FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Roblinz

Simulationcraft contradicting itself?

Ok so I have Heroic Destablized Sandals w/ socket
I just got Mythic Destablized Sandals w/o sicket.
In the heroic version i have a 50 mastery gem. After simming myself with each item the Heroic boots w/ the socket are a 10 dps increase over the mythic boots. That difference is minute I know but I am confused as to why the Heroic ones sim higher. After also simming my stat weights without boots and finding that int has a weight of 5.52 and mastery a weight of 3.14 I would assume that the Mythic pair would be better. This doesnt take into account that I am also gaining 21 haste with the mythic boots. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Oltier
Made the format readable

You already got an answer over at mmo champion so not sure why a new thread was required. Stat weights are largely irrelevant, but gem sockets are worth quite a few ilvl.

I'd still use the Mythic ones though, but try simming them again with more iterations.

I got 2 different answers over there, each saying the the opposite was correct. The third was a statement that makes sense but didnt really answer the question. I posted here as well because why is it a bad idea to have as many opinions as possible that i can then form my conclusion. Also, some people may read this forum and not MMO.

Edited by Roblinz

I suppose that's fair.

As I said, the socket (+50 Mastery) counts for a lot, however I'd probably stick with the Mythic ones out of preference. The boots are incredibly close in value, I'm not sure how simcraft is really contradicting itself, though that isn't to say that it's a perfect tool.

Personally I would go with the mythic ones as overall they have a higher value worth (in my opinion) for my stats. 

Do you have an addon such as Pawn? In game you feed your stat weights into it and it will calculate how much an item is worth. You can do the same on websites as well. As to Simcraft then yes I think with such small differences in numbers it is more likely to go wrong. This is an uninformed guess though.