SimC showing Mult > Crit for my 668 Feral

SimC scaled my stats as the following:

Agi     6.56

Mult   2.77

Crit    2.59

Vers  2.39

Mast  2.31

Haste 2.18

At 668 with zero tier, is this normal?  Will crit become more valuable once I get 675+?  Or has the weights changed and no one has caught on to it yet?

Edit:  This is with the current version of SimC (6.10-06), btw.

Edited by daemon9

Stat weights are NOT based off item level.  Two characters with the same item level can have drastically different stats.

There is a chance that something could have been wrong with the profile or that your current gear set-up is already crit heavy.  To know for sure, you should link your armory page so that someone else could run a simulation on you to verify results.

Stat weights are NOT based off item level.  Two characters with the same item level can have drastically different stats.

There is a chance that something could have been wrong with the profile or that your current gear set-up is already crit heavy.  To know for sure, you should link your armory page so that someone else could run a simulation on you to verify results.

Oops, I knew I forgot something.  Here you go: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/S%C3%B8ulshift/simple

The weightings for Crit and Multistrike are very close, so if the simulator is trying to follow the formula strictly, it will think you don't have enough Multistrike. But the fact is, Critical Strike has synergy with your rotation and passives that Multistrike doesn't, so it's always going to outrank balancing the amount of Multistrike on your gear.

The weightings for Crit and Multistrike are very close, so if the simulator is trying to follow the formula strictly, it will think you don't have enough Multistrike. But the fact is, Critical Strike has synergy with your rotation and passives that Multistrike doesn't, so it's always going to outrank balancing the amount of Multistrike on your gear.

Yeah I don't understand.  Wouldn't SimC take into account the importance of crit due to the synergy you say it has with the rotation?  I've run the sim multiple times and keep getting Mult > Crit as I stated in my original post.  Also, I didn't think scaling was looking at stat amount rather than checking to see which stat is more effective.

Yeah I don't understand.  Wouldn't SimC take into account the importance of crit due to the synergy you say it has with the rotation?  I've run the sim multiple times and keep getting Mult > Crit as I stated in my original post.  Also, I didn't think scaling was looking at stat amount rather than checking to see which stat is more effective.

So for whatever reason, this is what Simcraft is going to give you. It's not exactly logical, but it might be the best solution for your character's item level. I plugged those weights that Simcraft into Ask Mr. Robot using the generic Feral shell, and the solution it gave me was Mark of the Thunderlord (Crit) on the weapon, but Multistrike enchants on everything else and Multistrike gems wherever available.

Also, this has got to be a single-target priority - if you have AoE then it's going to tilt Mastery much closer to the top.

Finally had the chance to sim your character (sorry it took so long).

Simcraft will optimize for the fight encounter that you set it up to perform.  If that were Patchwerk (single target), then it assumes that you will be sitting behind a target dummy without any movement.  To have it show the importance of crit on this sort of fight, I would say that you should alter the player skill setting.  The less optimally you play the spec, in terms of resource management, the more important combo point generation becomes (hence crit being valued so highly).  Looking at the armory, you aren't a "Mythic" raider, I would say that you definitely shouldn't be using the elite player setting.

To achieve what I think you are looking for (seeing how one stat interacts with another), the tool you should be using is the reforge plot option.  They take a long time, but you will see on a chart as one stat moves down how the other is affected.

As to why it is indicating that Multistrike is higher than crit. You do not have much Multistrike on your current gear set.  The stat weights are showing that if you were to gain a small amount of extra secondary stats, you will gain more damage from Multistrike than you would Crit.