FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Altoholik

Very low dps with combat rogue :( can you help improve?

Hello guys,

At first sorry for my bad english.

Im really beginner with DPSSing, last 3 years i tanked with druid.

The problem is one - i have very awfull dps, and i dont know why....

Rotation?

Talents?

Gear?

Well, i hope here i meet someone who can help me, because im frustrated by that situation..

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/altoholik/advanced

My logs from yesterday (brf hc): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/L8mwY7bxXkFG4ABj

My logs from today:(hm nm) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qknm4xryjvLFcTfA/

If you can help me please, im desperated.

Change your weapon enchant - use haste one;

Change your 2nd trinket when possible;

Glyph of Deadly Momentum is not that good for raiding, switch for Energy;

Glyph of Stealth is useless in a raid environment - put Disappearance;

Give preference using Elusiveness, it can help you a lot on overall damage. Once you proc Cheat Death, if you're in a bad spot, it's instagib;

As for logs:

Revealing Strike uptime is low;

SnD uptime is low;

Vanish usage is low;

Adrenaline Rush should be used nearly on cooldown all times, and right AFTER Killing Spree;

No Preparation usage;

Lack of Prepot and pot @ combat.

Things to focus for now - worry about these in order:

- Stay calm and setup a tracking interface - read this thread;

- Increase Revealing Strike and SnD max uptime;

- Use Adrenaline Rush more often - casts should be near Killing Spree cast quantity;

- Use Vanish more often (and switch the Stealth glyph for the Disappearance one - it'll ensure you to have it available every 1 min for a quick free Ambush);

- Use a pot before pull and on your next heavy damaging phase (I.E. Deep Insight Killing Spree, Adrenaline Rush, Hero and so);

- Weave in Preparation usage after first Vanish;

And for last but not least important - have fun.

Thank you for fast response!

One question - Glyph of Blade furry.... Should i change to that glyph at fights, when are many mobs?

@lipsinch, how i can contact with you in game, if there is possibility? :)

That glyph isn't useful. It'd only be useful if you needed to slow a big quantity of adds for a mechanic or so (which is completely unlikely to happen for a good while)

As for you gear, I just mentioned about your weapon and trinket. I'm no expert on gear, so I can give you only the basic info towards that. =l

I disagree on Glyph of Deadly Momentum for AoE fights with adds that die off. It can keep your SnD up without having to cast it very many times. But it's only good on fights like Beastlord, Thogar, etc. My 3rd glyph changes depending on the fight (Energy and Disappearance are always used). It will change between Deadly Momentum, Feint, Sprint, and Smoke Bomb or Recovery only if healers need help.

For talents, I have personally gone for Cheat Death over Elusiveness so far this expansion and it saves me all the time from things a buffed Feint might not. Also, from your current spec, I would def drop Cloak & Dagger for Shadowstep for all situations.

The only additional thing I will mention for DPS rotation (make sure to get comfortable doing the things lipsinch mentions first) is lining up KS, AR, and/or Ambush with Deep Insight whenever it makes sense. This can be a lot more difficult to do, but usually one of them can be used during Deep Insight. Usually using two Ambushes during my first Deep Insight will delay the second one just enough to fit KS into it.

Edited by Darkacheron

I disagree on Glyph of Deadly Momentum for AoE fights with adds that die off. It can keep your SnD up without having to cast it very many times. But it's only good on fights like Beastlord, Thogar, etc. My 3rd glyph changes depending on the fight (Energy and Disappearance are always used). It will change between Deadly Momentum, Feint, Sprint, and Smoke Bomb or Recovery only if healers need help.

It only procs if you get the killing blow, and isn't reliable. I would recommend taking a glyph you'll get more use out of, such as CoS 

Cheat Death should be taken over Elusiveness only when you can cheese a mechanic with it. Else, the situations that proc it off will probably kill you next, so it's not really reliable. Elusiveness becomes more efficient because paired with other CDs (or even alone) it can mitigate A LOT of damage for almost nothing.

Cheat Death should be taken over Elusiveness only when you can cheese a mechanic with it. Else, the situations that proc it off will probably kill you next, so it's not really reliable. Elusiveness becomes more efficient because paired with other CDs (or even alone) it can mitigate A LOT of damage for almost nothing.

The other situation is if you're pugging a fight like Koragh, and you need to make sure that none of the randoms screw something up and kill you. It's a safety net; passively there, but doesn't actually help you perform better

The flip side of that is you can't do much with Cheat Death - you can Feint and help with lots of mechanics, such as the Acid Torrent on Oregorger