind Stone of Fire even if I remove the 10% cap.

Something just feels off about having a Versatility trinket though.  I guess the proc really makes it, and has been increased, but if it's that good for a BoE, I'm wary of them potentially nerfing the proc.

Has anyone figured out the item budge on this item to make sure it's not over budget and a potential nerf target?

If not, I'll be making a Stone of Fire right away, and maybe a Skull of War as well (though I'd much rather just have Gruul give me a Dragonspine, haste be damned, and save the gold).

The tough thing about AMR is that it isn't actually simulating your character with the given stat weights.

For trinkets, it assigns a value to the proc and ranks it as such (regardless of you other trinket).  You would be better off simulating the two in SimCraft to formulate a better answer for yourself.

A quick thought however, is that your 10% multistrike cap setup is causing versatility to to be valued higher when comparing static values.  Crit will always dominate in a boss fight environment.  I'd say go with Skull of War.

I have a trinket question pls :D

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Frantoz/advanced

Here is my gear, i also have a 4/4 skull of war

when i use simulation craft with each trinket combination it comes out with 

meaty dragonspire HC 685 + captive micro Mythic WF 691 as top, skull 4/4 makes dps weaker

does this seem right? just not that familiar with simcraft and so on, 2nd opinion always nice :)

the concern is because both armory and SC are listing the BRF gear at old i levels pre +5

all comments welcome

1st post sorry if its not in correct format/place

fran