FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mariof

Balance DPS help (Logs included)

Hello,

i'm struggling doing good dps with my balance druid. I have 2set and I'm used to play main heal.

For example on Oregorger (I know I did only pot once on this fight, this is a fault on my side). But I feel I should do another 3,4k dps more with my druid.

I have Shards of nothing and I usually use it with CA, even it has 2min CD. Is this correct?

Gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/antonidas/Losmarios/advanced

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/en/reports/bcY7VWAH3naKwFZP#type=damage-done&fight=10&translate=true

Did I use wrong talents, or are there some problems on my opener or my rotation?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Mario

Start using Incarnation, you only Soul of the Forest on Blast Furnace if your group sucks at killing elementalists and this is like a last resort, and mythic Gruul.

Trinket situation sucks, but go through your opener like this.

(3) Incarnation

(2)Prepot

(1.5)Starsurge

(Pull) Celestial Alignment + Moonfire

Shards + Starfire

Starfire

SS

Starfire x 2

SS

Starfire x 2

SS

Starfire

Moonfire

(CA ends)

I suggest macroing CA just for opener and having a related keybinding that doesn't require shift or ctrl for normal CA use during the fight.

Get mastery enchant on neck, you're overkill on haste as is. You really need to try and get mastery on most your gear, it's what the spec is built around.

As for the log, Incarnation would have given you a huge increase, as well as being itemized optimally. Also oregorger is kind of a tricky display of dps, I'm more concerned that you didn't barkskin at all.

Jus try not to be too concerned with when you wrath and starfire going to each phase and try to get your starsurges higher up in the eclipse like around 70 for lunar and 90 for solar, there's really no point trying to find that sweet spot going from phase to phase because you'll never have it consistently, so just go with the flow.

Hello mariof,

at the moment you do have restro gear equipped at armory so I just had an look into the logs. Starting by Gruul (just because its a mostly none moving, singletarget fight)

- Dotuptime excelent

- Used Starfall twice. If this happend by mistake - ignore it - if not, do not use it for singletarget. Even if you have 3 charges of SS ready (or about to get 3) and already have Lunar Empowerment buff up, you should do another Starsurge rather then Starfall. Its just more DPS

- You should use Incarnation. Everywhere! smile.png

- And as you already noticed yourself: 2nd Int-pot

- You had ~30 Starsurge charges ready for this fight but only used a total of 27. use 'em all

- In general, opener is good

- DPS in general also OK. Didnt see a 2nd trinket in the logs. So I guess you use a healer trinket or that DPs one from Imperator

- If you know, you will use your 2nd/3rd etc (INC)/CA soon, save your Starsurges for it. You did Starsurge a second before using CA. Use it after CA/Moonfire to benefit from increased damage. 00:03:16.197 Losmarios casts Sternensog on Gruul

00:03:17.697 Losmarios casts Himmlische Ausrichtung

00:03:17.697 Losmarios casts Leerensplitter Oregorger:

- What I have seen for Gruul and Oregorger so far is, that you try to save your SScharge for Lunar Eclipse -> very good. (justed wanted to say this)

- Try not to Starsurge the ore crates in p2. Keep Starfall up and Dot every crate around. In general you did very well with moving around, doting and starfalling the crates. You also tried to be in range to Oregorger to keep Dots at him. But you did move too much after the creates were "killed". Try optimizing this not move that much and to Wrath/Starfire Oregorger while he is rolling

Hans&Franz:

- Only Starfall in Lunar while fighting against 2 targets and do not Starfall when Hans jumps away.

- you did very often cast Moonfire or Sunfire 3 times in a row to Hans. I guess you where dodging the presses?. Here a tip to keep movement as less as possible: Stay as much as possible in the gaps while belt is moving. E.g. you can avoid the Plates without even really moving. Just stay at the gaps between the belt. And if, lets say, a plate will pass by your right side, just move an inch to the left end of this particular gap (not too far left or you will be on the moving belt wink.png). The plate will pass by your right side without harming you. Same is for Presses. The only moment you want to move is, ofc, both side will be hit by an press

Flamebender:

- Dot both Wolves and keep Starfall up all time as long as the wolves are alive

- A lil mistake within you opener. You did Starfire-Starsurge-CA-Moonfire-Starfire-Starsurge

- You saved your 2nd CA for wolves. excellent. But here the same. You should Dot them all and keep Starfall up

Kromog:

- good smile.png

- especially good..you saved your 2nd CA for 2nd hands spawn. very nice

Maidens:

- Keep Starfall up...up up up. every time! If 1 Boss jumps to the boat. Keep Starfall (like at Hand&Franz) up in Lunar only. When Boss gets back and you have 3 targets keep it up again at every time.

