FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redsuns

WW Monk DPS rotation help please

Hey All, I've been surfing the forums for awhile now trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong in my rotation. I'm not sure if I am opening incorrectly or just doing a really bad job maintaining my dps once I start. I came back from a long hiatus like a lot of people and picked up a wind walker Monk over my original warlock and found it way more challenging.

My Monk can be found here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/archimonde/Redsuns/simple.

Since noticing my issue with DPS I have been combat logging to try and compare between follow guild monks.

They can be found http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/f4e6d844-67f4-48e9-a352-04a62c31dbe1/report/1#v=0,d=0

Tonight's raid is here https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TZJV18qD4gcWLaXk#fight=7&source=14.

I should mention I have been sticking to Chi Exp because my serenity rotation is really rough(ss Xuen -> RSK -> TP-> Chi Brew ->Chi Brew -> Serenity -> Bok -> Bok ->Bok -> Bok -> Bok-> RSK((if it off CD or another Bok)) -> BOK -BOK-> BoK-> TEB->FoF).I open FSK, Xuen, and Exp Harm, Jab, RSK,TP, JAB,TB, Jab, Jab,Chi Exp,RSK,Chi Exp, TB, FOF. Then try to maintain that RSK and TP debuff, mainly though I am spamming TB and Chi Exp as much as I can and FOF when it is off CD. The sucky part is I seem to maintain a 23-25k even after getting new gear, this is the same DPS I was putting out in highmaul. It be great to get a recommended rotation, I'm still trying to figure out how guild mates go in with a 40k opener and barely drop. Typically they sit mid to high 30's which is where I'm assuming I should be.  Any help would be a great, if I have to break myself of my bad ways so be it. I will happily learn a new rotation and try to fix things. Thank you much, I really want to be able to contribute correctly on guild runs. 

This is the opener I use as Windwalker (this wouldn't change with Chi Explosion):

Prepot and right-click boss

FSK to melee range

Xuen

Chi Brew

Tiger Palm

Chi Brew

Rising Sun Kick

Jab/EH to 4 Chi

TEB+Fists of Fury

Continue rotation - good time to use Energizing Brew after the next couple Jabs

Notice that I used Tiger Palm before RSK in the opener, using a weak ability to buff a powerful one rather than the other way around. From that point on, my goal is to keep 100% uptime on Tiger Power, use RSK and FoF as many times as possible and spend as much Energy as possible on Jab without missing uses of RSK and FoF or Combo Breaker procs.

Of concern in your log:

- Must use potions/flasks if you are serious about performance

- No usage of Troll racial

- RSK and Tiger Power both fell off

- Energy was capped many times, wasting generation

- Missed uses of FoF

- First use of EB was delayed

- Usage of Combo Breaker procs was delayed

This is the opener I use as Windwalker (this wouldn't change with Chi Explosion):

Prepot and right-click boss

FSK to melee range

Xuen

Chi Brew

Tiger Palm

Chi Brew

Rising Sun Kick

Jab/EH to 4 Chi

TEB+Fists of Fury

Continue rotation - good time to use Energizing Brew after the next couple Jabs

Notice that I used Tiger Palm before RSK in the opener, using a weak ability to buff a powerful one rather than the other way around. From that point on, my goal is to keep 100% uptime on Tiger Power, use RSK and FoF as many times as possible and spend as much Energy as possible on Jab without missing uses of RSK and FoF or Combo Breaker procs.

Of concern in your log:

- Must use potions/flasks if you are serious about performance

- No usage of Troll racial

- RSK and Tiger Power both fell off

- Energy was capped many times, wasting generation

- Missed uses of FoF

- First use of EB was delayed

- Usage of Combo Breaker procs was delayed

Thank you Tarazet, I will take your suggestions and work them into my rotation and change the concerns.

Does that mean you delay Serenity until after the TeB+FoF?

Yes. The chance that you'll miss an opportunity to use Serenity because you delayed the first one another 5 seconds, is fairly small.

Does that mean you delay Serenity until after the TeB+FoF?

And honestly, you're really not "missing" your TEB with the Serenity.  If you're fast enough/efficient enough with your opener rotation, you'll be finishing Serenity right about the same time TEB falls off, if not just a little bit afterwards.  It's negligible.

Try this opener. Start with 5 chi.

Pre-Pot / Roll in

Tiger Palm

RSK

Chi Brew

Blackout Kick

Chi Brew

Blackout Kick

Jab + TEB + On Uses

FoF

Jab

Serenity

Spam BoK

Then with Ascension you should do this. Start with 6 Chi.

