FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nalar

Ret pally looking for help

hi all

well im new-ish to retri pala , but not raiding after being ranged for the last 4 years but I feel that at my ilvl my dps is lacking, could one of you guys help me out and decipher the loggs and see where im going wrong at my ilvl im only doing around 20k dps, ive read all your guilds and they are fantastic the only thing I can think off is its my gear as well as other aspects, I do have the operators control rod in my bags instead of the blackhands hammer if needed.

armoury : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/calis/simple

loggs :

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/g0311d7jbi7fd9pt/sum/damageDone/

thanks in advance

nalar

and so sorry about the forum topic forgot to take it off as copy/paste doesn't work for me so have to manually enter the links

also changed some enchants over to get my haste up to see if that helps

Edited by Nalar

Change DP talent to SW for single target, DP is good in multiple target fights and when you have the 2 or 4 piece tier set.

I'm looking at your gruul kill since that's the easiest to read. Seems like you only had 73% uptime on censur?, looked like you only had your seal up for 68% of the fight according to the log. And you had 12 procs of divine crusader, but only used 9 divine storms.

You want to use divine storm when you have Final verdict proc + divine crusader proc, you might not get to use every divine crusader proc, since they can overlap if you don't have a final verdict proc at the time tho.

You used 21 exorcisms and had 15 exorcism! procs, so in a perfect world you could've used 35 or something of them, all tho it's lower on the priority list without the 4 set bonus. 

You only used avenging wrath twice in a 5 min+ fight, where you could've used 3, which also hurts your dps

With your Ilvl you should be able to pull at least 27-30k single target i think, switching to SW will help you a lot.

With SW your opener will be: On uses + avenging wrath, then hammer of wrath > execution sentence > hammer of wrath > Crusader strike > Hammer of Wrath > final verdict > Hammer of wrath etc.

Haven't played ret in the last couple of weeks (went prot/holy instead), so someone else might have other and better inputs, but that's what i could decipher from the logs

thanks for the feedback , anyone else find anything that im not doing properly then let me know please.

I died on gruul that's why I didn't use the 3rd proc of avenging wrath .

just done a couple of runs with SW and omg its a totally different feel (well it is for me) after having DP in my arsenal for so long, but the avenging wrath burst feels good with SW tho but just need to fine tune what to use when but al in all it feel better.

and would like to know I have changed my gems and enchants around and put some more haste to get up to the haste cap , but AMR says just use mastery , should I keep with what I have got or just revert back to what I did b4 and do what AMR said , and I did read what icy veins said about haste.

Seems like you only had 73% uptime on censur?

Log shows damage from SoR in addition to SoT/Censure, so OP was likely running EmpS - running it poorly, I gather, based on the Censure issue you mentioned. Also, shouldn't really look at Exo casts/procs as anything really indicative as it's bottom priority generator (without 4pT17 proc). Exception, of course, being if Exo appears high on the damage list.

OP, ignore the haste plateau (it's not a "cap," soft or otherwise). It doesn't do enough to justify seeking it. Mastery enchants/gems will, essentially, always be superior, except in some weird theoretical BiS situation where you're just shy of that plateau without a haste enchant or two.

hi guys

raided this week and still missing something I think ,  could you please help for 1 last time and ill shut up lol, just need some more pointers on or if im going wrong somewhere, on hc kromog used holy avenger and was quite impressed by it as ive never used it b4 ever.

logs : https://warcraftlogs.com/reports9fRMJZ26pGjbPQtk

thanks in advance

calis