FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
enchy040

Prot Pally - SoTR Up-time

Hi All,

I am looking for any tips or advice regarding increasing my SoTR up-time.

I currently am trying to prioritize CS/HoTR > Judgement > AS. 

Atm I seem to siting around 30-40% uptime... which quite frankly isn't great. When I stalk other prot pallies they sit around 65-70% and I'd love to improve to be at that level.

My armory is here

A couple of my most recent logs:

​Anything that you can suggest to help me out would be greatly appreciated. Even if you notice something else that's not related to SoTR... I'm all ears!

Thanks in anticipation!

First things first, if you want better uptime on shield of the righteous stop using word of glory, this should only really be used when you have 5 stacks of bastion and even then only really as a last ditch effort to stay alive, the heal isn't comparable to the damage reduction of shield of the righteous. 

Second thing i noticed is your sacred shield uptime, this needs to be as close to 100% as you can get it.  

I would suggest dropping the Holy Avenger talent and using either SW or DP (SW for a DPS increase and holy power gen and DP for higher SotR uptime) 

Your Dps seems impossibly low for some reason, is 13k ish your usual? i have the same ilvl and my usual is mid 20s. 

I would suggest dropping empowered seals and switch to holyshield and or seraphim. 

Other than that feel free to ask me any questions and take a look at my armory for talents and such. 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Na%C3%BAss/simple 

I noticed you're using strength potions, although this doesn't directly link to your question just thought I'd pop in and let you know that bonus armour potions are much better, as they give you much more attack power than a strength potion does I think if strength gives you 1k ap, the bonus armour one gives you 1500? Something like that which is massive, also the bonus armour potions give you survivability with the 1500 bonus armour, this should also increase your dps on as well!

Since when does Bonus Armor potion give AP? I usually take a STR potion in the pull to inc the burst and make it easier to keep aggro, since my tanking partner oftens takes threat from me then i use Bonus Armor pot if i need to otherwise i will just use Another STR pot to inc my DPS

Bonus armor = AP in a 1:1 ratio, just like Strength, so 1k Strength pot gives 1k AP, and 1.5k Armor pot gives 1.5k AP + survivability, so there's not a single encounter where strength pots should be used.

And for the SotR up-time, DP + ES will give the highest uptime, just remember that you shouldn't seal twist, only stay in Seal of the RIghteous.

Holy Shield will give better survivability and dps on encounters with more adds (Operator and Furnace in genereal)

In general your dps seems really low, i'm playing a prot pala myself (686 ilvl), and on single target fights i'm at minimum 20k, and encounters like beast, operator and furnace i'm between 28-34k dps. So you should look into using stuff on CD.

Here's what i can see on your maidens kill:

- 116 casts of crusader strike/Hammer of the Righteous. Without taking into account haste, you could've used those 178 times, and even more so with haste. (Use HotR only when theres 3+ targets)

- 53 Judgments - That could've been 134 without counting haste.

- 69 Casts of Crusader shield and 68 Grand crusader procs, it seems like you could've had more casts of it, but that's hard to determine seeing as the procs sometimes keeps rolling in.

If you had used these things on CD you could've had a lot more uptime on SotR. Sometimes you can't cast everything on CD since there's other stuff to look after aswell, and sometimes the CD's overlap. But missing 62 Crusader strike/HotR and 81 Judgements (even without taking haste into account), seems like a lot of lost Holy power.

Anyway that's my 2 cents, to summerize:

For talents (these i my prefered talents)

- Use ES + DP on single target and fights without many adds

- Use Holy shield + DP on fights with many adds (Beast, Operator and furnace)

- Try to use every holy power generator on CD for more uptime on SotR

Okay didn´t know that Bonus Armor gave attack power in a 1:1 ratio will start to use that from now on

Bear in mind that this is only the case for Prot. Bonus Armor does NOT give AP as retri.

Just saying in case you have retri as 2nd spec and think you can use same gear.

Bear in mind that this is only the case for Prot. Bonus Armor does NOT give AP as retri.

Just saying in case you have retri as 2nd spec and think you can use same gear.

Yeah i know researched a bit into it. And my offspec i Holy so no worry there for me using the wrong pots for that ^^