FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jiern

Haste thresholds for Frost 2H?

Noob question, but is there a point (obviously outside of haste cap) where I should stop stacking haste in favor of Versatility/Multistrike?  I seem to remember skimming one of these forums and seeing a comment that stated after @ 30% haste you should stop stacking it, but I'm not seeing much of anyhting to support that outside that one obscure reference.  Thanks in advance for the help!

I don't know the exact figure, but the reason why haste has a cap (this is true not only for Frost) is because you will eventually get resource capped. Your GCD will be very low, and your runes will regen faster than you can spend them, which means more Haste will not result in any DPS increase.

Much appreciated. I understand the logic behind it, but like you I just don't know exactly at what percentage the line is drawn.  I've been squatting on the 30% (1100 haste) area for a while and I'm feeling like I could go higher. 

~1000 haste is the softcap for rune regen. Haste is still the 2nd best stat after Multristrike after 1000 though, but it's no longer the best stat. if you happen to hit like 1300 haste drops all the way to fourth and Versatility/Crit become roughly tied for 2nd best stat

~1000 haste is the softcap for rune regen. Haste is still the 2nd best stat after Multristrike after 1000 though, but it's no longer the best stat. if you happen to hit like 1300 haste drops all the way to third and Versatility/Crit become roughly tied for 2nd best stat

Wouldnt that make haste 4th after 1300? Out of interest is there a way to track rune in warcraftlogs? easy enough to check if your capping runic power but I cant find a way to track runes