Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Giveaway #60 - Cenarion Hatchling

When visiting forum boards I have always enjoyed a few key features:

• A shoutbox / live chat box.
  • Weekly polls (with discussion)
  • A video of the week (with discussion)
  • Contests (such as this one): Screenshots of the week, perhaps. Concept art
  • Media forum for people to show off image and video work.
These are just a few that I've always enjoyed on a forum board. Perhaps you may find ideas and expand upon these.

Just started being a big Icy Veins follower and so far I love the guides. The forums, however are a little bit down. I think something that would be great would be live chat events for class discussion every 2nd Sunday of the month.

How about Icy Vein Challenges? Send people out in the world (of warcraft) to do weird, unusual, cool, epic, unheard of things? A way to let people show off their skills!!

make the forum more lively. . . my opinion add a ui section where people can post their ui setups and a section for their gaming rigs/setups

Lots of pictures and back and forth discussions will insue about each persons likes and dislikes of a setup. Can also help others out when building a new computer.

Well I think your guide will be awesome if you can put short video to explain the mechanic of each boss at certain phase.

For example; MSV Feng the accursed Draw flame on phase two. Put a simple and short video explaining how,when and where to put the barrier. Some ppl like me still unclear for the 1st time till I learn it in during raid. :P

I think that in order to make the forums more popular, you need somehow to promote the site / forums to a bigger audience. There are already Twitter and Facebook pages which could be used more to bring in people.

I would imagine that the lurker to poster ratio here is quite high. A lot of people are reading articles but simply don't ever bother to post a reply, no matter how good and informative an article / guide actually is. So, the secret may be to somehow convert the lurkers into posters.

.. or you could just make an army of level 1 characters to spam trade on every realm known to man (and panda)!

Good luck all.

Thank you everyone for all these ideas!

While we are good at the technical aspects of the game and at presenting them in a format that is easy to understand, we are not really good at entertaining people :P

How about a chat pane, or something cool like a rep system regardless of how worth or not it is like Wowhead, or a 'Lore question of the day poll' at the left nav bar or something you can interact with when you log in to the main page even before starting clicking on forum posts?

Thank you everyone for all these ideas!

While we are good at the technical aspects of the game and at presenting them in a format that is easy to understand, we are not really good at entertaining people Posted Image

Why do you say that? You're definitely wrong, just looking at that amazing tag-ball you guys have keeps me astonished for a long time every time I visit Icy Veins. Damn it, I think it keeps me from writing more posts on the forums, remove it!! :P

Now seriously, I believe your problem to be pretty simple. You have too much good information covering most of what people come here looking for too accesible from the main page, so they don't need to look anywhere else, and they sure don't have to ask on the forums. I'm not saying that should change, its great for us players, though not that good for you, I'm afraid :S

But good luck IV, as I previously said, we love you :) Keep up the good work and you'll be seeing it bringing rewards soon enough ^^

Sign in to follow this