FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tekko

MfD vs Ant - Combat

So the guide on this site says MfD is 1/2% better than Anticipation, but having looked at a fair few Rogues, they all choose Anticipation.

I was wondering why, as on my Rogue alt, I rarely cap energy and you can also use Evis at any time (unlike Envenom with Assassination).  With so many add fights, you can also abuse MfD.

Can anyone explain why Anticipation is the better choice?  Rogues are picking it before the 4 set bonus.

Edited by Tekko

Anticipation is passive, MfD requires active usage.

I played mut through SoO and have been mut since then, but I've recently been trying combat just for heavy add fights now that I have two decent slow weapons, and I notice I have to try very hard to gain anticipation stacks. I'm so used to all the overflow from Seal Fate.

It would probably be useful for saving up 5 charges and 5 cp, and having some extra damage when you need it. But then the same could be said of MfD, where you get 5 cp on-demand. And for most add-heavy fights, the adds die quickly enough to have almost constant 5 cp finishers without any ramp up time.

Anticipation enables you to store CP's for your bandit guile buffs - I dont evis unless i have 9++ CP's unless I have the red buff where I spam 5p Evis's.

MFD pulls ahead when adds die quickly and you are comfortable using this skill, but in single target or where adds die slowly (Brakenspore is the most obvious exmaple) I prefere Anticipation as its less clunky and enables me to store CP's for when my damage is higest.

Anticipation enables you to store CP's for your bandit guile buffs - I dont evis unless i have 9++ CP's unless I have the red buff where I spam 5p Evis's.

MFD pulls ahead when adds die quickly and you are comfortable using this skill, but in single target or where adds die slowly (Brakenspore is the most obvious exmaple) I prefere Anticipation as its less clunky and enables me to store CP's for when my damage is higest.

Thanks, this answer makes sense.

Is storing combo points for red insight a proven dps gain?  Or is it the favoured choice because it's easier to manage and the difference is 1-2%.

Edited by Tekko

Yes, it's a DPS gain and yes, it's easier to manage and the difference is rather small. Else if you're minmaxing, Anticipation makes your gameplay way more smoother MfD.

Edited by lipsinch

Yes, it's a DPS gain and yes, it's easier to manage and the difference is rather small. Else if you're minmaxing, Anticipation makes your gameplay way more smoother.

I meant is it a DPS gain over MfD (with no error), as I don't see how one additional Evis at increased 20% damage would do that.

I know if you pick the anticipation talent then you have to do this.

In a perfect world with perfect rotation then MfD is a small DPS increase (AFAIK).

I also prefer anticipiation when target switching as you are storing CP's, you can insta cast a 5p Rupture as soon as you switch with minimal fuss. Personally I prefer the options anticipation offers over the small dps increase MfD may provide in a perfect rotation unless you can take advantage of the CD mechanics of the MfD.