Swagsurfer

6.1 Demonic servitude GO:Service Opener/rotation?

32 posts in this topic

Hey Guys. After the recent nerf to demonbolt, i feel like everything changed for me. I'm still trying to adapt to using demonic fury without having DS up (which is hard for me for some reason). Do you just launch a few Soul fires while i form from like 950 fury to 500 fury and then back to regening?

Also my opener is fucked up

I prepot, precast Soul fire,  HoG, corruption, Grimoire: doomguard, darksoul, Shard of nothing, HoG, meta morph, doom, spam soul fire if procs, else touch of chaos.

Then back to spamming shadow bolt untill i have a bunch of fury and molten core procs, then into form and launch them, with cooldowns if ready/appropiate, and then back to spamming shadowbolt and HoG

Do you ever Chaos wave single target if the target isnt going to die before HoG dot can tick out?

tyvm

Swagsurfer

By precasting soulfire you're effectively wasting 2 seconds of your pot that you otherwise wouldn't need. Never got why people do that, precast shadowbolt is better imo.

The way I play the opener with 4pc is exactly how you do, but cancel meta as the 2 stack hog is about to finish, hog to refresh, shadowbolt 1-2 times, use hog as soon as it's off cd, then go back into meta and finish the dump. You end up wasting a bit of hog uptime doing it that way, but you shove it all into the DS window, and it helps you maintain meta.

Pre casting Soul Fire became a thing more so in SoO with the set bonus providing the damage proc.

It also made sense with a Demonbolt build where Fury was tight.

Now, I don't think it really matters. You trade some extra Fury for reduced potion uptime. On cleave fights it might make the difference where you can afford an extra Chaos Wave. It's mostly preference imo, as you'll still get full potion usage under Dark Soul.

What I do think could be interesting is no precast at all. On ST with GoServ, the extra Doomguard now lasts 25s. You inevitably get a cast or two unbuffed. What do people think of having no precast and just pot on 1 and insta GoServ.

Personally I think it's a bit risky knowing my guild, but I'd be interested to see potential maths on the topic.

2 more hits with the extra doomguard could probably be more damage, but come at the cost of fury. Would be interesting to see if it was an overall gain, although risky with the ninja pulls

I have accidentally pulled on 4 a few times (missed Soulfire and hit HoG oops...) But on the plus side it's conditioned my guild to be ready lol.

2 more hits with the extra doomguard could probably be more damage, but come at the cost of fury. Would be interesting to see if it was an overall gain, although risky with the ninja pulls

It's actually a lot more than 2 hits with doomguard.

It's 4 hits with doomguard since you have 2 via Grim:Serv.  It also gives you 4-5 extra secs in back end Meta form.  That can be good for an additional 2 soul fires under pot.

prepot + SF vs prepot Grim:Serv @ pull

1 soulfire vs 4 pet bolts + 4-5 sec extended pot/meta (soulfires or ToC).

Another thing I don't see people doing is holding their pot till execute range.  Terrorguard gets a nice 20% damage buff.  Wait till execute then:  Grim:Serv -> DS + SON -> 2nd HoG -> meta w/ SF spam

Pre casting Soul Fire became a thing more so in SoO with the set bonus providing the damage proc.

It also made sense with a Demonbolt build where Fury was tight.

Now, I don't think it really matters. You trade some extra Fury for reduced potion uptime. On cleave fights it might make the difference where you can afford an extra Chaos Wave. It's mostly preference imo, as you'll still get full potion usage under Dark Soul.

What I do think could be interesting is no precast at all. On ST with GoServ, the extra Doomguard now lasts 25s. You inevitably get a cast or two unbuffed. What do people think of having no precast and just pot on 1 and insta GoServ.

Personally I think it's a bit risky knowing my guild, but I'd be interested to see potential maths on the topic.

I've been using the prepot opener since 6.1 changes and it's been solid.  Guild is currently progressing on H Blackhand but I'm maintaining 32-33k in P2.  If we ever make it to p3 and actually bloodlust I'm sure I'll go over 35k.  I think that's fantastic post-DB nerf and at 680 ilevel.

Did some poor unbuffed target dummy math

pot + soulfire hits for 18k

4 doomguard hits with pot is 80k

4 doomguard hits without pot 52k

Thats 10k more dmg + the 4 seconds of potential meta form in the end

= way more dmg

I think the optimal opener is to pot on pull and then go ham

pot > GO:SER > HoG > corruption > DS > trinket > shadow bolt > HoG > meta form > doom > moltencore procs/ToC > out of form, HoG > couple shadow bolts untill form is ready again > back in > launch your last molten core procs - And then pot runs out

Try out and tell me what you think compared to your opener now with the 4 second early pot soulfire

To be honest, with the way RPPM trinkets work, it's been brought to light that you can force your trinkets to proc back to back every time.

I had noticed this but didn't look too much into it, but Furty from Midwinter recently made a video for it.

Basically your precasted spells with a travel time can proc your trinkets, but won't put you in combat. As all RPPM trinkets gain 120 seconds of bad luck protection when combat starts, they are guaranteed to proc once the initial buffs expire.

As such, you want to precast from max distance and have the cast finish before the boss is pulled.

There is some RNG involved and it is assuming you have 2 proc trinkets. I don't think that's worthwhile for the majority of raiders that are still using SON.

I also went back to imp glyph and noticed a significant spike in damage. I understand all the theory rafting behind the glyph, average amount of imps per minute but in practice it is a dps gain.

What matters is having imps for when you NEED it like stacking with SON + serv + DS on an opener to have ample MC procs for int pot.

