FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
maninel

Guardian - help with pulling

Hi,

I've returned to tanking after a looong time and picking up basics again.

But there is still one thing I cannot find anywhere and that is how to pull correctly in cases when I don't want the boss to move (gruul, oregorger, these kind of encounters).

I tried charging, faerie fire, running near boss and then charge with skull bash and no success. What is the best way to do it?

Sorry for basic question,

thanks,

M.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know the numbers. But I'd guess <40ms, I really didn't have any issues for a long time regarding latency, so I just ignore it nowadays.

As a prot paladin i use speed of light and judgment while i run towards the boss (gruul, ore, flame and other bosses i don't want to be moved), if i use judgment when the pull timer is around 1(or about to go to 0), it won't move, the key is to hit it before anyone else does. i guess you could either charge, or get a speed buff + taunt the boss.

Well, you mentioned judgment for paladins, what I am looking for, is this kind of spell for bears. When I see paladin doing the pull, he/she uses spell and gruul just seems baffled what happened and waits a little while until the paladin comes into melee range.

But whatever spell I have tried, gruul doesn't have this baffled moment, he just moves immediately to meet me, so he manages to move few yards before I am in melee range and he doesn't move anymore  (even when I charged, which seems visually the fastest way I can get to him, he managed these 2-3 yards before I was in melee range)

I think if you ran towards him and just taunted of used faery fire once you were almost in his hitbox, he shouldn't move, i'm tanking with a bear in my guild, an he doesn't seem to have a problem with it, i'll ask him how he does it if you don't find your answer yourself :)

This is probably a stupid question, but are you using Growl? That's our taunt. I saw you charged and used faerie fire and skull bash, which do cause a lot of threat, but I didn't see a mention of Growl.

This is probably a stupid question, but are you using Growl? That's our taunt. I saw you charged and used faerie fire and skull bash, which do cause a lot of threat, but I didn't see a mention of Growl.

Charge + taunt is the way I do it if I want to make sure the boss stays put. The Mage can put down his Prismatic Crystal, the Warrior can put down his Ravager, etc.