Pre-Pot / Roll In

Tiger Palm

RSK

Jab

Chi Explosion

Jab

Jab

Chi Explosion

Jab

Jab

TEB + On Uses

FoF

Energizing Brew

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting range DPS & Tank. We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 7/11 Mythic Antorus. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:15 PM until 12:15 AM Eastern. Currently, our main goal is to push Mythic progression & finish out the raid before next patch, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us, because we will not be doing Heroic or anything like that.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated. In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      As far as classes are concerned, at this time, we do not have ANY rogues, DPS warriors, havoc DH, or wind walkers.
      If you are interested, add me to battle tag and we will talk (violentravi#1826), I will accept mostly anyone who wants to be a bench or casual, but for raiding purposes, you must be able to provide logs.  If you cannot get ahold of me in game, I work nights, please shoot me an email, I check it at work often and I can get ahold of other officers via text/discord if it's urgent! [email protected]
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Cmx
      Hello fellow monks,
      i came here for help, i feel like i underperforming on most single target situation. My big problem is, i have such a low dmg from FoF, i dont even know why. I must do something very wrong with my FoF. Can please someone look at this and try to find why iam such a lefthanded ?
      I ready every guides, i still learning with Serenity, but i think its not major problem, why i have 10M dmg lowest on FoF dmg then others.

Thank you !!

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Cmx/advanced

i compare logs with random players with similiar ilvl, same encounter time etc,
      Mythic Nythendra logs:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/LM7V6zpZKWdrwNmF/7rbC1QFNd98qRjvH#fight=4,8&source=3,Nutellã&type=damage-done
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/LM7V6zpZKWdrwNmF/L1jZXxcTqYWANka3#fight=4,23&source=3,Dangleesac&type=damage-done
      Mythic Elerethe logs:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/LM7V6zpZKWdrwNmF/VA8jx2MLqY6phzJ1#fight=20,6&source=3,Rüsselcrowe&type=damage-done
      Mythic Ursoc logs:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/LM7V6zpZKWdrwNmF/QRV4YzvpcxJhrtjm#fight=13,5&source=3,Mithrilangel&type=damage-done
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/LM7V6zpZKWdrwNmF/kZ1rXq2xLhfPmbCF#fight=13,6&source=3,Lavinath&type=damage-done

• By Cerenitee
      Moist is a Horde guild located on Illidan and is recruiting for our Core Mythic raid group. We are a 9 hour raiding guild making quick progression through The Emerald Nightmare!

We are currently looking to fill Core DPS/Healing raid spots.

Current Recruitment Needs

Damage:
      Monk: Windwalker
      Hunter: Marksmen
      Paladin: Ret
      Priest: Shadow

Healers:
      Druid: Resto
      Paladin: Holy

Other specs will be considered assuming you can perform to a superior standard.

Current Progression

The Emerald Nightmare
      7/7 Normal
      5/7 Heroic

Raid Times

Monday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST
      Tuesday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST
      Wednesday - 8:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us

<Moist> is a guild that strives to push progression with a very short raid week. We expect our top raiders to know the insides and outs of their class and come to raid prepared. With a 9 hour raid week we expect everyone to play the best to their ability. Outside of raid nights we have plenty of activities happening ranging from alt runs, mount runs to other games outside of WoW such as League of Legends, HoTs, Hearthstone, and random steam games just to name a few.

What we expect from you:
      A reasonable level of dedication
      The ability to take criticism
      The ability to learn from your mistakes
      Something, something sense of humor

What to expect from us:
      Friendly environment
      People to laugh, and have fun with
      Progress oriented raid nights
      Optional non-raid-night activities (mog and mount runs, BGs, Arenas)

Loot
      We are currently using Personal Loot. So far everyone really seems to be enjoying it. There is a lot less drama with Personal Loot than the normal Master loot most guilds do.

If you're interested in learning more about us or applying to the guild please apply at Guildismoist.enjin.com - Click on the Recruitment tab on the menu bar. If you have any questions please feel free to message us in game or post below.

Quakenbush
      Cerenitie (Cerenitee#1650)
      Pip (Piptooth#1430)
    • By Rogmaw
      So i was lucky enough to get Drinking Horn Cover for my WW. 

I was playing around with it today and i noticed something. It seems you should get the Energizing Elixir talent. Reason being is that if you manage to pull off the rotation properly then you can actually be able to use Fist of Fury twice before the Storm, Earth and Fire clones expires. This makes it really good considering the artifact passives that affect FoF with and without SEaF.

Rotation
      Currently, i'm seeing this rotation to be the most effective:
      x2 Tiger Palm > Touch of Death > Storm, Earth and Fire > Fist of Fury > Strike of the Windlord > RSK > Blacout Kick until FoF's off CD. (Make sure you have chi when that happens)
      The idea is to increase the chi spent as much as possible in between cooldowns, while still making sure that the very millisecond it goes off cooldown you have 3 chi to spend on it.

Downside?
      In order to make sure your SEaF are still up until the end of FoF, you can not use Whirling Dragon Punch during SEaF.  AFAIK, you can't change talents to compensate for that. Serenity doesn't work with the legendary and I have no theoretical number on Chi Orbit You can't rely on combo strikes on every single hit as you need to burn chi fast by spamming Blackout kick Question then is, does the downside far outweigh the upside, should i not prioritize double FoF?
    • By GreyRL
      Tornado Kicks - "Rising Sun Kick strikes an additional time for 25% additional damage."
      Transfer the Power - "Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick increase damage dealt by your next Fists of Fury by 3%, stacking up to 10 times."

My question is - does the extra strike of Rising Sun Kick give an extra stack on top of Transfer the Power? If I was to use Rising Sun Kick, would I gain 2 stacks of Transfer the Power instead of just 1?