If your raid pulls at 0 there is no real RNG involved. I always have one of my RPPM trinkets proc from the first cast if not both. Have 20s of trinkets is huge because you usually get into Meta with like 3-4s left, so the extra 10s is a big deal.

I made my macro to start pet attack and cast grimorie doomguard, use it at 4 and the timing is perfect "maybe a little earlier with haste buff). I've been looking at rotations and came up with one.

Prepot @ 4

Hit macro (/petattack/cast grimorie: doomguard

Precast shadowbolt

Corruption

Meta

Doom

ToC till empty

HoG

Thoughts? Gonna get some normal gruul logs up for it.

Edit: I do think the make at least makes sense as your summoned doomguard will benefit from the weapon enchant as well as your ring proc.

Edited by Noveliss

You will just end up ninja pulling at 4 with both your pets, and you will lose a lot of HoG damage and some meta uptime. You're also not using your MC procs.

This is a pretty bad opener.

I really like imps with serv/serv, you can play procs more aggressively between dark soul + serv CDs bc the glyph ensures you will have MC procs and fury during DS.

I basically always pop and use MC procs in meta when I get a ring proc. also allows me to be more aggressive with meta + ToC spam during movement. I know it's a tough thing to model but I'll post some logs tonight of H blackhand

Some pathetic HC BH wipes.. idk if you can use those for anything

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3VLf6JFvZKNypHXD

You aren't doin that bad, mainly suffering from not getting to bloodlust and carrying some weak dps.

Your longest attempt

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3VLf6JFvZKNypHXD#type=summary&fight=21

Your biggest mistake was missing a grim/serv rotation at the 4 min mark, would have been back up for BL

Also I'd recommend saving that last serv/DS for execute range and using your 2nd pot. 20% inc pet damage on boss.

I'm goin to save both DS charges for bloodlust via AD.

If you had a better bloodlust with int pot and didn't miss a serv CD you would have been 33k easily.

Hi, i can`t seem to get Grimoire of service to work in my opening macro

/cast grimorie: doomguard 
/cast dark soul: Knowledge
/cast blood fury
/cast Imp Swarm
/petattack

i have a target but it vill not pop out, i have tryed to keybind it to 0 and /use 0
but it will not work.

any solution?

If this is the same as your macro in game then Libal it is because of your spelling of grimoire

The opener I have been using:

Prepot @4s

Soulfire

Service: Doomguard

HoG

Shards/DS

Corruption

Shadowbolt

HoG

CW

1-3 SF

Doom

A few SB's and back to Meta for remainder of DS/Prepot

I use Doomguard first as its first cast is not immediate, giving time to get other procs rolling.  Shards is important to get up quickly to get MC procs from HoG, the CW inside my Ring proc gives a guaranteed SF to use in opener before procs drop. 

I tried hopping out of Meta in time to refresh the 2 stack of HoG, but found losing out on the CW and 2 Soulfires within the ring proc was not producing as much burst.

100k-125k depending on procs, with my gear (haste trinkets, no sexy Crit or MS procs in opener)

Edited by Soulzar
2 people like this

Fantastic opener Soulzar thanks for passing along. Since I and many others still don't have 4pc, only change I make to your opener is shards/DS after the 2nd HoG. I just hate using DS/shards without having all 3 dots up. I also get up doom right when entering meta since I don't always have MC procs.

Just curious how do you vary your opener when not lusting at start? My guild is on H blackhand progession and I def feel I could improve p1 opener.

Lust does not change the opener at all. You still want to get out as many Soulfires/ToCs with your trinkets procced as you can. You also should not be delaying your shards/DS as it is a direct buff to your Doomguards, which are the highest portion of your damage running this spec.

You're going to find that the opener for demo is very RNG-ey. Sometimes you will chain MC procs, and have a really great opener. Sometimes the RNG lords hate you, and you get 0.

Lust does not change the opener at all. You still want to get out as many Soulfires/ToCs with your trinkets procced as you can. You also should not be delaying your shards/DS as it is a direct buff to your Doomguards, which are the highest portion of your damage running this spec.

You're going to find that the opener for demo is very RNG-ey. Sometimes you will chain MC procs, and have a really great opener. Sometimes the RNG lords hate you, and you get 0.

Service lasts 25 sec,

You can easily cast corruption, shadowbolt and a HoG in 5 sec, esp with haste trinket procs. This has no effect on doom guard. Delaying till the back end of that 5 sec window also gives you an extra 2-3 sec on the tail end of DS to get out a soul fire proc.

I wouldn't delay Shards TBH.  That haste proc goes a long way to an early 4p proc from corruption, or more importantly an MC proc from HoG.  I used to not use Shards/DS until just before my second HoG as well and noticed a much more reliable proc on MC charges from the first HoG when I had the haste buff rolling.

If I have a ring proc I apply doom after CW/SF's since doom wouldn't proc within the ring proc window anyways .. if RNG spits on me I get doom up right away to buy a global to phish for proc.

1 person likes this

Hey guys, I didn't want to make a whole thread for this question and I feel that it's related to this conversation because it has to do with the DoomguardDoomguard ST playstyle. ATM I own a Mythic QR, Heroic GSR, and a Heroic SoN. I've mostly retired the SoN to my inventory, but I've always wondered, would it probably be a better idea to use SoN on fights where I play DoomguardDoomguard, and use GSR on fights where I play cata? Also, someone said earlier that they like the imp swarm playstyle with DgDg singletarget, what do you guys think? Is it viable if my overall raid dps is low and fights go on for 6-8 minutes? Is it viable for other fight lengths? If so, which?