- At pull. When you use CA, first Dot every Boss, then star casting Starfires etc (you doing this later very well)

==> You, sir, know how to play Boomi. You know the Basics (most of them) and you doing Ok so far. You will improve yourself with more DPS when you will start using INCARNATION and the 2nd intpotion. The numbers would be significant higher with this talent.

Edited by Bonita

Thanks for the great feedback!

@randytaylor

I'll try and use Incarnation and modify the opener - I didn't know that this will be a good dps advantage!

CA is macro'ed to trinket (and keybound)

I'll change the enchant to mastery - was haste because of resto and need more dps as resto at butcher mythic ;-)

Barskin use was bad - thanks for getting this to my attention

@bonita

I will logout later today with balance gear - 2nd trinket is Imperator normal (655)

Regarding SS - If I have 3 charges ready, I should use SS even if lunar empowerment is up? Didn't know this, thanks.

Incarnation - as said above I'll try it

Thanks for the boss tipps! My movement at Hans&Franz was not very good, I lost alot dps because of movement and only thing I could do was to dot. 

A special thanks to you for not only telling me how to do better, but also showing where I'm already quite good at 

Edited by mariof

@bonita

Regarding SS - If I have 3 charges ready, I should use SS even if lunar empowerment is up? Didn't know this, thanks.

Yes smile.png know why? Your Starfall hits for an average 5k per hit. 5k times 10 (10 hits for 1 starfall use) = 50k dps

Your Starsurge hits for an average of 55k dpssmile.png

Thanks for the boss tipps! My movement at Hans&Franz was not very good, I lost alot dps because of movement and only thing I could do was to dot. 

A special thanks to you for not only telling me how to do better, but also showing where I'm already quite good at 

No prob, anytime. Feel free to report back anytime smile.png

Edited by Bonita

You should starfall when there's 2 targets, no matter if you're in lunar or solar.

Looking at your iron maidens kill:

Starfall average - 4735.7

Starsurge average - 55070.1

Starfire average - 55575.0

Wrath average - 27773.3

1 starfall hits 10 times per target, so 94714.0 per cast.

(Assuming you had 0 empowered starfires/wraths, which is obviously not the case) Starsurge + 2x 30% Starfire is 55070.1 + 0.6*55575.0 which is a total of 88415.1

Now you can argue that casting starfall only under lunar increases the average starfall dmg, but you can check any of the top mythic logs (which all have over 80% uptime on starfall when not on a boat btw) and the results will be the same smile.png

Edited by Archieie

You should starfall when there's 2 targets, no matter if you're in lunar or solar.

Looking at your iron maidens kill:

Starfall average - 4735.7

Starsurge average - 55070.1

Starfire average - 55575.0

Wrath average - 27773.3

1 starfall hits 10 times per target, so 94714.0 per cast.

(Assuming you had 0 empowered starfires/wraths, which is obviously not the case) Starsurge + 2x 30% Starfire is 55070.1 + 0.6*55575.0 which is a total of 88415.1

Now you can argue that casting starfall only under lunar increases the average starfall dmg, but you can check any of the top mythic logs (which all have over 80% uptime on starfall when not on a boat btw) and the results will be the same smile.png

Nope sorry you are wrong.

U can..makes your life easier, but u shouldnt Starfall in Solar with 2 targets, just because ...

... Starfall was nerfed with 6.1 two weeks ago, any Logfiles from later that day can not be "trusted"

... your math is just too simple and is missing of some facts..one important fact is, that if you save 1 charge by not wasting it on Starfall in Solar, you will have this saved charge available in Lunar for a Starfall and a Starsurge, giving you the Lunar Empowerment buff. Those two single Starfire casts with that buff up and ofc Starsurge just before, will give you more than Starfall in Solar at 2s

... of course they have 80% and above uptime. More than 80% of the fight you will face against all 3 targets.

... Just because they do Starfall in Solar at 2s and are ranked by killing mythic Maidens or Hans&Franz, doesnt really mean they are doing the right thing because only few guilds/players had killed that boss so far. The worst playing Moonkin in WOW could at the moment be ranked in mythic if he raids with a progressguild which already has almost cleared BRF lol (yea i know very much ironic)