Tier and Such... Ramblings

2 posts in this topic

Have you lost that Loving Feeling?

How is 6.1 treating you and your Tier bonuses?

As Holy, that 2pc is feeling really nice. As predicted by most of the world wide interwebz, it crushed any attempt the 20% buff to Clarity of Purpose had to be a starter in our lineup as we work our way through Blackrock Foundry. 4pc Holy has its limited place on fights like Gruul and Kromog for PoH, otherwise it is seeing a jump in hasted Heal on other encounters. All in all, I would have rather seen Clarity of Purpose be relevant but the gap is slowly closing on Discipline. Enough for the narrow minded Raid Leaders' Red-Headed Step-Healer, let’s see how your older, wiser, stronger sibling is doing.

Now Discipline, how can I put a positive spin on this. Even with the 10% nerf implemented to PWS, it is still worth it to cut short the 2pc bonus mid channel, if will overheal, and cast that new, weaker, PWS! Does that sell you?! Let me try again. The Discipline 4pc will reduce the cost of our old SoO favorite, outside of /AFK-Atonement, ..Spirit Shell. Prayer of Healing does so well combined with Empowered Archangel, you couldn't wait to see your old friend and hope its reruns would play on in perpetuity in your rotation. Be honest, did you approach Gruul with renewed vigor like I did. Placing that point into Spirit Shell with a sense of pride or even a Rite of Passage for Discipline to take it back, place it in your arsenal, and Just Win.

"Please wipe, please wipe", I whispered. I didn't line up Archangel after the 3rd tank swap and I spent the next 2 Inferno slices holding AA to get back in sync, that had to be it. OK, here we go, second chance. NO, I don't know how the tank died.

Well, Gruul died, so did Kromog, and the rest of the bosses we thought Spirit Shell would have a chance on. Along with their deaths, so died Discipline's dreams of adding another button to our PWS rotation this patch. Swap back to your Mythic Highmaul gear or Blackrock Foundry Cache loot; sit all but 2 of your 5 tier pieces. Blizzard be damned if we are giving up the 2pc though! You never know how many times during trash your tanks will need the full channel of Penance, and think of all the time/mana your saving building Evangelism. Yea, you show those tier pieces who’s boss of our button mashing and that coveted spot in your Equipment Manager “Raid.”

"Anyone have a Tome to give me? I need Power Infusion back. Maverick told me Spirit Shell has lost that loving feeling, it’s Gone, Gone, Gone...."

2 people like this

Remember, Holy got the PWS nerf too, so there's that. And I wouldn't say Discipline would be the older, as it used to be a lost puppy trying to find its place in the world :)

I feel the pain of not having talent choices, and it is very undesirable.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kathriana
      Guild Vengeance (Alonsus) is recruiting for hc/mythic raids in legion!
      We are a mature 18+ guild with a core team of experienced players. Atm we are raiding EN hc, our progress is 7/7 hc. We are ready to start on mythic and are currently looking for active and dedicated players to complete our raiding team. Our raiding days: wed, thus, mon 20-23 ST.
      What we expect from players: Have you char raid ready with appropriate raiding specs, enchants, gems and consumables, for a raiding rank to be able to attend at least 2-3 raids per week, be prepared with tactics and have at least some heroic raiding experience. Be mature and have positive raiding attitude.
      What we will provide: As a guild we have existed since TBC and we have cleared all raids on heroic and mythic difficulty in previous expansions. During our raids we make sure that we have solid tactics that is always adjusted to the group composition, we provide fast and effective problem solving if there are any issues occurring during the encounter. And most importantly we have a good and enjoyable raiding atmosphere, we make sure we progress, kill bosses and have fun at the same time!
      Who we are recruiting: Currently we are looking for Ranged DPS. Any other exceptional applicants might be considered.
      To Apply:
      For any questions:VR1#2581
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Midrange Purify Priest Wild deck.
    • By Narii625
      ABOUT US
      We are a very social guild LFM for progression/semi-casual raiding and leveling. 
      When we say "semi-casual," we mean that we raid two days for three hours, can laugh about a wipe but are still serious about progression. We plan to do Normal raids (not for long) before going on to Heroic and Mythic.
      New players and all levels welcomed. We are VERY new player and new role friendly and have a few new players in the raid group already. We will work with you and get you trained up. So don't worry! 
      We do have some PvPers and an experienced RBG leader so PvP isn't out of the question.
      We're almost always on Discord and we joke around a lot. Some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. (Recommended 18+)
      Currently we are using the EPGP system ( The addon EPGP (DKP Reloaded), EPGP Lootmaster, DBM, and GTFO are required to be downloaded and kept up-to-date on raid nights.
      Fridays & Sundays 8pm - 11pm PST. (10pm - 1am Server Time.) NOTE: Flasks, foods, potions, and enchants will be provided for raiders on a first-come first-serve basis. People who contribute to the guild bank will also have preference. Guild repairs provided on raid nights. Trials will be provided with the aforementioned items if we can spare them after the main raiders. CURRENT PROGRESSION
      Emerald Nightmare, [7/7N] [3/7H] OTHER EVENTS
      Saturday is for Mythics/other events. Though we do stuff throughout the week. Most of us have work or school so it depends. We have an event coming up on 10/25 (Saturday) for the release of patch 7.1 Return to Karazhan! WHAT WE HAVE ROOM FOR**
      Shadow Priest Balance Druid Mage Elemental Shaman **In order of what we need the most!!
      If you are interested please fill out the application on our website!
      In-Game Name: Sylarii, ID: Narii#1891
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our N'Zoth Resurrect Priest Wild deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Velen OTK Priest Wild deck.