FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hearts

[Balance] Need some Blackhand phase 2 tips

Ive just run into a slight problem, it could be that im just a bad player on Blackhand but ive run into a slight problem during phase 2.

As a Boomkin im usually sent up to the balcony, but as a boomkin im also getting marked for death and i have no clue what to do here. At one point i have to stand close to the tank as DBM doesnt say when he does the knockback ability but on the other hand if im too close to the tank im too far away from the siege engines.

This has ended up with either me not being sent up at all or it ends with me being marked for death and too far away from siege engine to make it. I simply dont know what to do, it could be anything from my fault to bad siege engine kite. 

The Shattering Smash is on a set timer and your boss mod should show a timer for it. If not, try to update or configure DBM, otherwise install BigWigs. 

I don't think I've ever seen the smash and the mark coincide, so as far as I know it shouldn't cause any trouble. As a druid you have excellent mobility thanks to Cat Form, Stampeding Roar, Dash, Displacer Beast and Wild Charge, which allows you to always get on top of the boss in time. Camping close to the boss is convenient but not needed at all. 

Should the siege happen to be in an incredibly awkward position, you could ask a melee or tank to intercept the mark for you or have someone else go on that particular balcony instead. This shouldn't happen often though.

Hello Hearts,

I know this situation. You are assigned to jump up to the balcony but some seconds before you get Mark of Death. Sucks.

If I get Mark of Death and there is no Siegetank available, a Tank or a Plate DD will take it for me. If Siege is available move with the Siege and afterwards instantly blink and Roar/runspeed to Blackhand

Problem is that ive only done it in pugs so far so any "Let a tank take it" wont work without someone yelling at me :P

I think the issue is that DBM doesnt show Shattering slam cooldown, that would solve my problem, i will see if i can fix it the next time im there :P

Thanks for thelp

Problem is that ive only done it in pugs so far so any "Let a tank take it" wont work without someone yelling at me tongue.png

I think the issue is that DBM doesnt show Shattering slam cooldown, that would solve my problem, i will see if i can fix it the next time im there tongue.png

Thanks for thelp

You don't need a cooldown for that, actually, Shattering comes exactly at 100 energy, also there's a basic sequence (Shatter >Siegemaker>1st Marks>2nd Marks>3rd Marks>Shatter>Siegemaker...).

My guild handles this a simple way: the only way one of the flyers getting a Mark is the 3rd ones (since you'd want to jump off the balcony as soon as the 2nd set of Marks is out), since we destroy the Siegemaker right after the 2nd set of Marks to avoid mortar fire, and getting 3rd Marks eaten by the offtank by asking people affected to come together and him standing in the way.

In case of the flyer being affected - he just stands in melee right behind the offtank, and moves into the Smash as soon as Blackhand is finished with the Marks.

Edited by Teufel