Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Biba

DW Frost

4 posts in this topic

I just switched from a 2-hand to DW and feel like i am falling behind.  I have looked at all the stuff on noxxic and icy veins and say that the two specs should be doing about the same single target.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Noxxic and Icy are mostly behind on the most up to date data, currently the sims for ST are:

image06.png

and for cleave:

image18.png

As you can see above 1H frost is lacking in ST and ok in cleave.

If you really want the most dmg out of your char you will have to go unholy.

Edited by VRDRF

The stat priorities are also different for the two, so that might be partly why you are falling behind. Can't be more specific without logs/armory.

Logs would help a lot. As previously noted in raw sims 1h frost is on the lower end of DK dps. You can be competitive but it takes a lot more work. For BRF you should be able to do pretty good because of the cleave fest but on single target bawses you will see a drop in dps. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Loxx
      Recently changed from Unholy to Frost, and im split between 3 trinkets and when and where i should use them.
      Eye of Command (865), Ursoc's Rending Paw (880), Spiked Counterweight (860).
      Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Loxxe/simple
      Thank you in advance :)
    • By Duvy44
      Eclipse is recruiting to fill up the last few spots for our mythic roster as we step into mythic progression.

Raid Times

Tues/Thurs/Sun 8-11EST

Progression

EN 7/7H

EN 1/7M

What we want from you:

Heroic raid xp

Prefer 860+ ilvl

Ability to attend most raids

Recruitment Priority

Deathknight – LOW - DPS w/ tank OS

Druid – LOW - Balance w/ tank OS

Hunter – LOW

Mage – HIGH

Monk – LOW - DPS w/ tank OS

Priest – HIGH – Shadow

Rogue – HIGH

Warlock – HIGH

How to Apply

Apply directly here at http://eclipsesr.shivtr.com/forums/1905665

Contacts:

Falfurious#1181

Duvy#1803

• By Macrophage
      Hey guys. I have a choice between an 885 ilvl horn of valor, and an 855 Memento of angerboda with a socket, and I can't decide which to choose. I'm unholy, so the vers is one of my lower prio stats, and I'm thinking the socket, extra strength (since the horn basically works out at 1025 strength average) and procs makes the memento better? It seems kinda hard to imagine that with the 30 ilvl difference though. What do you guys think?
    • By Daxter
      Hello, since I couldn't find an updated Trinket list for UH DKs for the new patch. Ill be asking here:
      Right now I have an 880 Ursoc's Rending Paw and 865 Hunger of the Pack equipped. I got an ilvl 865 Eye of Command from Karazhan. Should I replace HoP for EoC or nah? My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Daxtër/simple
      Thanks for the answers in advance :) .
      EDIT: Forgot to mention(might be relevant to take this decision), my HotP has a socket. Right now I'm gemming and enchanting haste, trying to get to 18-19% haste.
    • By Browed
      With the new PTR info, it seems Bad to the Bone gains a little (2 >3%), is it now viable to go to that before completing the last Gold trait via the Self Heal?
      Obviously, I may end up testing this myself, but it's a lot of resource to commit ;)
      Also, I'm not sure if this steers us more exclusively to Icy Talons seeing as the Razorice runeforge dropping off with Shattering Strikes is even less desirable due to ramp up time, unless we see return of the double Razorice runeforge setup eh ;)
      Numbers:
      If you exclude possible additional relic combinations for BttB (Bad to the Bone)
      2% x 5 stacks = 10%,
      3% x 5 stacks = 15%
      Obviously, this is a fully scaling ability, but you knew that.