FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
sydneyf

help my dps sucks

ok before the item squish i was at the top tow or three on the dps meters for dungeons and raids.after the item squish i am at the bottom.as far as i can tell the rotation hasnt changed from what i was doing to what i am doing now.i am using spell flash,weak aura,magic runes and ,dk diseases.my item level is 659 and i am pulling on average i would say 15-16k

this is world of logs from kok

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/51o8rareyyysidu9/details/12/?s=1762&e=2105

and this is from gruul

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q9npni0a2w3l8aiu/details/15/?s=1487&e=1834

one is a movement fight and one a stand and hit fight

this is my armory link

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/windrunner/lvdevil

any help or tips would be welcome i keep looking at the rotations and what not and i just cant figure out what i am doing wrong.

Looking at the Gruul fight, your disease uptime is very low. You should aim for 90%+. You have also cast Blood Boil multiple times. Blood boil should never be used on a purely single target fight. Death strike can be an emergency heal, but there seems to be too many casts in your log. You also seem to have used Defile less than half the time that you could have used it. It more or less needs to be used off cooldown to get maximum value out of it.

I would suggest going over the basic rotation suggested in IV and use some of the WA helper strings (stickied threads) in the forum for your preferred playstyle.

i am using blood boil to produce death runes which can be used as any runes.i know this is a newb question so forgive me how can you tell my diseases uptime is low ?i use plageu strike and dont use it again till it falls off.i ask this cause i want to understand what i am doing wrong.i open with plague strike defile army gargoyle and when ever scourge strike is up i use it and i also use festering strike when ever its off cd.and death coil when ever its up and upgrade my ghoul when its up and when i get 12 blood tap i sue that and if scourge comes up i sue that or festering.

First off, upload to warcraftlogs - worldoflogs is utter shite, Can't find a damn thing there.

Concerning turning runes into death, on a single target Use FeS To turn blood and frost runes into Death runes.

Tap blood tap at 10 charges.

You can see the disease up times on the log. In this case, for both Blood Plague and Frost Fever. I was able to get to the same logs on AMR which is at least readable and useful compared to WoL. As VRDRF mentioned, Festering Strike will give you back Death Runes and you don't need to be using it on cooldown. You only need to use it to spend Blood/Frost runes (when specced into Defile). You may also find Runic Corruption easier to begin with since it's entirely passive and you don't risk capping any charges like BT.