FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ralwn

How to stop a feast griefer?

Someone in my raid plops down a feast. Another person in my raid eats all the charges of the feast. Its gotten out of hand now and I'd like to know if there is a way to find out who is doing it via an addon. (Yes I've tried nicely asking the anonymous person to stop doing it.)

Things like this really annoy me and people only do it because they think they'll get away with it. Below are some of the addons I already use.

-

PhoenixStyle - shows who uses the BRD teleport (direbrew's remote)

BigBrother - shows who uses misdirects / taunts (healers taunting to screw with your threat / hunter pet taunts / hunters MDing to grief others)

ElvUI - shows who lusted / who is running aspect of the pack (hover cursor over the buff icon and the name there is the person running the offending buff)

Blood Legion Cooldown - Can show you passively who isn't popping their CDs when they're supposed to

Edit: Found the addon I was looking for.

Thank you everyone!

Edited by ralwn

Someone in my raid plops down a feast. Another person in my raid eats all the charges of the feast. Its gotten out of hand now and I'd like to know if there is a way to find out who is doing it via an addon. (Yes I've tried nicely asking the anonymous person to stop doing it.)

Things like this really annoy me and people only do it because they think they'll get away with it. Below are some of the addons I already use.
-
PhoenixStyle - shows who uses the BRD teleport (direbrew's remote)
BigBrother - shows who uses misdirects / taunts (healers taunting to screw with your threat / hunter pet taunts / hunters MDing to grief others)
ElvUI - shows who lusted / who is running aspect of the pack (hover cursor over the buff icon and the name there is the person running the offending buff)
Blood Legion Cooldown - Can show you passively who isn't popping their CDs when they're supposed to

I think, this should be reported to Blizzard via the feedback system. If this happens in your regular guild group, you can just nicely... remove that person from the raid.

If this happens in your regular guild group, you can just nicely... remove that person from the raid.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out who it is and I also suspect that from the nature of the problem that its more than one person doing it as well.

Edited by ralwn

How many people are in the raid? It's a guild run? Are you able to break in small groups?

One suggestion I can give is to separate groups for a mechanic (i.e. Butcher) and drop feasts on each of those groups. Have a trusty eye on each of those groups to keep an eye on the feasts, so you can see who got the buff, who didn't (usually those won't have a buff because they burn through it too quickly). This way is easier to isolate who's/re teh perpetrator/s. If not, at least you make them become more cautious about abusing it.

Once you find the person, /guildkick him/her.

Yea, there is not combat log event for eating the feast, so its pretty difficult for an addon to know who is spamming it.  It would have to be blizzard who changes this (IMO i think its dumb and should just have infinite charges like in Dragon soul and just reduce the duration that its up for) or make a combat log event for something like this specifically. 

How many people are in the raid? It's a guild run? Are you able to break in small groups?

One suggestion I can give is to separate groups for a mechanic (i.e. Butcher) and drop feasts on each of those groups. Have a trusty eye on each of those groups to keep an eye on the feasts, so you can see who got the buff, who didn't (usually those won't have a buff because they burn through it too quickly). This way is easier to isolate who's/re teh perpetrator/s. If not, at least you make them become more cautious about abusing it.

Once you find the person, /guildkick him/her.

I'll try this. I can also film but due to my shoddy encoding skills, I'm the only one able to view / watch the raw footage

Edit: Raid size is anywhere from 14-18 people with 1-2 pugs per night. (while the pugs may be listening in over our voice chat and participating in the grief, its definitely our own guys being the main perpetrators)

Edited by ralwn

Sure thing! Also, for an easy recording, use xFire and upload it there.

Record when you kick the clown and show it here! ahaha

Not sure if this is still an active problem, but perhaps you could make a weak aura to track the eating buff on everyone.  The offenders eating buff will stay at the full 20 or near it for much longer than anyone else.