FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Giveaway #60 - Cenarion Hatchling

Giveaway #60! This week-end, we are giving away a inv_pet_babyhippogryph.jpgCenarion Hatchling pet.

We will pick the winner randomly, in 48 hours, among those who gave us ideas about how to make the forums more lively. We will be watching out for dummy accounts.

Posted Image

Not sure what kind of activity your looking for......

Perhaps a bit more theory crafting if it's not overplayed else where.

Thoughts and idea and strageties on how to do the mundane things.

Do keep up the good work.

oh boy! i signed up just to have a chance at this pet so i hope you wont think im a dummy account :o

As for ideas, by lively do you mean busier? If so we had problems with our guild forums being too quiet so we started having word games, polls and events and pretty soon everyone was signing up just to play and the forums were busy. Even after the guy who put up all the games and polls left, they stayed busy because people had already signed up and started using them so there was always a new topic to read/comment on.

If what matters to you is the forum, generally speaking, what you need is a better offtopic subforum, with plenty discussions over a wide variety of topics. This needs time, and the only thing you can do to improve it is advertising it in the social networks and of course, very active administrators to promote events and activities and control the posts.

You can also add a roleplaying forum, that is indeed interesting to player community.

And if you are interested in improving the wow-concerning subforums, well, you need to think whats what matters to every player, proud of his/her respective class and well-being inside the game? Passively: Wealth, appearance (transmog), achievements and collectibles (mounts, pets AND Battle Pets) ; and actively: DPS/ HPS/ TPS, PvP and BGs, how to improve their class to the limit, macros, consumibles, professions, etc... Maybe a pinned topic about soloing old content in each class subforum, since now its fairly easy to enter old raids.

Just take a look at some important forums(elitist jerks, MMO, even Blizzard's xD), you'll get plenty ideas, but the most important thing is to advertise in every way you can imagine, and having dedicated people to each subforum Posted Image

Good luck IV, we love you Posted Image

Edited by Araielle
  • Like 1

how about a live chat/interaction with the theory crafters,devs on classes / starts etc with ppl.voting for a topic of choose during the week

I am new to this site but it has been helpful so far in my understanding of how to play the game. I think that maybe having some stuff on how to do the things thta everyone already know but doesnt talk about. Like simple things you that make you life easier but you dont know till someone randomly tells you. also I dont know if you have any but videos on some things would be awesome. either doing it yourself or having other users do a video and then post it here. Maybe some pvp stuff to see how it looks or against a raid boss. You guys are AWESOME already though =)

In the past i did had a forum myself, which was heavilyy visited but not busy in active posting. Decided to add regular polls up and made a sub forum for Funny stuff and one one for games (could be anything from word games, story games, lyric games, picture/photo games etc etc,) Most people love to read and join it. :) I do think these would add a vivid character, a good place in case you would like to add things like that would go in the off topic forum.

As for the pet, never got around to go buy it.....isnt he cute?

Maybe some forum games like "rate the signature/avatar of the one above you" :) or some wow related quiz!

When levelling up from scratch best quest chains to take, or what music do you have on while playing.

Hawaiian shirt Fridays a superb idea Posted Image

Good Luck to all

Spotlight posts to highlight good community work from fellow players (streamers/forum posters) and their work.

This will expose members of the player community and add discussion to the forum.

Hmmmm making the forums more lively. The idea to expand the off-topic area someone suggested earlier is a very good idea. I think for the most part there are alot of lurkers who come onto the site and check out what they need and then leave, which is a pity. I don't really add enough to the site either because I feel outside of the Warrior section there isn't much place for me to comment. Off topic encompasses alot but looks a little hidden having only one forum for everything that can be discussed in it. So I'll add a +1 to Araielle's idea to improve the off-topic section!

Added obligatory chibi picture to boot!

Posted Image

• Like 2

To generate new discussion, pick a random user each week and send a message asking them a poll question, such as 'what is your favorite part of the game'. They then click the link to create the thread and others can reply to their topic.

Other questions could include 'what do you find most challenging?' or 'something you learned this week'

Joined this site officially now after I was lurking for guides for way too long. Posted Image

so... Making more contests and people will join Posted Image

Edited by swarnos

Sign in to follow this